Games you regret not finishing

Comments

• fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited March 2010
    I still haven't played all the King's|Space|Quest for Glory games from Sierra.
  • chrisWhitechrisWhite Littleton, CO
    edited March 2010
    Here are the ones that are coming to mind. I intend to finish all of them at some point.

Warcraft III: Frozen Throne
    Zelda: Majora's Mask, Phantom Hourglass and Wind Waker
    Illusion of Gaia & Terranigma
    Half Life, Half Life 2 (which I'm working on right now)
    Quake 4
    FEAR
    The Settlers 2
    Dawn of Discovery
    Thief
    Castle Crashers
    Age of Mythology
  • coldalarmcoldalarm England, UK
    edited March 2010
    Right now it's Drakensang.
    I wish I could make myself play it, but I really can't. I wanted it for a really long time, got it and then haven't played it.
  • TiberiusLazarusTiberiusLazarus Icrontian
    edited March 2010
    Had to go old skool, but I thought of a couple more. Fantastic Adventures of Dizzy and Clash at Demonhead. I think I've gotten to the final boss/area multiple times on both and could never beat them D:
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited March 2010
    TOM_GUYCOT_GRID_FLIP.png
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian
    edited March 2010
    Ooh, speaking of old-school. I don't think I ever finished the last couple of levels for Batman on NES. I remember leaving it paused with the TV off overnight so I didn't have to restart during heavy levels.
  • ZarineshZarinesh New
    edited March 2010
    Almost didn't finish Morrowwind. I was to side tracked with all the other quest. But I did finish it.
  • Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited March 2010
    I'm not sure if you could technically finish this game, but I always got stuck on the same level in RC Pro Am. I would get really deep into the game and not be able to get any further. Many controllers were lost....

And the guy that designed Super Ghouls n Ghosts is a sadistic son of a bitch.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited March 2010
    Don't you bring up RC Pro-AM! It makes me rage to just think of it asrlhglkjahhf;lk
  • ColgereColgere Cincinnati, OH Icrontian
    edited March 2010
    I'm not sure if you could technically finish this game, but I always got stuck on the same level in RC Pro Am. I would get really deep into the game and not be able to get any further. Many controllers were lost....

And the guy that designed Super Ghouls n Ghosts is a sadistic son of a bitch.

No one has ever found an end to RC Pro AM, it just loops every 24 levels. That said, I wasted plenty of time on this game back in the day, and loved it. I'd consider it to be the predecessor to the Mario Kart-style games that are available today.

As for Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts; What, you don't like having to beat the game (and especially THAT game) TWICE just to get the real ending? And the hidden treasure chests...oh yes, the joy of finding those chests. :rarr:
  • ZarineshZarinesh New
    edited March 2010
    For a long time, i regretted not finishing Morrowind... Later on I picked it up and finished. OCD killed me until i did :P.
  • pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian
    edited March 2010
    I regret never finishing Privateer and the first Thief, more than any other games I didn't complete. I wish someone would make another Privateer type game (I know there is an updated version of Privateer that is a free download, but its not the same) because econ/space combat/political sims are the shit.
  • FrylockFrylock Washington St...not DC
    edited April 2010
    I regret never finishing Super Mario Galaxy...I made it all the way to Bowser but never went to fight him, I have no idea why. I also never got to the end of Dead Space...I didn't even get past the first few monsters. I got scared stopped playing and uninstalled the game. Same story with Fear. I enjoy scary games but those ones really freaked me out.
  • GooDGooD Quebec (CAN) Member
    edited April 2010
    1. FF12 : Don't know why, i love the game but i did too many hunting mission and that killed my momemtum, didnt have the guts or will the finish it after that.

2. Baldurs gates 1 : never finished my game, i loved the BG2 so much that its a shame i didnt finished the first one.

3. Dead space : I regret not finishing it just if the end is good, i got tired of doing all the same thing over and over.

One bunch of games i finished but with pain is all the Half life series. Got the orange box and did it in 2 weeks but man its not my kind of game i think. I couldnt count how many times i had the will to close it to take a break lol. I hate how the episodes ends too.

And the game im the most proud to have finish will always be : MegaMan 1 on NES :) That was hardcore !
    edited April 2010
    Frylock wrote:
    Same story with Fear. I enjoy scary games but those ones really freaked me out.
    For me, F.E.A.R. was less about scaring you and more about screwing with your mind. You'd walk down a corridor and it'd suddenly turn upside-down with blood pouring down the walls (I think), and it really can disorientate you.
    I had a similar experience with Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem (a game I actually regret not finishing, now I think about it), where you'd go into the next room and something would be wrong and it'd freak you out.
    Even Fallout 3 does that in the Point Lookout DLC/mini-expansion, but it can actually be hilarious as well as really quite morbid.
    I probably regret not finishing a few games. I sort of "regret" not getting to LotRO's end-game content, it was a really promising game and something I'd consider picking back up one day, but I've lost a lot of interest in picking up an MMO again.
    edited April 2010
    Not so much a regret, but I just never finished Metroid Prime.

