Leaked: HP Slate specs compared to iPad

GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz QueenMountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
edited April 2010 in Science & Tech

Comments

• TimTim Southwest PA Icrontian
    edited April 2010
    Wow, I thought the iPad was bad enough, but HP wants to make it even worse. First, they built a similar product. Then, they charged MORE money for it!
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited April 2010
    You can't read.
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited April 2010
    Thrax wrote:
    You can't read.

Lol.

One thing is that IMO nobody has been able to compare to Apple in is the intuitive feeling of the touch technology in their products. If HP can get that down i think a Win7 tablet would be an awesome product.
  • Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited April 2010
    Needs the AMD Neo paired with the 785G, then we will be on to something good.
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited April 2010
    The slate will have adopters but it's not going to be an iPad killer any more then any other device that spec'd similar to the iPhone has been an iPhone killer.

What other manufacturers don't seem to get is you can't compete with Apple by making something comparable to their products. You have to carve out your own niche and market something differently.
  • BasilBasil Nubcaek England Icrontian
    edited April 2010
    SD card reader
    Yes.
    onboard USB
    Yes!
    1080p HDMI out
    YES!
    1.6GHz Intel Atom Z530
    FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited April 2010
    Tim wrote:
    Wow, I thought the iPad was bad enough, but HP wants to make it even worse. First, they built a similar product. Then, they charged MORE money for it!
    Base price for the iPad IS less than the base HP Slate but with wireless added in and HP has the lead. Go for the top of the line iPad and the HP's top Slate is WAY cheaper.

Lets look at the fact that the Slate will come with Windows 7 and not a phone OS. It will run Office, Web (with flash), support so many more devices and whatever else you have on your Windows 7 system.

I have no use for the iPad. It's not powerful enough nor adaptable to replace my laptop. It is too big and is not a phone to replace my phone. The Slate COULD replace my laptop. It's light, skinny, runs the basic apps I need for daily work, it does 1080p video play back, allows me to plug in
    SD card from my camera, and it's $300 less than the top end iPad.

HP... I will try to buy you. I will try... and I will probably love you.:rockon:
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited April 2010
    If the system supports 1080p with a Menlow Atom, then it has some sort of onboard HD decoder chip--likely Broadcom. That means flash accel and an otherwise decent OS experience.
  • mas0nmas0n howdy Icrontian
    edited April 2010
    I'm still happy I picked up a T91MT. Does everything the iPad or Slate will do and for the rare occasions that I really need it, the keyboard is worth the weight.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited April 2010
    Another PLUS for the Slate---
    GPS
    It IS smaller and lighter... by a tiny amount.