Sharkoon X-Tatic 5.1 gaming headset review

primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI Icrontian
edited December 2010 in Gaming

Comments

• boasistboasist Troy
    edited July 2010
    Nice write up. I am in the market for a system like this. Mostly for PC based gaming. I have a MisterX amp now, and it works great, but using a mic is becoming a need.

Have you guys ever had a hands on with any of the astro headsets? Those seem to carry the highest reviews of any pc/console headset I can find.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    I haven't personally tried the Astro headsets, no.
  • edited July 2010
    these are very similar to the Tritton AX360 i have, except the mic must be better on these. it has the same control box and the same hiss.
    edited July 2010
    The mic is the nicest I've ever used. Interesting bit about the control unit. Thanks for letting me know :)
  • ObsidianObsidian Michigan Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    Were you using the X-Tatic when we played Alien Swarm last night?
  • TurboPenguinTurboPenguin Orangevale, CA
    edited July 2010
    Ill have to play around with this one as it sounds really good. I's still a bit skeptical though my Turtle Beach 5.1SS HPA2 headset is well imo perfect!
  • TurboPenguinTurboPenguin Orangevale, CA
    edited July 2010
    Sharkoon X-Tatic 5.1 = $159.99
    Turtle Beach 5.1 = $75.99

I would be hard pressed to spend almost double the price. It would be nice to have the reviewer try the Turtle Beach HPA2 next and compare them...

BTW great article! As always Icrontic is great!
    edited July 2010
    Obsidian wrote:
    Were you using the X-Tatic when we played Alien Swarm last night?

Yep!
  • edited December 2010
    Is the microphone really that good? Better than the Turtle Beach PX21's? I'm actually looking to buy the Sharkoon X Tatic SP headset, though, but I assume microphone quality is the same on the two Sharkoons.
    edited December 2010
    I mean, I'm no audiophile, nor do I have any sort of scientific way of testing quality. All I can go by is my friends online saying "wow you sound better than normal" and "wow your mic is fantastic".