• QuadyTheTurnipQuadyTheTurnip Icrontian
    edited December 2009
    Phone-a-thon?
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    edited December 2009
    Calling people FTW!
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited December 2009
    Many were drinking, and eventually everyone started passing their cell numbers around in hopes of drunk dials.

The server ended up dying out after being completely full for hours because everyone was too busy talking to each other on the phone.
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited December 2009
    attachment.php?attachmentid=27986&stc=1&d=1260724570

woo double reflect kill!
    edited December 2009
    Lol, Bagfoot was pissed about that
    edited December 2009
    Man, I missed out on the drunk dials :(
    edited December 2009
    You guys are all lame. Let people achievement farm in other servers.
  • PreacherPreacher Potomac, MD Icrontian
    edited December 2009
    I love you, shwaip.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited December 2009
    I bet the server logs look ridiculous from last night. Everyone was getting items faster then should be legal.

I received 2 Gunboats, 2 Equalizers, the Direct Hit, and The Eyelander along with no less then 10 other items including items I did not have before. Also Camera Beards, there were at least 5 Camera Beards given out (including one for me) in a 3 hour span.
    (1 Equalizer I actually earned with soldier achievements)

This was happening on at least two servers that I was aware of. IC and a West Coast Rumble server.

Hope you guys got in on the action!

Also of note the TF2 backpack viewer is broke (due to item load out update) so you can not currently view backpacks. Once we can we will be able to see the special items that the contributors throughout the update received.

-Bobby
    edited December 2009
    I played on the IC server for a long time while everyone else was getting items, me getting none.

Then I moved to another server, and every time I died, I got the same 11 items.
    edited December 2009
    Did you end up with multiples? Or did you get the original 11 and then just get spammed after that? It seemed on IC it would give it to you the first time and then tell you about it each time you died.

-Bobby
    edited December 2009
    It wouldn't let me check my inventory. I'm just gonna not play for a couple days and see what happens.

also last night i was engie on IC's server and got 64 teleports from a single entrance/exit pair. pretty sweet. too bad our team lost because everyone was charging in and getting asplode.
    edited December 2009
    You bastards, getting loads of items without me :(

But hey, I figured out the whole Spy-Dispenser bug.

Go Spy. Type in the console "Build 0" (without the quotes)...and boom.
  • PreacherPreacher Potomac, MD Icrontian
    edited December 2009
    I could not figure out how the hell you were doing that last night, Quady. I stood there and got shot the first time I saw an enemy spy drop a dispenser....
  • JudahTCJudahTC Ballsdeep with Cola Member
    edited December 2009
    Alright, so how did I just get banned from the server for racism? If I could get unbanned, it would be much appreciated.
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited December 2009
    Who banned you? What were you saying before you got banned or what was in your spray if you were using one?
  • JudahTCJudahTC Ballsdeep with Cola Member
    edited December 2009
    Nevermind, it's all good. I'm unbanned (Thanks Prime and Tiberius)! Oh and if you must know, I called Cola a ***.

*Actually.... Im still banned* :(
    edited December 2009
    He said the F ban word, and I thought I hit 10 mins, but I think there's something wrong with my commands, the same thing happened when I tried to ban fish for 10, he couldn't get back in either.
  • pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian
    edited December 2009
    You banned both for something like 10008 minutes.
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    edited December 2009
    Wuta dick.
    edited December 2009
    Wtf, there's not even a command for that in the menus D: How the hell does that even happen?
  • CaffranCaffran Kansas City Member
    edited December 2009
    http://www.tf2items.com/crafting/blueprints.php
    Blueprints and crafting how to
    edited December 2009
    TF2 tonight (12/21) around 9 PM EST sound good for anybody? I still need my dam Direct Hit (I really really really want it)
  • Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited December 2009
    pigflipper wrote:
    TF2 tonight (12/21) around 9 PM EST sound good for anybody? I still need my dam Direct Hit (I really really really want it)

I hate the new updates, I think they are destroying the game balance.

The new rocket launcher makes it near impossible for Engineers to defend their buildings, and don't even get me started on that ridiculous demo sword!! There were already plenty of demomen with no team play concept as it was, now they do nothing but run around like morons. If I want to play a game and mindlessly melee things I'll fire up L4D2.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited December 2009
    It's like that after every update.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited December 2009
    I'll post an announcement
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm
    starts a tally

3rd thread in which Cliff has complained about the updates in one day. :D
    Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited December 2009
    starts a tally

3rd thread in which Cliff has complained about the updates in one day. :D
    edited December 2009
    I hate the new updates, I think they are destroying the game balance.

The new rocket launcher makes it near impossible for Engineers to defend their buildings, and don't even get me started on that ridiculous demo sword!! There were already plenty of demomen with no team play concept as it was, now they do nothing but run around like morons. If I want to play a game and mindlessly melee things I'll fire up L4D2.

Demo with sword = EASY kill.
    New rocket launcher sucks unless you have good aim (you also have to break the traditional soldier habits of firing at feet)
    edited December 2009
    2 things to report from last nights playing:

A. I don't believe I have ever been the only person with the {IC} tag on our server until last night. There may have been a couple Icrontians but they were not rocking {IC} as they should have been.

B. I was online at the end of the Free Weekend. Valve seemed to be doing sweeps of servers and kicking EVERYONE. From my side it crashed TF2. It seems it did that for quite a few others also. On the IC server I came back to 3 or 4 confused guys just like my self. Then I went on the Wes Coast Rumble and the same thing happened. I then gave up.

Look forward to tonight. 6pm PST. Need to collect more items to make myself some hats and Buff Banner.

-Bobby