Steam Deals

Comments

• lordbeanlordbean Ontario, Canada
    edited January 2010
    Midweek Madness - Jan 12 to Jan 14
    • King's Bounty: Armored Princess - 75% off ($9.99, Genre: RPG, Metascore: 82/100)
    • King's Bounty: The Legend - 75% off ($4.99, Genre: RPG, Strategy, Metascore: 79/100)
    • King's Bounty: Gold Edition<sup>1</sup> - 75% off ($11.25, Genre: RPG, Strategy, Metascore: 79 | 82)

Notes: 1. This is a combo pack of the above 2 games for an additional savings of about $4 if you don't own either.

My opinion: these look like good deals to me. I grabbed Armored Princess during the holiday sales, and I'll be grabbing The Legend now.
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited January 2010
    If you played the original King's Bounty or really liked the battles in Heroes of Might and Magic then you will find plenty to like about the new iterations of King's Bounty.
    edited January 2010
    Weekend Deal - Jan 15 - Jan 17
    • Dirt 2 - 50% off ($19.99, Genre: Racing, Metascore: 89/100)

My opinion: If you like racing games in the very slightest, pick Dirt 2 up. It offers many hours of fun combined with some seriously impressive visuals. Definitely worth the money.
    edited January 2010
    Midweek Madness - Jan 19 - Jan 21
    • Men of War: Gold Edition<sup>1</sup> - 66% off ($11.89, Genre: Strategy, Metascore: 80/100)

Notes: 1. Includes Men of War and Men of War: Red Tide. The games may also be purchased separately with the 66% discount.

My opinion: I'm not much into strategy games, but if I was, this looks like it'd be a good deal. Metascore's high enough to gamble for 12 bucks.
    edited January 2010
    Weekend Deal - Jan 21 - Jan 24
    • Company of Heroes: Complete Pack<sup>1</sup> - 75% off ($12.49, Genre: Action, Strategy, Metascore: 70|87|93)

Notes: 1. Includes Company of Heroes, Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts, and Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor. The games can also be purchased individually at 75% off each.

My opinion: pretty good sale. Not the newest games on the block, but you get a lot for your money here.
    edited January 2010
    Company of Heroes is EASILY the best WWII RTS out there. This is a really good deal on a really good game and the online play is about the most balanced since probably starcraft.
  • Idiot_SlayerIdiot_Slayer Member
    edited January 2010
    I can only echo winfrey in this regard. 12 bucks for all of CoH is a STEAL.
  • TiberiusLazarusTiberiusLazarus Icrontian
    edited January 2010
    • Psychonauts - 80% off ($2.00; Genre: Action; Metascore: 87/100)
    An awesome game for an awesome price. One of the most original gaming experiences I have had in years.

Demo also available: Psychonauts Demo
    edited January 2010
    Good stuff... I hadn't had time to check that out yet today. I can never resist grabbing games for 2 bucks.
    edited January 2010
    If you haven't played Psychonauts, then you should.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited January 2010
    Nice deal... Remember, Prime did a review of psychonauts. He seemed to like it...
    ANY game that contains a level that casts you as a huge Godzilla-like destroyer of an entire city filled with tiny LUNGFISH, and calls you GOGGOLOR, and lets you tromp their town and smash their orphanages, while showing newscasts of the destruction in the style of Japanese monster movies, simply MUST be played just for the sheer spectacle of it all.

For $10, I say “go out and get this right away”. You will not regret it.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited January 2010
    Yep. I concur with my own review. Buy this game.
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    edited January 2010
    Winfrey wrote:
    If you haven't played Psychonauts, then you should.

I've been hearing that for something like 3 years, but even at $2 I have less than no desire to buy it. :shrug:
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited January 2010
    Picked it up, Thx for the Heads up / recommendation.

-Bobby
  • doozerdoozer Florida Member
    edited February 2010
    Midweek Madness: March 2-4th
    Titan Quest Gold Edition 75% off = $4.99
    Includes Titan Quest and Titan Quest - Immortal Throne

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/402/
  • ObsidianObsidian Michigan Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    The Total War series is 66% off this week. You can buy all of them for just $20.39.
    http://store.steampowered.com/sub/1348/
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    Shattered Horizon is getting a free play weekend on steam and 50% sale on steam. Worth every penny, I find myself wanting to play SH while in TF2.
  • ObsidianObsidian Michigan Icrontian
    edited March 2010
    Torchlight is $5 for the weekend. Unless you absolutely despise RPG's this one is at least worth checking out for such a low price.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited March 2010
    If I haddn't already spent my video game money for the month, it'd be worth buying it again, just to have it on Steam.
  • pseudonympseudonym Michigan Icrontian
    edited August 2011
    Quakecon Pack. Just about everything id and Bethesda. Elder Scrolls, Doom, etc etc etc. 34 games. $80. Holy crap.

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/11027/

Also, you can get 20% off the pack if you purchase it with Skyrim, or 30% off with Rage. Go forth and spend money. Damn you Steam.
  • MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian
    edited August 2011
    pseudonym wrote:
    Quakecon Pack. Just about everything id and Bethesda. Elder Scrolls, Doom, etc etc etc. 34 games. $70. Holy crap.

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/11027/

Also, you can get 20% off the pack if you purchase it with Skyrim, or 30% off with Rage. Go forth and spend money. Damn you Steam.

FTFY :-D
  • Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited August 2011
    I showed great discipline this time. That Quakecon pack was in my cart all weekend, but I thought about it, and honestly, I have about a dozen unplayed games as it is, I gotta catch up first. Right now I'm giving Portal 2 a play through.

Still, $70 for that much content is amazing. I know a few people that pulled the trigger.

My suggestion, if you did, and you have never played Quake II, go back and play it, it's a classic, it's the genesis of the modern PC first person shooter, required gaming for anyone that enjoy's the genre.
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited August 2011
    I didn't buy it because i already had at least half of the games from buying the id pack last year. I did pick up a couple games (q4, fo:nv + dlc).
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited August 2011
    Quake II is the best FPS of all time. Of <i>all time</i>.
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    edited August 2011
    Thrax wrote:
    Quake II is the best FPS of all time. Of all time.

I think Pokemon Snap would like a word with you.
  • pseudonympseudonym Michigan Icrontian
    edited August 2011
    I showed great discipline this time. That Quakecon pack was in my cart all weekend, but I thought about it, and honestly, I have about a dozen unplayed games as it is, I gotta catch up first. Right now I'm giving Portal 2 a play through.

I'm in the same boat. I have so many games on my Steam account I don't know what to play anymore. I have no discipline when it comes to Steam!
  • PirateNinjaPirateNinja Icrontian
    edited August 2011
    Sweet merciful Gods! SS3:BFE is only $32.00 on Steam if you already own one in the series.
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/41070/?snr=1_promotion_sale__13

HNNNNNNNGGGGGG
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    NO BRAINER:

METRO 2033

Five stinkin' dollars.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    Swiss!
  • Slayer5227Slayer5227 Elkridge Member
    edited October 2011
    If you haven't bought metro 2033 do it that game I just opened and my jaw dropped at how amazing it looks, I'll do an update on the story when I beat it I'm really excited to play this :D