StarCraft 2 and anti-aliasing: a tempest in a teapot

2»

Comments

• GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    installed the new ATI drivers and turned AA on and cant tell a diff in SCII It looked amazing before
  • Ian
    edited August 2010
    Just installed beta "hot fix" and WOW, visually it makes a huge difference, thought even with 8gb ram and 5870 it slows it down alot at 1600x1200 so it is a bodge job alright.
  • Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited August 2010
    Ian wrote:
    Just installed beta "hot fix" and WOW, visually it makes a huge difference, thought even with 8gb ram and 5870 it slows it down alot at 1600x1200 so it is a bodge job alright.

Your specs are very similar to mine. Only difference is I run 1920X1080. Im curious, with the eye candy and AA enabled, what kind of frame rate are you getting? With AA off, how do you fare?
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited August 2010
    I cranked Nvidia's CP option to 32x SLI AA. The only thing bad about it is I am only running 138 FPS :( with or without AA the game is playing amazingly. But I can see the difference with AA switched on.
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    edited August 2010
    fatcat wrote:
    so...when is Starcraft 2: Episode 1 (or will it be episode 2, and yes I know they are called Heart of the Swarm and Legacy of the Void) coming out? 12 years from now? Want more single player campaign (namely Protoss)

Heart of the Swarm's story is being worked on now. There are no plans to start making the game proper until 2011. Production shouldn't be that long as most of the game is made already made, but it is Blizzard. So Zerg will probably be out late 2012 and Protoss 2014.
  • Max
    edited August 2010
    Just got a GTX 460 and at 1920x1200 and Ultra Quality in SC2, I can force Nvidia to do 8x AA and Anisotropic and run without a noticeable performance decrease