Team stacking :/

shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
edited July 2010 in Team Fortress 2
Most of the time I play on the IC server, things are fine. Every now and then, we end up with a team full of IC people, and the other team with 1-2 IC people and everyone else not. It's not fun to play against a coordinated team when your team isn't working together.

I think I'm mostly raging because today, someone {IC} joined the server when teams were 5-4 or something, with 4 IC on the team with 5 people. They waited until a random came in to even the teams, then chose to join the 4/5 {IC} team, despite the fact that team was winning handily.

Scramble isn't an option, it never passes because it needs some crazy fraction of people.

I'm just hoping that people can choose teams so that they are even - this may mean NOT using "Random team" to pick the team that isn't already stacked with IC, or if you notice that the teams are stacked, switching away.

(in b4 less QQ, more pew pew)

Comments

• BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    Here's an idea.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    That looks like a really cool plugin.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    Wow, I make fun of the fact that we end up with a 75% {IC} on teams sometimes. "Clan Stackers!" even if I am on the stacked team. I guess I never really pay attention/care if we win or lose. I always use random team and welcome being against an {IC} stacked team as that means I get some cool death/kill shots.

If people are purposely stacking the teams then indeed there is a problem to be addressed. I am for a scramble mod such as the one BH suggested.

-Bobby
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    I used to notice a lot more stacking before we turned on all-talk, since people wanted to be on the team where the socialization was happening, but I haven't really noticed it being a problem since then.

That plug-in does look pretty cool, however, and I would not be opposed to installing it.
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    moar pew pew less qq
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    Cry some more
  • TiberiusLazarusTiberiusLazarus Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    Went ahead and installed that plugin. It will probably need some playing to get everything set up correctly.
  • ObsidianObsidian Michigan Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    I usually just go on whatever team my friends are on. I play TF2 to have fun with my friends. Obviously the team with more IC people is probably where my friends are.
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    I have a solution. Remove the {IC} Tag that way even if there is clan stacking afoot nobody will know.
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    Koreish, I'm not necessarily talking about only IC stacking. It's where it becomes most obvious because the entire team has the IC tag, but if you're joining a game and there's a team that's destroying the other team...you should probably be joining the team at a disadvantage, not picking random / the winning team.

Obsidian, that's a fair point. I just think you should consider if the other team isn't having any fun (and the fact that you'd have fun even if you were playing against your friends). I don't think being on either side of a stacked team is nearly as fun as when there are epic battles to push the cart right as time is going to run out (or insert objective here).
  • PreacherPreacher Potomac, MD Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    shwaip,
    can I hug you? PLEASE.
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    Preacher wrote:
    shwaip,
    can I hug you? PLEASE.

SPY!!!! HE'S TRYING TO HUG YOU WITH A KNIFE!
    edited May 2010
    no, I just assume rexxar is behind me.
  • ObsidianObsidian Michigan Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    shwaip wrote:
    Obsidian, that's a fair point. I just think you should consider if the other team isn't having any fun (and the fact that you'd have fun even if you were playing against your friends). I don't think being on either side of a stacked team is nearly as fun as when there are epic battles to push the cart right as time is going to run out (or insert objective here).
    Shwaip, I usually play medic. It's not like I can just pull out my bow and rape everyone I see (damn you Winfrey). It's a lot more fun to help my friends than help some random dude kill my friends, usually failing miserably.
    edited May 2010
    I agree, it's terribly frustrating to play medic on a team where the other team is organized and knows to attack you to stop you from getting a kritz/uber. It definitely makes things less fun for me when I'm really close to 100% and get killed because the people I was healing let me die.

As a medic, I also know how much a single kritz/uber can turn the tide of a battle from getting steamrolled or completely contained by a couple sentries to being able to cap a point. I also know that there's always someone on the shitty team that you can be a pocket medic for and rape some face.

I'm not trying to stop you from having fun. If you only want to play with your friends, go for it.
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    shwaip wrote:
    I agree, it's terribly frustrating to play medic on a team where the other team is organized and knows to attack you to stop you from getting a kritz/uber. It definitely makes things less fun for me when I'm really close to 100% and get killed because the people I was healing let me die.

The reason my 60hrs of medic isn't twice that.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    shwaip wrote:
    you should probably be joining the team at a disadvantage
    Unless you're the one that sucks. ;D
  • ZadokZadok Ft. Wayne, IN
    edited June 2010
    Unless teams are even when you join the server you don't have a choice about which team you end up on. Unless you wait for other people join and even out the teams first, and I just want to jump strait in.
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    Cannonfodder approach:

1) join IC server
    2) hit ok
    3) hit 1 (join random team)
    4) kick ass and chew bubble gum
    5) realize I'm out of gum
    6)......
    7) PROFIT!
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    Cannonfodder approach:

1) join IC server
    2) hit ok
    6)......
    7) PROFIT!

When did you learn to kick ass? ;D
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    QQ
  • PreacherPreacher Potomac, MD Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    Cannonfodder approach:

1) join IC server
    2) hit ok
    6)......
    7) PROFIT!

I have extra gum if you want some.
    edited June 2010
    Preacher wrote:

Someone will probably have to teach him how to kick ass too.
  • edited June 2010
    I love losing
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    Preacher wrote:

Cheers, do want.
  • FrylockFrylock Washington St...not DC
    edited July 2010
    most the time I see a ton of IC on the same team I pick the other team...unless fish is on that team ;-P
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    Frylock wrote:
    most the time I see a ton of IC on the same team I pick the other team...unless fish is on that team ;-P
    OUCH.... but I agree. :-)
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    Hey I think we should try and be a little nicer to Fish.
  • ZadokZadok Ft. Wayne, IN
    edited July 2010
    _k_ wrote:
    Hey I think we should try and be a little nicer to Fish.

I agree. Fish takes an awful lot of flak.
  • MarushkaMarushka cambridge, ma Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    Guys, guys, stop your fretting. I see where you are going. Alright, you win, I will play. I know it may seem unfair because whatever team i am on will be "stacked" because of me, but I assure you I am just one person and there is nothing more I can do.