Today, Vista dies... and we are introduced to Windows 7

primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI Icrontian
edited October 2009 in Science & Tech

Comments

• GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    Knowing prime, that Vista box is going to stay buried in his yard until some unsuspecting soul digs it up far in the future. It may become the only record of Vista that is preserved for future generations.
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    It's been eight long years since I was last excited for an OS. I passed over Vista because it was the suckiest suck that ever sucked. Even the RC of Windows 7 rocks, and I'll be downloading my Windows 7 Pro 64-bit tomorrow. Can't wait. Awesome video guys. So, did Thrax end up getting lucky?
  • BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    AWESOME video, guys. My favorite part was watching the Vista box fall into the hole. With the slow-mo, it was perfect. Well done, guys!

I've never been (almost) choked up over the loss of an operating system before. The real tragic thing was the young Kid Vista was doomed from the start.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    Kwitko wrote:
    It's been eight long years since I was last excited for an OS. I passed over Vista because it was the suckiest suck that ever sucked. Even the RC of Windows 7 rocks, and I'll be downloading my Windows 7 Pro 64-bit tomorrow. Can't wait. Awesome video guys. So, did Thrax end up getting lucky?

She and I have been knockin' boots since December. That was her twin sister.
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    GHoosdum wrote:
    Knowing prime, that Vista box is going to stay buried in his yard until some unsuspecting soul digs it up far in the future. It may become the only record of Vista that is preserved for future generations.

Snuffie?
  • ButtersButters CA Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    I really hate to say it, but that pickup move was kinda of forceful and arrogant. You clearly broadcasted your intentions as soon as you laid your eyes on the box. I'm still impressed, didn't even try for Home Premium, went straight for Ultimate.
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    Box on your dick you have Robert.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    Butters wrote:
    I'm still impressed, didn't even try for Home Premium, went straight for Ultimate.

You HAVE to know by now that Robert Hallock settles for nothing less than the very best...
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    So... well..

we're pretty much all seeing the same girl now, aren't we?
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    This bitch gets around.
  • CyrixInsteadCyrixInstead Stoke-on-Trent, England Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    I love the video!

~Cyrix
  • pragtasticpragtastic Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    Well done, I loved this video.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    I saw this & cried, not tears of morning but of rejoice. With every ending there's a new beginning.
  • Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    I would quote GNR's I used to love her but I had to kill her, but I never loved Vista.

Seriously, Vista is the bloated old hag that you won't miss that long after you get a glimpse of the slim, trim and fit sexiness that is Windows 7.
  • edited October 2009
    Wow, good job you've done with the video. It would me cry if it wasn't Vista.
    Windows 7 ftw! I never had any issues with it until now, for months.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    I wish I could have a Windows 7 Whopper with this video

http://www.burgerkingjapan.co.jp/news/win7.php

-Bobby
  • ZuntarZuntar North Carolina Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    Nicely done!! I must admit I was expecting a Win 7 party at the end.:bigggrin:
  • NomadNomad A Small Piece of Hell Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    0/
  • Idiot_SlayerIdiot_Slayer Member
    edited October 2009
    inb4 ZOMBIE VISTA
  • edited October 2009
    that was awesome...DEATH TO VISTA!!
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    I NEED ONE OF THOSE WHOPPERS!
  • chrisWhitechrisWhite Littleton, CO
    edited October 2009
    Yeah guys, Snow Leopard rocks doesn't it?

/ducks

I still maintain that Vista was a great OS, ran it from the first beta and loved every minute of it, 7's much better but Vista was never the train wreck everyone said it was in my experience.
  • TimTim Southwest PA Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    I avoided the Vista problems by sticking with what works (for me). XP and IE6 ! :)

I'm considering upgrading to 7 in a few months, I'll give everyone else some time to get the last minute details fixed, if there are any, before I have to deal with them myself. I need to make sure Windows Movie Maker works well in 7, and if I get it I'll go 64 bit so I can run ridiculous amounts of RAM.
  • LINLIN Tri_State Area
    edited October 2009
    Lol, great vid!
  • ButtersButters CA Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    chrisWhite wrote:
    Yeah guys, Snow Leopard rocks doesn't it?

I'd like to hit it, and then quit it.
  • mas0nmas0n howdy Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    chrisWhite wrote:
    I still maintain that Vista was a great OS, ran it from the first beta and loved every minute of it, 7's much better but Vista was never the train wreck everyone said it was in my experience.

Vista ran well on my boxes at home, but supporting it for clients has rarely been anything other than painful. I have seen first-hand all of the complaints against Vista.
  • mas0nmas0n howdy Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    Tim wrote:
    ... I need to make sure Windows Movie Maker works well in 7 ...

WMM is officially abandoned, but will still work in 7 if you're crafty. It has been replaced by Windows Live Movie Maker.
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    UPSLynx wrote:
    So... well..

we're pretty much all seeing the same girl now, aren't we?

I don't know about you guys, I've been seeing Mint lately. She makes me tingle.

7 is just my booty call.
  • chrisWhitechrisWhite Littleton, CO
    edited October 2009
    Ahem, that's like saying you're not going to upgrade because you don't know whether Paint still works. Time to stop cutting video with a rubber spatula.
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    I agree with chris white, WMM is rubbish just use Imovie! / me ducks!