Dear Sprint, if I could have but a Moment of your precious time...

Comments

• edited July 2010
    So, you bought a broken phone that is not manufactured by sprint. then you write an article trying to blame sprint for the problem?
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    Wow, quick with the trolling.

Since Sprint is the only option for fixing the issue (whether by releasing a software update, or getting me a different device as a part of my subsidized original purchase)... Yes.
    edited July 2010
    Well, it seems escalation was the proper path.
    I am sorry that you are having this issue with the Samsung Moment, fortunately Samsung is aware of the issue and is working to resolve this issue for all of the customer who have this particular handset. Unfortunately, we cannot offer you any compensation due to the fact that you have been experiencing this issue and will waive your Early Termination Fees if you decide to cancel your account. I will honor the agreement to allow you to cancel your service without penalty until July 22, 2010.
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    Yay, and about time.

Makes me kind of glad I got rid of Sprint for Verizon.
  • edited July 2010
    Wow Tom B, your reading comprehension is off the charts....
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    Finally, sweet justice. Droid tiem now?
    edited July 2010
    ardichoke wrote:
    Finally, sweet justice. Droid tiem now?

Not on your life. VZW is way too expensive.
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    U MAD BRO?
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    bro why didn't you hit me up. I could of passed you along to the CEO my mom went to high school with him.
    edited July 2010
    _k_ wrote:
    bro why didn't you hit me up. I could of passed you along to the CEO my mom went to high school with him.

Oh well... I got it resolved anyway. Unless you can get me a direct line to fix this without canceling (which I haven't yet)
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    _k_ wrote:
    Did anyone here at IC know this before this post?
  • ObsidianObsidian Michigan Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    RyderOCZ wrote:
    Did anyone here at IC know this before this post?
    Yea, k's mom and I go way back.
  • KhaosKhaos New Hampshire
    edited July 2010
    Sprint is awful.

I had a Sprint phone in Chicago. I moved to New Hampshire. Prior to moving I verified on the Sprint website that they provided service in the area I was moving to.

When I got to New Hampshire, the phone did not work until I was 45 minutes South of my house. I spent a week with Sprint customer "service" both via phone and e-mail trying to resolve the problem. They were unable to resolve the matter. In lieu of the fact that their service maps claimed I should have service, but in fact they had verified based on records that I did not, I thought it only fair that they should waive the early termination fee and let me switch to a carrier that did provide service in my area.

Sprint customer service claimed that the early termination fee would be waived.

A few months later, Sprint showed up on my credit report claiming that I owed them money for the early termination fee.

I got nowhere with customer service on the issue, even after showing them the e-mails where they said the ETF would be waived.

This was about five years ago... Seems they have marginally improved since then, but I will never purchase anything from Sprint ever again. It was a huge headache.
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    I live in Kansas City Sprint's world headquarters and it is damn near impossible to get a good signal anywhere. Sprint provides horrible service customer or otherwise.
  • BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    I was about to tell Sprint to get stuffed forever, but then I realized that stories like these are most likely to be found on ALL American handset and service providers. Are there ANY "good guys" in today's markets?

Nate, sorry to hear you had such a run-around, and I commend you for remaining professional the entire way through. At least you have a way out now. If I were you, I would spend the time between now and the 22nd to reconsider who you REALLY want to do business with.

In the meantime, I WILL be avoiding Sprint for quite a long time. I wish them the best of luck over the course of the rest of the decade. They'll need it.
    edited July 2010
    That's the main problem. All US cellular carriers suck. It's just a matter of finding the one that sucks the least for you.

In that case, for almost 3 years now, Sprint has been the least sucky for me. I'm not sure where I'm going to go at this point. I have options, I just need to explore all of them.

At this point, my main problem with them is not the fact that they're continuing to sell a known-faulty device (though it's a pretty big problem). My main problem is their attitude of "You get a Hero. Otherwise, you can get stuffed."

Even after they've authorized my no-ETF departure, I couldn't get the person I was talking to to admit that it was retarded they were letting a $200/month contract go for (even in the most extreme case) less than $200.

