If geeks love it, we’re on it

Howdy, Stranger!

You found the friendliest gaming & tech geeks around. Say hello!

Worst DVD Menu on the Face of the Planet

edited Apr 2010 in The Pub
For those who are interested:

Rent Detroit Rock City. Only do so, however, if you're willing to expose yourself to the literal worst DVD menu conceivable.

I present now a transcript of what must have been the actual conversation occuring around the DVD menu development table for the release of Detroit Rock City in said format:

Developer 1: Hey let's try to do something really different and cool with the DVD menu, huh?

Developer 2: Yeah, okay. Or! Or! Or! Why don't we just do something that hasn't been done previously (or since) for blatantly obvious reasons!

Developer 1: Hm... I like the way you think. The obnoxious-as-hell route it is.

Developer 2: You read my mind.

Comments

• ThraxThrax Professional Shill, Watch Slut, Mumble Hivemind Drone Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited Apr 2010
    [Citation needed]
  • edited Apr 2010
    I lack source material.
  • ThraxThrax Professional Shill, Watch Slut, Mumble Hivemind Drone Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited Apr 2010
    An explanation will suffice instead.
  • edited Apr 2010
    No text.

Just wait through audio prompts like you just called your electric company's customer service phone line.
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited Apr 2010
    Wait. Like "Click enter now to watch the movie. Click enter now to watch the commentary. Click enter now to go to the extra features." Really?
  • edited Apr 2010
    "Push enter to start the movie. Push Left for special features. Push Right for audio options. Push down for scene selection." Etc.