In need of Converters - PSF/USF/2SF to WAV

EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
edited February 2010 in Internet & Media
Hello all, I've been tearing my hair out the last few months over something that I don't really have any control.

Basically I'm trying to convert PSF/MiniPSF, USF, PSF2/MiniPSF2, 2SF files to wave files. Sounds simple enough but there is a catch. It has to be done from the command line so no GUI or user intervention at all (it'll be run automatically by a script). I've found converters for many other exotic formats but not these. It can be a Linux or Windows app, as long as it suits the above criteria.

Anyone? Someone save me from my madness :P This is pretty much my last stand now as I'm quite sure I've scoured the entire internet in disbelief that none such converter exists for any of those formats.

Comments

• KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    Sounds like you need to head to Tosche station.
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    ... Que?
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    Luke was heading in there to pick up some power converters.
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    Maybe he can pick you up some.
    edited February 2010
    Alright, but as this is a serious thread that I really need an answer to, I'd appreciate the derailment kept to a minimum.
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    I would just put them all in a Winamp playlist and use the Disk Writer plugin as your output option.
    edited February 2010
    Gargoyle wrote:
    I would just put them all in a Winamp playlist and use the Disk Writer plugin as your output option.

You didn't read the initial post :p
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    I didn't know anything that could be run from the command line, and I couldn't think of any good Star Wars references. What's the usage scenario? I'm just curious what sort of situation exists where you can't just convert all the files you have at once using a GUI-based program.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    Also, Hello ben. It's been a while :)
    edited February 2010
    Gargoyle wrote:
    I didn't know anything that could be run from the command line, and I couldn't think of any good Star Wars references. What's the usage scenario? I'm just curious what sort of situation exists where you can't just convert all the files you have at once using a GUI-based program.

It's on-the-fly transcoding done by the web server. See the site that I'm using it on to see what I mean - http://retrotracks.net
    Also, Hello ben. It's been a while :)

Hey Prime, nice to see the place is still around. More familiar faces than I was expecting too.
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    I'd check and see if these file types can be played using mplayer or VLC in linux. Both of those can transcode on the command line. Just not sure if they support those formats or not.
    edited February 2010
    ardichoke wrote:
    I'd check and see if these file types can be played using mplayer or VLC in linux. Both of those can transcode on the command line. Just not sure if they support those formats or not.

They can't play them (those were some of the first apps I checked). Audacious can (with plugins) but it's not capable of command line conversion.