Zuma gets his Revenge

Comments

• edited October 2009
    I also like Peggle and Peggle Nights, and I've been a Spider Solitaire Addict for what seems like decades now.
  • edited October 2009
    @jane
    In level 60 I don't see the scoreline, is it possible there's a bug? I kept playing over 10 minutes (perhaps longer), but the balls keep coming.It seems endless.
  • edited October 2009
    Level 60 is a triangular Venus Flycatcher Plant. The balls come out in the middle, closest to the frog, and spin around him all the way to the End Skull - which is on the same side as the opening mouth of the Flytrap.

It definitely shouldn't take you 10 minutes of continuous ball shooting. You would die. And the open mouth of the skull is really obvious. Could be a glitch, I guess. Have you gone through Challenge Mode yet? Level 60 in Challenge mode is the same as in Adventure Mode. Check it and see if it looks the same.
  • edited October 2009
    Jane wrote:
    Level 60 is a triangular Venus Flycatcher Plant. The balls come out in the middle, closest to the frog, and spin around him all the way to the End Skull - which is on the same side as the opening mouth of the Flytrap.

So, what makes the candles go out on level 60?
  • edited October 2009
    Oh, that's the first part of the last boss. Shoot balls at the flames to make all four go out. When it's dark, you'll drop down in Zhaka Mu's Dungeon and start fighting the boss.
  • edited October 2009
    @Jane,

Thanks that was the solution. After shooting the flames out I can continu the game, it's getting harder and harder. I like it.
  • edited October 2009
    Krijntje3 said:
    "Thanks that was the solution. After shooting the flames out I can continu the game, it's getting harder and harder. I like it."

Good for you. When you finish Adventure Mode, try the Iron Frog and Challenge Modes. In Iron Frog there are 10 levels and you can't die at all. Make it through all the levels and you win a prize. In Challenge Mode, you have three minutes for each level, and you have to try to reach the Challenge and/or Ace Times. The way to do it is build points quickly to get "Multiplier" balls to appear. Then get as many multiplier balls as you can. If you finish all the levels you get a prize, and if you finish them all with Ace times, you get another.

Kaboonga!
  • SPIKE09SPIKE09 Scatland
    edited October 2009
    AAAAAAAAArgh damn Pop CAP and their ridiculously addictive game's After getting peggle extreme in the ornj bawks I got gifted peggle extreme and nights and insaniquarium deluxe , then someone suggested Plants vs Zombehs :zombie::zombie::buck: guess who just had his 60 mins trial of Zuma's revenge in one sitting god help Me :eek3:
  • edited October 2009
    Sorry, I've got another problem to face, I'm playing it now for hours. It's "heroic frog'boss 3" . I need some tips and trics, why can you shoot downwards? I'm trying avoiding those two falling things ev'ry time. I'm getting desperate. Help me.
  • edited October 2009
    The bosses in Heroic Frog are REALLY HARD. I don't blame you for having trouble.

You can face backward to shoot off balls that are the wrong colour, so you don't have to shoot them into your chain. Try to keep the chain short.

Boss #3 is Baron Digo, I think. Only aim at the skulls that are glowing blue. Avoid the skulls the boss is spitting at you, cuz if they hit you, you get all wonky and it takes too long to recover. Try to remember which colour ball you have when you get hit, so you can start shooting again right away when you recover.

My advice is to go back and play Adventure a few more times, and get more practice with the bosses. Good luck!
  • edited October 2009
    Thanx Jane,

I almost finished Iron Frog 10 with only six balls in the field and unluckly I failed to win it. All chalenges levels I beat untill now and scored Ace but not the last one yet. I like the game still and it's hard to stop.
  • edited October 2009
    I admit it - I've gone back to the original Zuma. I find it more challenging, trying to beat my best scores. I just got best time in Zone 1-5 - 32 seconds. Thought I'd never get any more best times.

Also addicted to Peggle Nights. Dang PopCap anyway. When will I ever get anything else done??????
  • edited November 2009
    Is anyone else having trouble with their mouse not being accurate and/or slow in levels 40ish?
  • edited November 2009
    I'm at level 60 now.. but the screen like kind of frozen... i only can move the frog but the tiki boss aren't moving at all..and there aren't any balls rolling out... is there a problem with my zuma?

