Mic Spamming

FrylockFrylock Washington St...not DC
edited July 2010 in Team Fortress 2
Today I was playing TF2 and having a great time, then people started spamming. They kept playing music through each map almost non stop. I didn't mind at first but when it didn't stop it got annoying. I asked a couple times for people to stop but it never did.
One of my friends joined me on the server and now has it blacklisted because the noise annoyed him too much. He may unblacklist it in the future but the noise pissed him off too much.

Please address the sound issue a little more clearly. I don't mind the music durring setup but once the round starts it's nice to hear the game.

-[TSTF] Frylock (Dave)

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    You can mute individual players.
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    Frylock,

Next time that happens if you hit up admins on steam they will jump in server and take care of it. The server rules are listed on the homepage when you join but most everyone does not read them. Hit me up and I will jump in through a warning that they have 15 seconds to stop it and then..

banhammer1.jpg
  • pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    What _k said, get one of us with Admin and the Ban Hammer shall be used. Had to ban that little shit the other night who creeped out Fish with his constant mic spam.
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    I'd like admin if that'd be ok, I can't ever ban people, just kick em, and as proven the other day they can keep coming back.
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    I second giving cola admin. We could use a few more regular players with Ban Hammers.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    ok
  • pragtasticpragtastic Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    Don't give it to cola. I could vote Bagfoot for admin though.
  • TiberiusLazarusTiberiusLazarus Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    cola wrote:
    I'd like admin if that'd be ok, I can't ever ban people, just kick em, and as proven the other day they can keep coming back.

Oh ya...fix'd
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    Can we define Mic Spamming? We get some players who are intoxicated (alcohol, caffeine, whatever...) that talk a lot (Me included) and I think that Adds to the fun. Also I enjoy some music every once in a while.

It also seems that there is a back end way to mute a player server wide? Is it possible to have a player initiated vote to mute a player? This would actually address a few issues on the server <>< ;)

-Digi
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    All voting needs to be run by an admin, which you should be able to do it with the way the server is now..I think.

Music during setup and the occasional short burst. If you are intoxicated and simply talking a lot that is fine, there is a specific contribution factor required here. Fish has gotten muted because he rambles about mundane items or spends 3 minutes trying to fit the words together while playing that someone needs to help him.

A positive contribution to the atmosphere is what I consider the requirement and making sure to ask the person to lessen the mic usage should be used first. I doubt that an IC member or regular doesn't know what we take as acceptable.
  • TiberiusLazarusTiberiusLazarus Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    _k_ wrote:
    making sure to ask the person to lessen the mic usage should be used first. I doubt that an IC member or regular doesn't know what we take as acceptable.

This.
  • FrylockFrylock Washington St...not DC
    edited July 2010
    I enjoy talking to drunk people in game. They do make the game a lot more fun
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    This.

:eek3:
    edited July 2010
    The Following is NSFW

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FTYFGAsEltc&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FTYFGAsEltc&hl=en_US&fs=1&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

-Digi
  • pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    omg bobby, hahahahahahahaha

+1
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    I don't know much about mic spammin, but Annes sure can sing :D
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    I say we disable mics and just loop Lady Gaga's Bad Romance over the server.
    Problem solved. You're welcome.

-magic
    edited July 2010
    MAGIC wrote:
    I say we disable mics and just loop Lady Gaga's Bad Romance over the server.
    Problem solved. You're welcome.

-magic

You mean we're NOT already doing this?! Someone must be punished for this massive failure.
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    I'll just go ahead and throw Jimmy under the bus for that one.
    edited July 2010
    FYI me posting that video made a lot more sense before the spammy comment above it got deleted.

+1 for Magics idea but I say leave the mics on so we can laugh at the newbs trying to complain over Gaga.

-Digi
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    less QQ more pewpew