The art of asking a woman out on a date

Comments

• GrimnocGrimnoc Marion, IN
    edited October 2009
    Yeah, I'm that guy who comes in at the tale end of the conversation and says "Hey wait, what did you say?"

Anyway, don't ask her out for coffee. If I have to see one more guy fumbling around in speech and mannerisms while with a girl in a coffee shop...well, I will jump out the nearest window.
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    I would recommend not talking about how you hate yourself and you might want to commit suicide, leading her to have to cheer you up, and then asking her out to dinner.

Just sayin'
    There goes that plan. :grumble:
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    Grimnoc wrote:
    Yeah, I'm that guy who comes in at the tale end of the conversation and says "Hey wait, what did you say?"

Anyway, don't ask her out for coffee. If I have to see one more guy fumbling around in speech and mannerisms while with a girl in a coffee shop...well, I will jump out the nearest window.

I can't wait to see the incredible fail of when you do this in a single story coffee shop.
  • StarmanStarman Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    ^Unless there's an open manhole outside.
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    Grimnoc knows all about open man-holes.
    edited October 2009
    UPSLynx wrote:
    I can't wait to see the incredible fail of when you do this in a single story coffee shop.

Well, at least it will provide her with something more interesting to do (i.e. watch me fling myself out the window). :)
    edited October 2009
    Snarkasm wrote:
    Grimnoc knows all about open man-holes.

Zing!
  • GrayFoxGrayFox /dev/urandom Member
    edited October 2009
    Im surprised anyone would get worked up about asking a girl out.

Obviously confidence is key.

I just talk to them for a bit, normally become friends first to make sure there not batshit insane.

Then I ask them out, you either get rejected (Its best to kill the friendship at that time). Or they they say yes.

Unless I want to just bang a girl, I always become friends first.

For the next article you should write one on breaking up with the girl.

Its dam hard sometimes, Girl's are so dam emotional and clingy.

edit: If your having trouble finding girls get a sports car. My other car is a 84 corvette before owning that I didn't have girls coming up and talking to me I went to them. The corvette is a pussy magnet in the 6 months I had it on the road so far ive had a ton of girls talk to me but ive been in a relationship the whole time Ive had it on the road tho.. :/ and didn't want to cheat on her.

I don't know what it is about american sports car's, The sound of a small block chevy must make them horny or something.
  • poofiepoofie Baltimore, MD Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    heh.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    I would comment on this.

But now is not the time.

Confidence is key. Be yourself. There is is a greater power in charge. Whatever that might be. You can win one day, and be last place the next day. No two women are the same.
    And trying to play the game like before is a waste of time.
    If you want to know the secret, PM me. As I've been there, done that.
  • the_technocratthe_technocrat IC-MotY1 Indy Icrontian
    edited November 2009
    Go have a great shared experience doing something fun / out there / unique that you're into. Don't have anything like that? Figure yourself out, because that's likely your problem with the ladies anyway.
  • edited November 2009
    Write("Will you go out with me")
    if (answer = "yes")
    {
    yay
    }

if (answer = "no")
    {
    aww
    }
  • DuniganDunigan Norfolk, VA Icrontian
    edited November 2009
    First things first, be comfortable with who YOU are as a person. There was a time in my life when I was shy and didn't talk to many people because I felt that they wouldn't want to talk to me. I had no confidence in myself as a person, in my intelligence, or my looks. Then one day it hit me. I am what I am. Once I accept that, and embrace it, others will too.

So when you see my walking around with that "shit eatin grin" on my face, its not because I am cocky. Its because I am comfortable. I have accepted who I am, and I embrace every minute of it.

This has opened a whole new world to me when it comes to meeting new friends, and especially with the ladies.
    edited November 2009
    Dunigan wrote:
    First things first, be comfortable with who YOU are as a person. There was a time in my life when I was shy and didn't talk to many people because I felt that they wouldn't want to talk to me. I had no confidence in myself as a person, in my intelligence, or my looks. Then one day it hit me. I am what I am. Once I accept that, and embrace it, others will too.

So when you see my walking around with that "shit eatin grin" on my face, its not because I am cocky. Its because I am comfortable. I have accepted who I am, and I embrace every minute of it.