I got a few hours into it, go bored with it, and never finished. It was a big disappointment considering Super Metroid is one of my favorite games ever.
  • ZadokZadok Ft. Wayne, IN
    edited April 2010
    Not so much a regret, but I just never finished Metroid Prime.

I got a few hours into it, go bored with it, and never finished. It was a big disappointment considering Super Metroid is one of my favorite games ever.

I think you ought to give Metroid Prime another try. I have enjoyed both Prime 1 and 2 and will be starting Prime 3 soon. The entire Metroid series is amazing and the Prime trilogy is no exception.
    edited April 2010
    Zadok wrote:
    I think you ought to give Metroid Prime another try. I have enjoyed both Prime 1 and 2 and will be starting Prime 3 soon. The entire Metroid series is amazing and the Prime trilogy is no exception.

Yeah, I have a Nintendo Wii, I am so backlogged on games now, I literally have a half dozen PC titles that I have been meaning to play, but if I see that 3 pack sitting on the budget shelf, I'll probably pick it up in hopes that I will get to give it a 2nd go.

Just something about the original Metroid Prime, I felt kind of lost a points, and I just felt like the exploration was bland, I needed a little more action and platforming mixed in.
    edited April 2010
    I didn't like Prime 1 or 2.
    I felt constantly lost in them :(
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited April 2010
    Metroid Prime was a great game, but I felt very much the same way about it. A visually dark game with graphics that deserved better than the Gamecube's hardware. Word felt too static and exploration was far too long and confusing.

I still like the games, especially with the Wii rerelease, but I haven't finished either one. Came very close to beating the first one, I just moved on.
  • FrylockFrylock Washington St...not DC
    edited April 2010
    I loved eternal darkness! I am tellin yah, every time I saw the "your controler has been disconnected" I would jump up, freak out, and run towards the system to only find that I have been dupped again.
    edited April 2010
    Eternal Darkness didn't get me a few times, though.
    The "Volume change" was something I instantly saw through as the volume bar was different ;)
  • lordbeanlordbean Ontario, Canada
    edited April 2010
    Old SSI game called "The Summoning". I loved that game, thought it was fantastic - even today I think for its time it was an amazing game. I never actually made it entirely through.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited April 2010
    Wizardry 4 - Return of Werdna. Yep, going OLD school. Apple ][e

That game was REALLY hard to crack. This was before the internet and the only way to get through a tough spot was to call their Hint Line for $$$. I got 80% through and gave up.
  • JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway Icrontian
    edited April 2010
    Zarinesh wrote:
    Almost didn't finish Morrowwind. I was to side tracked with all the other quest. But I did finish it.

Ah, Morrowind. never finished the main storyline, got distracted by sidequests and mods. I've been wanting to pick it up for some time now... maybe I will.
  • jpparker88jpparker88 Lancaster, CA
    edited April 2010
    for me there have been lots of games i started but never finished. FFVII is a big one for me, i played through a used copy I bought at a garage sale and the 3rd disc was bad. by that time I was over it and never got around to finishing it, I still have the save file on my old memory card. The game I regret not getting 100% on is kingdom hearts 1 and 2. There were so many more videos you unlocked if you did that, and I never did.
  • M46h1n3M46h1n3 Member
    edited April 2010
    Bioshock for sure, im 10 hours in but I just dont feel like playing it lol. Rise of the triad too
    edited April 2010
    M46h1n3 wrote:
    Bioshock for sure, im 10 hours in but I just dont feel like playing it lol.
    You can't be far from the end, then. Keep going!
  • M46h1n3M46h1n3 Member
    edited April 2010
    coldalarm wrote:
    You can't be far from the end, then. Keep going!

im hooked on sc2 lol, maybe once im burned out :)
  • edited April 2010
    I have a few. Mass Effect on my 360. There is a sequel out now and I absolutely loved the original. I'm very far in the game but CoD4 came out and I played it everyday since then. (unhappy with mw2).

FF13, Even though it just came out, i lost steam in playing it due to being preoccupied.

Guild Wars, my character is old as the hills from tyria, still havent finished any full games on this, need a good guild.