Well, hello there.

AdvakusAdvakus Nova Scotia, Canada
edited August 2010 in Team Fortress 2
Hello. I am Advakus.
I'm a long time reader of the Icrontic website. Tech, gaming, life, you name it, I read it.

It's been a long time of me watching your ups and downs over the years, and even though none of you know me, I certainly know a lot of you!
(I promise I mean that in the least creepy way possible.)

I stumbled upon your Team Fortress 2 server a night or two ago under the name víkingr.
What a pleasant surprise!
The proper mix of chaos and friendly banter made my usually-entertaining TF2 experience a joyous, explosive occasion.

I was even encouraged to dust off the old microphone, something I rarely do for Team Fortress 2, just to talk with you fine gents (and ladies!).

Now I'm back under my usual name, Advakus. I figured now would be a good time to become an active part of the community that I've so adored for such a long time. Maybe this isn't the right forum section to post this in, in which case, my bad! You can delete it if it's not categorized properly. My organizational skills are.. Not very impressive.

Anyways, a little bit about myself?
Well, I try to be kind and fun-loving, even though I keep to myself most of the time, I can be coaxed to come out of my proverbial shell and talk every now and again too.

I'm a bit of a Team Fortress guru - but I hate to toot my own horn. I've played competitively for a couple years now, first in TFC and now in TF2.
I've more or less taken an unofficial retirement from the competitive scene though, as my skills are in a bit of decline and I don't have quite enough time to keep up with everyone else these days.

But nonetheless my knowledge on the subject is still ever-present and I'd love to talk turkey with anybody concerning game balance and competitive strategies and the like. Questions on Six versus Six league play? Highlander? You name it, I've got the experience and I'd love to contribute to the community.

I love to help others, and I despise people that bash new players solely for being new. Everybody starts somewhere, fullstop.

Well, I think that's it for now! You can hit up my steam profile and add me to your friends list any time! I'm more than willing to make a few new friends and talk about absolutely anything (within reason, of course. I won't plot murder with you. [.. Or will I?]) with absolutely anybody!

The most loving of regards,
Advakus.

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited August 2010
    Welcome! It's so cool that you've known us for years and then stumbled into our TF2 server. That's gotta be a sign :p
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited August 2010
    Welcome to IC! We gather on Wed nights on the IC server (rad.icrontic.com) for what we lovingly call The League Of Extraordinary Icrontians. Plan your Wednesdays around it, it's a good time, every time.

Also we are getting a group of us together for a Highlander tournament so any and all strategies / words of wisdom on Highlander play would be greatly appreciated.

-Digi
  • AdvakusAdvakus Nova Scotia, Canada
    edited August 2010
    Thanks for the warm welcomes, guys.
    I'll be sure to pop in tomorrow night, but I plan to be around pretty much every night for at least an hour! My celebrity-status (Hah!) schedule can flex just a little bit. After all, it's for IC. ;)
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited August 2010
    Welcome to the cool club. Your decoder ring will arrive by post.
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    edited August 2010
    Welcome to Icrontic! We're pretty great.
  • SirCandleSirCandle New Haven
    edited August 2010
    I look forward to airblasting you soon.
  • _vRz__vRz_ Toronto
    edited August 2010
    Welcome to Icrontic!!! Hope to see you on the serv more often. Slay ya later ;)
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited August 2010
    What a proper introduction. Welcome, sir. Glad to make your acquaintance.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited August 2010
    :cheers2:
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited August 2010
    Welcome home!
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited August 2010
    Advakus, I was there when you found the TF2 server. Your story made the hair on the back of my neck stand up, a small tear form, and a put a big smile on my face.

Welcome to IC! You are a blast to play with!

what classes do you normally play?
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited August 2010
    The only thing that can make you cooler is adding yourself to our Folding@ home team!
  • ZanthianZanthian Mitey Worrier Icrontian
    edited August 2010
    Welcome Advakus! Nice introduction. This is a great group of people to hang out with on the internet.
  • AdvakusAdvakus Nova Scotia, Canada
    edited August 2010
    Advakus, I was there when you found the TF2 server. Your story made the hair on the back of my neck stand up, a small tear form, and a put a big smile on my face.

Welcome to IC! You are a blast to play with!

what classes do you normally play?

Thanks!
    Well, I mained Heavy when I played in the leagues, and I've been known to go Medic when the time calls for it. But lately I just play whatever seems to suit the mood. I'm fairly proficient with just about anything. Except sniper. Haha.