And as recent as this afternoon, they were still arguing that a device with a known problem that impacts overall usability is not 'defective'.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    I've had good experience with Verizon. Just can't afford them.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    All cellular carriers suck everywhere.
    edited July 2010
    I had a terrible experience with Verizon and am hesitant to ever return to them. Alltel was always good to me... then the got bought out by Verizon. T-Mobile has been good to me, but they seriously need to improve their 3G coverage. A lot.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    I like T-Mobile (my current provider) except for one major glaring factor: As you say, their coverage is absolutely abysmal. If I go north of Flint, it's just.. gone. I have no coverage anywhere in half of the freaking state.
  • BasilBasil Nubcaek England Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    Thrax wrote:
    All cellular carriers suck everywhere.

Lies

Any telephony company that uses 'unlimited' to mean unlimited simply cannot suck.
    edited July 2010
    I like T-Mobile (my current provider) except for one major glaring factor: As you say, their coverage is absolutely abysmal. If I go north of Flint, it's just.. gone. I have no coverage anywhere in half of the freaking state.
    I assume you mean data coverage. I go home to Saginaw on a regular basis and have decent voice service, but I can pretty much forget about data unless I'm at a wifi spot. I also had pretty good coverage in the UP when I was up there, the only data I could get was "roaming" data through AT&T though... which T-Mobile informed me I wouldn't be charged for using and, lo and behold, I wasn't. Still though... they absolutely need a stronger data network. It annoys me to no end to see them talking about the development of their 4G network when they don't even have passable 3G coverage. So frustrating.
  • BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    Basil wrote:
    Lies

Any telephony company that uses 'unlimited' to mean unlimited simply cannot suck.

After looking at what giffgaff offers, it gives me another reason to be envious of Europe. They know how to party... =/
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    I've been content with T-Mobile since they are the only bill I have that hasn't given me stupidity. But I want better phones like the EVO 4G(Though I dig my new MyTouch Slide) and more coverage as I travel around the state sometimes and usually have some kind of signal for DATA but it's just a tease when it seems slower than Dial Up. Luckily 3G seems to exist in most major cities, just not on the drive in between :P
  • edited July 2010
    My phone died and I need to pick a new one. DO you think I should by a moment thought they're discontinuing them for the Intercept and the moment will never get 2.2 or get the Intercept with the crappier resolution and .0 since it's the new release so will be supported longer? I've never had a smart phone before and I'm looking for the least worst sprint option that has a keyboard. thanks for your input.
    edited July 2010
    Samsung Intercept has a much higher resolution than the Moment. Don't get the Moment.
  • edited July 2010
    sorry for the typos my screen is dying so it flickers on and blacks out intermittently so I'm frequently typing blind.
  • edited July 2010
    the sprint site says intercept has Brilliant 3.0" WQVGA display and moment has "AMOLED" and supopsedly higher resolution so supposedly moment would be more viewable in bright light and some apps might not run at lower interept resolution. I also heard modem on moment was .A and modem on intercept was .o and this was major speed downgrade. HOnestly Im not a techy I'm repeating what I read and don't know much so not sure how much difference these variations make but I want to end up with the fastest most reliable phone. I havent used wifi before so that lockup might not affect me. Don't know if never getting 2.2 would matter if cant use adobe even with 2.2 on intercept. I heard both phones had glitch where touchscreen and/or hard keys on face of phone dont respond to touch. Help! What should I get. Thanks again
  • edited July 2010
    is tehre someplace i could actually look up th eresolution of both phones I had heard the intercept was rumored to have higher res before it came out but that when it actually came out it was some weird lower resolution then what the moment had.
    edited July 2010
    Bah, looks like a link I read was wrong.

Intercept = 400x240
    Moment = 480x320

So, yes, the Intercept has a lower resolution than the Moment.

You're also right that the Moment uses EVDO Rev A, while the Intercept is Rev 0. Rev 0 is slower.

It's lose/lose no matter what phone you get. The Moment won't receive an update ever again, but the Intercept is crappy and inferior.