• BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited November 2009
    Sucks to be a pawn shop now too, I bet.
  • lordbeanlordbean Ontario, Canada
    edited November 2009
    I can only imagine.
  • BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    edited November 2009
    I can just see a whole slew of people purchasing a second Xbox, now that prices have dropped (both for resold modded ones and new retail ones). "Best of both worlds" kind of thing. Which is really too bad...

Me, I'm sticking with a legit 360. The few games I actually want for it, I'll happily buy.
  • pragtasticpragtastic Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited November 2009
    I wonder how places like GameStop are handling this new influx of bad hardware?
  • edited November 2009
    PS3 - It Only Does Everything - welcomes former xbox users
  • edited November 2009
    @pragtastic,
    theyr'e supposed to check to see if the systems have been tampered with first, if the warranty sticker is intact. If not they can not accept it. If they stck with their already existing rule there should be no problem getting a used one from them.
  • edited November 2009
    @ThatzMyDawg
    You can mod without breaking that sticker.
  • edited November 2009
    Just another ploy by MS to get MORE sales to keep ahead of PS3!!!

They saw that they were about to loose the console war by the end of next year so they Ban 1 million people that NOW have to BUY another Xbox..

LOL MS are Theifs
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited November 2009
    fanboys.png
  • edited November 2009
    This is fantastic.... there must be a ghetto entrepreneur working at M$ cause that is some hood hustle-n right there.I love it.and if it were my box i would buy another one and never cross back over to the darkside
  • edited November 2009
    MS has always banned modded xboxes. this isn't news.
  • jaredjared College Station, TX Icrontian
    edited November 2009
    Play with fire, you get burned.

No surprises here.
  • waxwax the neroberg Icrontian
    edited November 2009
    i'm sure everyone "accidentally" acquired their modded xbox.
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian
    edited November 2009
    I'm not up on the 360 hardware, but is there no way to "un-mod" your 360 once you've done the deed?
  • edited November 2009
    you can unmod yes but you cannot unban
  • edited November 2009
    ps3 is JUNK. hahahahaha
  • edited November 2009
    Could you single player play games on consoles that have been banned? If I can pick one up for 50$ I might go for it. I wanna play l4d.
    edited November 2009
    Yes you can, Wugga. :)
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited November 2009
    wugga wrote:
    Could you single player play games on consoles that have been banned? If I can pick one up for 50$ I might go for it. I wanna play l4d.

The only problem with that is: L4D as a single player experience gets old VERY quickly. L4D is meant to be played with people.
  • edited November 2009
    Even if I had a banned 360 and couldn't sell it I'd buy another one before a PS3. What a worthless brick that thing is!
  • edited November 2009
    PS3's are pretty amazing, actually. The problem is that there isn't the online support that Xbox Live brings. If you don't care to play games online... PS3 is amazing. Especially when it comes with a blue ray. If you want online support though... xbox is the way to go. However, like the article states... if you don't want online support... just get a mod'd one... way cheaper than a ps3.
  • edited November 2009
    To AlexDeGruven and mike.

It is very possible to Un-ban an xbox 360. I have done it. The only problem is that it's around a 5 hour job and you must flash the nand with details from a console which hasn't been banned.

Technically I could buy 100 or these banned consoles, Un-ban them and sell them for full price. Unfortunately old habbits die hard and as soon as one person is banned they would all get banned.
  • edited November 2009
    wat da hell, microsoft is always crapping on about original material and banning piracy. there loosing to the ps3 so they make people who already have the xbox, buy another one
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited November 2009
    In fact, they're not losing to the PS3 in any metric that matters to Microsoft.
  • edited June 2010
    Guyz,i am a victim of modified xbox ..
    i purchased if for 34,000 PKR which is almost $450 here in Karachi,Pakistan.
    The retailer made a fool out of me be giving me a moded xbox elite .. =( i mailed to microsoft about this whole matter... lets see if there's any help... ;# piracy sucks!
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    Sorry to hear that, Zain :(
  • edited June 2010
    1 question name a ps3 game thats says 1080p capable on the box Enough said. all your games are 720p why waste a blu-ray tbh.
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    Cool story, bro
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    Once again the little console that could is left out of the "big boys" discussion. The Wii continues to out sell both other consoles by a large margin and guess who Sony and Microsoft are copying at E3 not something the other company produced but Nintendo.

I sure wish people would stop being ignorant, but then I guess the world wouldn't be as happy as it is now.
    edited June 2010
    The Chevy Aveo sells well, too. ;)

(TROLOLOLOL)