Massage @ EPIC

AlidraAlidra Metro Detroit Icrontian
edited June 2010 in Community
Massage @ EPIC

Where: ICHQ

When: EPIC

What: 1/2 hour massage : $25
1 hour massage: $40

Just let me know if you want one and we will make time (grin)

If you'd like a massage, please do it on a day that you do not plan to drink. You will need to drink extra water after your massage. If you decide to drink alcohol after you massage you will feel sick and very sore the next day. You can absolutely not drink immediately before your massage, and I highly recommend that you do not drink in the 24 hours after your massage.

Any questions please let me know.

1 hour
Wags
QCH
fatcat
Mertesn
annes
Tushon
RyderOCZ
Cannonfodder
Zenmode

1/2 hour
Garg

Comments

• QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited April 2010
    You touching me... :scratch:

IN!!! :D
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited April 2010
    I suppose I'm in...:rant:
    edited April 2010
    Add in MircleMan's Crack-o-practor session before your massage and I'm good for the summer. :D
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited April 2010
    You should mention the alcohol policy for massage.
  • AlidraAlidra Metro Detroit Icrontian
    edited April 2010
    Thanks Magic! If you'd like a massage, please do it on a day that you do not plan to drink. You will need to drink extra water after your massage. If you decide to drink alcohol after you massage you will feel sick and very sore the next day. You can absolutely not drink immediately before your massage, and I highly recommend that you do not drink in the 24 hours after your massage.

Any questions please let me know.
    edited April 2010
    I don't drink so I'm a good candidate. Only issue, golf and laser tag. Should I schedule my massage for after them or before. Wouldn't want to be jelly for them but being a bit loose would be good too.
    edited April 2010
    QCH wrote:
    I don't drink so I'm a good candidate.

Wooo Q! I love you!!!
    edited April 2010
    :o Awe, shucks.... Love you too. Specially since telling you I hate you before a message would not be the smartest thing. Might end up unable to walk. ;D
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited April 2010
    How does drinking and a massage not go together?
    edited April 2010
    Messages (good ones) break up crap in the muscles, and "damage" them a bit in the process of loosening knots and such. Repair needs water... alcohol is a diuretic. Am I close, Alidra?
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian
    edited April 2010
    Pretty much... If I don't drink a metric crapton of water after a massage, I feel like total ass the next day.

Though, I have been known to drop a nice heavy beer after one, but I just make sure to increase the water at least double that much.
    edited April 2010
    Yeah. Toxins are released when breaking up knotted muscle. The cells of the body need to be hydrated so that they do not absorb the free floating toxins. With the extra hydration the body should be able to excrete all toxins without issue. Alcohol dehydrates the body. Thus the cells have no choice but to absorb the toxins. You will feel flu-ish from it. Achey, sore, sick, headachey, etc.
    edited April 2010
    QCH wrote:
    Add in MircleMan's Crack-o-practor session before your massage and I'm good for the summer. :D

Seeing the Chiro prior to your massage would be most helpful. He'll align the bones, and the massage will help keep them there.
    edited May 2010
    I'm going to bump this, as Ryder seemed to have missed it. <3
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    In. What are your dates of service?
    edited May 2010
    Sometime during EPIC. <3
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    In. :D
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    Unf. Yes. When are you getting in?
    edited May 2010
    According to my navigator the 22nd or 23rd. <3
  • WagsFTWWagsFTW Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    I am definitely in. I think I might go for a 1 hour one this time. :)
    edited May 2010
    Oh, and I think 1 hr would be great.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    Yea we'll be arriving either Tuesday evening or Wednesday by noon and leaving Monday.
    edited May 2010
    So, please let me know how long you'd like your massage to be. So far I have:

1 hour
    Wags
    QCH
    Fatcat
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    1 hour please
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    1 hour for me as well!
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    I'll do a 1/2 hour.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    I'm in for an one hour! <-- Should that be an or a .... an because its a vowel, a because it sounds right ... I have a feeling its more appropriate to say "a" as in "a one hour massage"
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    natravis wrote:
    I'm in for an one hour! <-- Should that be an or a .... an because its a vowel, a because it sounds right ... I have a feeling its more appropriate to say "a" as in "a one hour massage"

Not to continue the derail, but the "a" vs "an" decision is based on the sound of the successive syllable, not the letter.

"one" starts with a "w" sound, and therefore "a one hour massage" is appropriate.

"hour" starts with an "ow" sound, and therefore "I'll go for an hour" is appropriate.

Unfortunately, many people believe that MOST words starting with "h" have the "h" silent, meaning people will say things like "an historic event", which is not correct.

But then, this is also English. So the rules can be changed at the whim of the speaker/writer.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    But then, this is also English. So the rules can be changed at the whim of the speaker/writer.

I appreciate the clarification. I'm fairly well spoken most of the time, but I hadn't encountered a situation like that recently where I wasn't sure about the right one. English is so finicky.
    edited June 2010
    Just another bump. Ryder. I'm looking at you <3