FYI : i'm using vista home premium
  • edited November 2009
    xean - Did you shoot out the four torches and drop down into the dungeon?
  • edited November 2009
    I was able to finish Iron Frog level 9 a few times but was not yet able to beat level 10!! This is so frustrating!! wow, it is insanely difficult! I can only seem to finish level 9 on 1 of every 4 attempts, and it takes a while just to get to that point. Any tips on Iron Frog level 10 for anyone who got there? It is recommended to right-click and swap balls ever? I find that I don't have the time. Seems like you simply need to FIRE AS FAST AS HELL - STOP ONCE TO THINK AND YOU ARE DEAD!!!!!!
  • edited December 2009
    I just scored 3,002,070 points in Zuma Deluxe!!! I've been striving to beat 3 million for MONTHS! YAYYYYYY.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited December 2009
    Congrats!

Jane, you should just register for Icrontic already :D
  • edited December 2009
    What will you give me if I join, Brian? Money, fame, three wishes?????

Just kidding. Done. But I'm not much for all the Profile stuff. I'm just Jane - Zuma Queen. LOL
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited December 2009
    We can give you three wishes. There's just no telling what we might grant on their account.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited December 2009
    Money: I'm not so good for
    Fame: I can help
    Three Wishes: Depends on what they are :D

Welcome to it then! :)
  • edited December 2009
    I cannot figure out how to beat level 60!!! I have been at forever! How am I supposed to shoot the balls beyond the spiral closest to me? I mean other than shooting through the gaps which I am pretty good at but one can't always get a gap. It is driving me crazy! : )
  • edited December 2009
    Kim - there's no trick to it or anything. I just went and played again, and level 60 - the reverse spiral - is all about the gaps. There's no way to shoot the outer spiral unless you make a gap to shoot through. Be sure to get all the power-ups. Bombs and lasers work well, and that one that takes out all of one colour. Try to keep the curve as short as possible with combos.

Hope this helps.
  • edited December 2009
    I've aced all the challenges except for the first one on Serpent Scuffle and I have not been able to get beyond 6 in Iron Frog so the last 4 I have not been able to open.

I LOVE this game. I have played Zuma Delux for years and beat it many times.

P.S. For all the young gamers.... I'm almost 70 and a grandma!
  • edited January 2010
    not to brag :), but if I don't score more than 3 million in zuma delux then I'm having an off day, got through everything in Zumas Revenge (including level 10 in iron frog), love this game 1:23:33 is my best time so far.....
  • edited January 2010
    Tips if you're having trouble scoring:

1) You need a minimum of 150,000 points per 10 levels, preferably more. This boils down to a minimum of 15,000 per level.

2) Getting 15,000 per level is most difficult on the earlier stages because the perfect bonus is so low. The perfect bonus is 1000 for the first 10 stages, 2000 for the next 10 stages, and so on. By the last ten stages, you're getting 6000 for a perfect bonus, making the 15,000 level score very easy.

3) You shouldn't lose any lives at all. In the very least, don't lose any lives until the last 10 levels.

4) Aim mostly for the back of the ball chain (wherever the balls come out), not for the front of it. Additionally, do whatever you can to get all the bonuses on all the levels. This gets more difficult the further you go because you'll sometimes need double gap shots to get the bonuses.

5) Take a break every now and then. If you're not doing well, stop playing for at least a few hours and then pick it up again.

~Sark

Ps -- After beating the Iron Frog, the graphic gets a top hat and a monocle. :)
  • edited January 2010
    By far way more addicting than the original. Stuggling to make it through adventure without losing a life. Only made it to 52 so far. Have the top hat, monocle, rainbow wig and tux though. You think I'd stop after acing all the challenges and beating iron frog but alas.
  • joy
    edited February 2010
    How do you beat heroic frog. The rest was a breeze but I can't even get close! Whats the trick?
  • edited February 2010
    I am on the last boss on the adventure mode and when I get ready to play no balls are coming what do i do?
  • edited February 2010
    I reached level 8 in Iron Frog when my cat jumped on my lap then stepped on my keyboard and I died... I felt like wrapping my cat in a sack and throw it in a raging river....... aaaaaaaarrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhhh.....