HTC Desire: Nexus One with Flash and Sense

ThraxThrax 🐌Austin, TX Icrontian
edited February 2010 in Science & Tech

Comments

• SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    THERE'S my new phone. I'll keep watching, since video showed a little sluggishness in some of the hands-ons I saw earlier today, but if it all improves, I'll be picking this bad boy up in a little while.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    I'm fairly sure the sluggishness should be out the door by the time the device launches. All the HTC phones announced today use a new version of Sense, which means it's likely that there's additional optimization to be done, yet.
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    That's what they're saying. The Legend was supposedly running a more recent build, and word from the floor said that was positively snappy, and with less powerful hardware. I'm excited. :)
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    That phone is full of sexy. I love the idea of an optical trackball, provided it works well of course.
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    Can't forget the other departure from the Nexus One, it lacks the 2nd mic and the active noise cancellation that it provides. Not a big deal for most people but the active noise cancellation on the N1 has been touted as making call quality amazing.
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    This + CDMA + a Hardware Keyboard would be my new phone if it was available around December (Sprint Premiere FTW).
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    This + CDMA + a Hardware Keyboard would be my new phone if it was available around December (Sprint Premiere FTW).

HTC Supersonic (Sprint)
    HTC Incredible (Verizon Wireless)

None of HTC's flagship phones in 2010 have QWERTY. Ditto for Motorola's.
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    Thrax wrote:
    HTC Supersonic (Sprint)
    HTC Incredible (Verizon Wireless)

None of HTC's flagship phones in 2010 have QWERTY. Ditto for Motorola's.

To be fair, it doesn't necessarily have to be an HTC device. I'm perfectly happy with my Samsung Moment as it stands now. But after having a slide-out qwerty keyboard (not my first qwerty phone, but the best so far) with my Android, I don't particularly want to go keyboardless ever again.