This has opened a whole new world to me when it comes to meeting new friends, and especially with the ladies.

i gotta say, the ladies loved Dunigan at ICOK! he was dancing and joking and generally a lot of fun.

also, you gotta give props to a man who is willing to wear tights and no pants. just sayin'.
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited November 2009
    Yeah, and if all else fails; wrestle another guy, shirtless and in a drunken stuper, on the floor of ICHQ until you break your knee or are bleeding from your chest.

Gets um every time.
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited November 2009
    MAGIC wrote:
    Yeah, and if all else fails; wrestle another guy, shirtless and in a drunken stuper, on the floor of ICHQ until you break your knee or are bleeding from your chest.

Gets um every time.
    ^5 :rockon:
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited November 2009
    MAGIC wrote:

Gets um every time.

QFE.
  • PreacherPreacher Potomac, MD Icrontian
    edited November 2009
    Poof,
    your guide is defective. I asked my wife out using your recommendations and she turned me down. I would like a refund please.

Instead, I took Greyfox's recommendation, revved my Ford V8 in the driveway, and got In like Flynn:
    GrayFox wrote:
    ....The corvette is a pussy magnet in the 6 months I had it on the road so far ive had a ton of girls talk to me but ive been in a relationship the whole time Ive had it on the road tho.. :/ and didn't want to cheat on her.

I don't know what it is about american sports car's, The sound of a small block chevy must make them horny or something.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited November 2009
    Preacher is my hero

when I grow up....
    edited November 2009
    Preacher wrote:
    Poof,
    your guide is defective. I asked my wife out using your recommendations and she turned me down. I would like a refund please.

Instead, I took Greyfox's recommendation, revved my Ford V8 in the driveway, and got In like Flynn:

your wife must be defective.

i kid, i kid. Mrs. Preacher is an awesome woman and a gracious hostess, and i hope to be even a fraction as cool as her some day <3
  • PreacherPreacher Potomac, MD Icrontian
    edited November 2009
    poofie wrote:
    your wife must be defective.
    Nope. That's me. I like to live in my own little land of misfit toys.
    poofie wrote:
    i kid, i kid. Mrs. Preacher is an awesome woman and a gracious hostess, and i hope to be even a fraction as cool as her some day <3
    I kid as well, but I will second your awesomeness, graciousness, and coolness recommendations. Any woman that puts up with a military man for a decade and a half has the patience of Job, the heart of a lion, and the toughness of Chuck Norris.
  • edited December 2009
    This is typical advice from a woman: "just ask her out, no big thing." Except it is a big thing. Know who makes it a big thing? WOMEN. Can't tell you how many times I've tried talking to a woman just to have her either get a deer-in-the-headlights look or cop some kind of 'yeah, right' attitude. Gets tiring beating our heads against the wall after a while, ladies. We're not going to propose to you just because we ask you how you're doing.

My advice to the dudes out there: worry about yourself first and knock women down from their collective pedestal. Being someone you like, someone who is happy with himself is the best way to find a woman who will like you too.
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    edited December 2009
    Dude, I recently figured out confidence for myself, and damn. That plus my swimmer's body and badass personality makes for a deadly combo XD
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited December 2009
    Cola, I'm pretty sure you just need to talk to a lady for about 10 seconds and she would say "yes" to a date with you.
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    edited December 2009
    Annes wrote:
    Cola, I'm pretty sure you just need to talk to a lady for about 10 seconds and she would say "yes" to a date with you.

5 seconds if bagfoot mckenzie is involved.
    edited December 2009
    What if the two of us were working together?
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    edited December 2009
    cola wrote:
    What if the two of us were working together?

Negative time. When are you coming to an IC event, Cola honey?
    edited December 2009
    Idk, probably not anytime soon :(
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited December 2009
    cola wrote:
    Idk, probably not anytime soon :(

And why the hell not? I have not heard this Bagfoot person talk. Someone grab an audio clip, for my satisfaction. kthx.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited December 2009
    Annes wrote:
    I have not heard this Bagfoot person talk.
    Then you are missing an entire section of the Icrontic universe.