Shattered Horizon tournament

_k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
edited July 2010 in Community
So I am going to be running a shattered horizon tournament at EXPO. Looking for people to play as well as map suggestions. I think this will turn into an assault tournament best 2 of 3, or however many it takes for a winner if both teams are successful in their assault.

The other thing is wondering who would be interested in a skirmish set as well. Most likely this will not play into the tournament at any pace unless the assaults finish quickly and people want to keep playing.

Hopefully tomorrow afternoon I will have some idea about map length, suggested rotation, play modes, and teams.

EDIT: Thinking 13 minute rounds of Assault using Ten Star, Deadeye, and Moondust in that order.

Comments

• PreacherPreacher Potomac, MD Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    _k,
    Do I have to buy it?!
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    It would help.
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    I'll play pick up games.... not sure when we'd have time for a tournament. Can we run a tournament in the background whenever people feel like playing?
    edited June 2010
    Yup, I wouldn't mind running it across two days. A full match would be 30 minutes so I think we could easily make it happen.
    edited June 2010
    We having backing from prime on this. There will be a give away for 3DMark Vantage keys to all who participate. Looking at who SH in IC this will be a 2 team, 3 game tournament.

If you really really want to play send me a PM telling me how amazing my horse is, this is extremely limited and I will only give out keys at EXPO when sign up is happening. This is mostly to make sure they don't go to waste.
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    _k_ if I setup the server, can you get to it through the internet so you can test it?
    edited June 2010
    Ya I can do that. But there is an issue with doing it at the LAN.

Lan servers are not showing up in the SH server browser but they do in the steam one. We can work around this by hosting it on a players machine and doing a steam friends join through the SH browser. Haven't tested if this does actually work since I don't have two copies. Same idea as hosting a L4D2 server locally. The internet server setups seem to work fine but me and someone else couldn't get our LAN servers to work correctly, we weren't on the same LAN he was just trouble shooting at his location for me.
  • ZadokZadok Ft. Wayne, IN
    edited June 2010
    I'm in
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    _k_ wrote:
    Ya I can do that. But there is an issue with doing it at the LAN.

Lan servers are not showing up in the SH server browser but they do in the steam one. We can work around this by hosting it on a players machine and doing a steam friends join through the SH browser. Haven't tested if this does actually work since I don't have two copies. Same idea as hosting a L4D2 server locally. The internet server setups seem to work fine but me and someone else couldn't get our LAN servers to work correctly, we weren't on the same LAN he was just trouble shooting at his location for me.
    If you can't connect to a server, then why do we need a server?
    edited June 2010
    Because it is not like L4D2 where you just create a server when you start the game. But I really assume you mean why on the server machine.

I got a reply from the SH team and what it boils down to is that SH does not look on the LAN for LAN games. It pings the master list through steam and gives back your external IP so you end up trying to connect to your external IP instead of the internal IP. You can set up a forwarding on it to the server's IP, but why the external master server list is being used when setting up a LAN is stupid, why oh why would they do this.

But any way they said it needs to use the argument --mode lan_server which will take it off the master server list, funny because I would of assumed when you clicked the LAN radio button it would of done that.
    Now if you do not have any need for outsiders to play on the server, only LAN players, then you can set up SH server with the argument --mode lan_server which ensures it won't end up in the master browser for everyone and should show up for everyone in the LAN tab and work just fine from inside the LAN.

Here is the thread they posted in for the full blah blah blah they posted.

When I get home today I will try this and report back, plus ask them why the radio button needs an argument since it says only LAN.!!
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    Hopefully technical issues won't hold us back.

In.
  • ZadokZadok Ft. Wayne, IN
    edited June 2010
    Do we have a time set up for this yet?
    edited June 2010
    No but I am going to try and get it going today.
  • SirCandleSirCandle New Haven
    edited June 2010
    I have never played this before but I have it and I will be there later tonight if it's still going on.
  • BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    Already voiced my interested in the tent, but here is my formal request to join the tourney. :D
    edited June 2010
    Winning Team: Zadok, Winfrey, Curtis, Bandrick, Jimmy
    Other Team: _k, prag, cannonfodder, mertsen, lynx, tushon
  • sharkydartsharkydart KY Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    thanks for setting that up!
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    If anyone wants their 3DMark Vantage key for participation, PM me