The NZXT M59 case reviewed

primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI Icrontian
edited April 2010 in Science & Tech

Comments

• Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    Amazing what you can buy for $59 these days. I love the interior black matte finish. Also, it should be law to provide an access hole for rear heatsink bracket access. My expensive Antec P180 case lacks this basic feature so it makes changing the processor, or heatsink more or less a full system rebuild, common sense design decision alone kudos to NZXT. I think I will use this for my next budget gaming build.
  • BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    I'm starting to get around to looking for new hardware for a new rig. While I'm nowhere near ready to start buying, it -is- time for me to start paying attention again.

As for me, I desire a no-frills case that is function over appeal. It needs to look -nice- per say, but more of a "classy" look than a "blingy" look. Easy drive access, quiet and efficient air cooling - these are the things I look for.

And so far, this case looks like a contender. Thanks for the review, Prime!
  • edited November 2009
    You mention in the review that this'll fit the larger graphics cards of 10" long but what about the now larger HD5870 which i beleive are around the 11" mark? I'm very interested in this case because it seems to have alot of features for £45. But I'll be getting the 5870 GPU for my build so I need to know if this case can house that baby!

Great review thanks

Edgey
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited November 2009
    I just so happen to have a 5870 and an M59 on the Icrontic test bench. I will confirm and let you know. :)
  • edited April 2010
    I have just bought the M59 case and yes my motherboard tray mount was the same but i pushed it in and turned with pliers and its fine. Also the top DVD stealth bezel i took out as the flap was a pain, but to put my own DVD in i had to round the top corners off with a dremal on the drive cover and now it fits in the very top one looks loads better. It is the best case i had and i had some cases, the black inside is just awesome I have a ATI 4870 with the power x2 going in the back making card even longer and plenty room
  • the case is a must have, the only real flaw is you need L shaped SATA cable or the Rear panel will possibly make CRC error when pushing hard on the SATA cable behind the drives.