Halo Reach VGA trailer

primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI Icrontian
edited December 2009 in Gaming

Comments

• edited December 2009
    As an owner of all the books, this is unfathomably exciting. However, that trailer gives us absolutely nothing. Why even release a trailer?
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited December 2009
    To announce the game?
  • ardichokeardichoke
    yawns

Another mediocre-at-best FPS that will be hailed by the fanboys as ZOMG THE BEST GAME EVAR!!11!1!!!!1!1!eleventy-one!1! I feel like I've seen this movie already.
    Icrontian
    edited December 2009
    yawns

Another mediocre-at-best FPS that will be hailed by the fanboys as ZOMG THE BEST GAME EVAR!!11!1!!!!1!1!eleventy-one!1! I feel like I've seen this movie already.
  • timuchantimuchan Fishers, IN Icrontian
    edited December 2009
    I agree with @MachineDog, if the books are any indicator... this shall be epic. Too bad we already know the fate of Reach.
  • Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited December 2009
    The udders on the Halo cow are probably getting a little sore from Bungie's persistent tugging.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited December 2009
    ^ And the brahs don't care.
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    edited December 2009
    The way I understand it Bungie wants to leave it alone and start a new project, it's Microsoft that's milking it.
  • edited December 2009
    I'd like t say that this ISN'T a trailer, this is part of the opening cutscene (not the WHOLE opening but a part of it).

Also, Ardichoke, how can you even get that impression when this is in the pre-beta stage? At least wait until the actual beta is released next year before you reserve a final judgement.
  • edited December 2009
    Reach is looking gurd.
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    edited December 2009
    Artemis wrote:
    I'd like t say that this ISN'T a trailer, this is part of the opening cutscene (not the WHOLE opening but a part of it).

Also, Ardichoke, how can you even get that impression when this is in the pre-beta stage? At least wait until the actual beta is released next year before you reserve a final judgement.

He can do this because of the mediocrity of the other Halo games. Unless of course you're a broski because then it's second only to Modern Warfare.
  • Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited December 2009
    The Halo cow is going to need some of this very badly,

395ef0d02f2ab2f5e9137fd0f541369f.jpg
  • Idiot_SlayerIdiot_Slayer Member
    edited December 2009
    I like Halo. (GASPS)
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited December 2009
    I will be buying this!
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited December 2009
    Cool story brah's
  • PetraPetra Palmdale, CA USA
    edited December 2009
    Read the book 'Fall of Reach' and was unimpressed...then again, much of the space on my bookshelf is dedicated to the likes of Jordan, Pratchett, Goodkind, Card, Clarke, and Heinlein.

As for Halo as a game series, much of my enthusiasm for the project died when Bungie was picked up my M$ and the game converted into the Xbox's "sure thing" franchise. I still like the original, especially on PC (despite Gearbox not doing the greatest of jobs with it), but that's about where it ends for me. Halo2 and 3 were mediocre, at best, and my expectation is that this game will keep the tradition alive.
  • chrisWhitechrisWhite Littleton, CO
    edited December 2009
    I'm stoked, I think it will be another decent game set in a great universe I really enjoy and it sounds like this really is the last Bungie Halo game for a while. Not being part of Microsoft hopefully they'll cash in on the freedom and go somewhere else. In the meantime, this is quite possibly the most interesting event in the Halo universe and I think it will make for a great game. Plus, it looks like we finally get anti-aliasing if the trailer is showing stuff right out of the engine.
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited December 2009
    People at work will want to play this. I need to assert my nerdy dominance over them in some way, and this is it.

/me wonders where Cyclonite is, anyway