STOP: 0x0000007E (0XC0000005, 0x88CCE3CF, 0XB9C7EAC4, 0XB9C7E7C0)

Hello ,
I got this error on my XP operating system.

Can someone gie me some input?

Thanks

douglass

Comments

• croc_croc_ New
    edited March 2010
    When you see the BSOD, is there a name of a driver file on the screen? Something.sys or whatever.dll or anything like that?

Have you tried "last known good configuration" from the F8 boot menu?

Can you boot into safe mode?
  • edited March 2010
    Hello Croc,
    I cannot boot in last known good configuration and the lastknown restore does not work.

I do have acronis and may have to reinstall from a first back up.
    Have you used Acronis?
    Thanks
    D

quote=croc_]When you see the BSOD, is there a name of a driver file on the screen? Something.sys or whatever.dll or anything like that?

Have you tried "last known good configuration" from the F8 boot menu?

Can you boot into safe mode?[/quote]
  • croc_croc_ New
    edited March 2010
    Do you make images of your installation with Acronis? Acronis makes a few different utilities. Their backup software can be used as a simple file backup or for making a full image of your hdd. If you are making full images periodically, you can try to load up one of the previous backup images and that should fix the issue.

Otherwise, if you have a way to extract the dump files from the c:\windows\minidump folder, send them to me and I can take a look at what is causing the BSOD.
  • edited March 2010
    there is only one file there in the minidump folder
    I have no idea ho wto extract it.
    Any ideas?

Thanks

croc_ wrote:
    Do you make images of your installation with Acronis? Acronis makes a few different utilities. Their backup software can be used as a simple file backup or for making a full image of your hdd. If you are making full images periodically, you can try to load up one of the previous backup images and that should fix the issue.

Otherwise, if you have a way to extract the dump files from the c:\windows\minidump folder, send them to me and I can take a look at what is causing the BSOD.
  • edited March 2010
    After researching a while, the 0x0000007e and 0xc0000005 error are caused usually by registry errors. You should probably use a registry cleaner to fix this problem, there are some free registry cleaners available, try use CCleaner, it should solve your problem.