ETF2L Highlander Community Challenge

Comments

• TiberiusLazarusTiberiusLazarus Icrontian
    edited August 2010
    Koreish wrote:
    heh heh

(juvenile)

Funny thing, that's what I first typed it.
  • PacifistoPacifisto Turnip Extraordinaire Michigan Icrontian
    edited August 2010
    Funny thing, that's what I first typed it.

Funny thing, it's still there (not your most recent message, further up)
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited August 2010
    I'm home / on the server if anyone wants to jump on the server and help me figure out how to load cfg files.

Did the config files make it on the server?

[edit] My DSL is being flaky Goodnight all.

-Digi
  • Foxy-KFoxy-K Frostbite Falls
    edited August 2010
    I'm here!!!!!!

I've been having lots of sex lately, not able to get on much. But I can definitely play. Will check PMs now ._.;;
    edited August 2010
    Dear Team,

I have flooded your inbox (with Love of coarse). You have some readin' to do!

-Digi
    edited September 2010
    Mr Quady has informed me that he has to step down as a backup for us, again guys, no lynching please.

We still have 13 members, a strong team. If you have anyone out there that is interested in dedicating a couple Sundays and getting a Medal of Honor, point them here.

I invite you to come practice your Class tonight at LOEI and hope to see you tomorrow for the Scrimmage!

-Digi
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    edited September 2010
    Sorry guys, gotta write a paper, but I'll join up if I get done soon enough.
  • ScratchScratch Florida, USA
    edited September 2010
    Life called last minute and I probably won't be able to make it tonight. There's a slim chance I'll be back in time, but don't expect it.

I'll still be able to make every Sunday practice, though.

EDIT: NEVERMIND! I CAN MAKE IT
    edited September 2010
    Thanks for letting us know Beartato, Hope all is well.

-Digi
    edited September 2010
    That. Was. Amazing.

Holy balls that was fun. Since this is a newb tourny I honestly think we have a chance of winning a couple games and advancing.

Thank you to everyone that was there tonight. It went very well. I've still got a couple more commands to memorize and I need to figure out how to reset without restarting to load the configs after we execute them. I'll hop on some time when there in no one on the server and play with it a bit more.

Also: 100th post in this thread!

Thank you all again for participating. I can't wait til Sunday now!

-Digi
    edited September 2010
    Hi guys. I came to the realization that ETF2L has oddly enough pointed my profile to some random dudes profile. I verified that I put in the correct Steam ID, and I did. It just links to some other yahoo in my profile. I am in the process of trying to get a hold of someone there to help with that. In the mean time I am going to set Preacher and Zebbie as admins on the team just in case I get disqualified, it doesn't ruin the whole team. (Website is throwing bad gateways right now, will make change asap)

Of note as I just figured this out during practice yesterday if you change your load out in between offense/defense or vice versa, touch the supply cabnet to update your load out in game.

I met another team admin while trying to get a hold of an Admin in the ETF2L IRC who confirmed for me that there has been no contact from the peeps who are running this operation on setting up the first round (we were supposed to be in a group Aug 29th and submit our 1st game time/place before Sep 5th). It seems to be because they got way more teams then they expected. I'll continue to keep an eye out for updates and keep you guys updated. No guarantee on the dates now though. I would like to continue to have practice Sundays and Thursdays.

I forgot that this Sunday was right in the middle of a three day weekend so if you got something planned, be safe and we will see you on the flip side. If you can make it...

LOEI:H Practice, Sunday September 5th 2pm EST, 1PM CST, 11AM PDT. Freight, Gravelpit and Upward.

We will start with one round on each and do another if there are enough peeps up for it.

-Digi

PS 1000th Pooooooooooooooost!
    edited September 2010
    Well crap I put my ID in wrong, 0:1:.... not 0:0:... don't know how the hell I did that. An admin fixed it for me. Doesn't look like it will effect the team :D

-Digi
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited September 2010
    Can nubs join to scrim against you? If I'm around then, it might be nice to have some IC TF2, even Highlander style...
  • ScratchScratch Florida, USA
    edited September 2010
    Snarkasm, that's how we handled Thursday's practice, however, I think we're looking to start scrimmaging against other highlander teams.

There's always Wednesdays!

Bobby, I don't know how seriously you want to take this, but if you want to evaluate the strategy of the teams we practice against, you could set up a SourceTV client on the server to record a demo. Personal demos only record the players and actions in your immediate area and from your perspective, while SourceTV demos record everything from everyone's perspective, meaning you can watch it in the same way you would spectate a normal game. The only snag is you need someone with FTP or RDC or whatever access to get the .dem from the server.
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    edited September 2010
    Sorry about today, ended up sleeping till 3 :S
    edited September 2010
    No worries, only 6 or so of us showed up at a time. I was not in the best spirits (read: hung over) so I didn't add much. I'm going to try to find a team to scrimmage against Thursday night. I need 9 of us to say they can be there.

-Digi
    edited September 2010
    4 players (including myself) are confirmed in for Thursday, can anyone else make it? (See your PM Inbox for details)

-Digi
  • PreacherPreacher Potomac, MD Icrontian
    edited September 2010
    In. Rex will not be able to play that late though.
  • RexxarRexxar Maryland Icrontian
    edited September 2010
    So am I still playing spy?
    edited September 2010
    Rex: You are indeed starting Spy for the official first game, which at this point doesn't look like it will be this weekend as originally announced.

I'm keepin' my eye on the etf2l.org website for any further news. They received 6 times as many sign ups as originally planned, so it's taking some time to weed out the teams that did not qualify (to many/little players, not correct amount of "Buddys") and get us all into our first round groups.

I'll be on it as soon as they give us more information. As for tomorrow, if three more players are in, I'll find us someone to play against. And of coarse don't forget League tonight!

-Digi
    edited September 2010
    Some more info:

League of Extraordinary Icrontians listing on ETF2L: http://etf2l.org/teams/11544/

List of all teams: http://etf2l.org/high/teams/

I've got a post up on the ETF2L forums looking for a team to scrim against. We've got 7 players in, Just 2 more?

-Digi
  • Foxy-KFoxy-K Frostbite Falls
    edited September 2010
    Do I have to do anything on ETF2L sign-up-wise? I'm honestly in this for the in-game medals (and playing with you guys, but yeah)

It looks like you get registered as part of a team but I don't know how Bobby could have done that without my email or steamid.
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited September 2010
    I won't be able to make practice tomorrow night, my apologies.
    edited September 2010
    Foxy K wrote:
    Do I have to do anything on ETF2L sign-up-wise? I'm honestly in this for the in-game medals (and playing with you guys, but yeah)

It looks like you get registered as part of a team but I don't know how Bobby could have done that without my email or steamid.

Yes you need to sign up, assign your Steam ID to your ETF2L account and then let me know so I can add you to the team.

_K_ is not you.

-Digi
    edited September 2010
    We've got at least 8 for tomorrow, if a turnip shows up we'll have 9.

I really am trying to find a team to play against but they don't make it very easy unless we sign up for the Ladder.

I'll keep trying!

-Digi
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited September 2010
    Why not sign up for the ladder then?
    edited September 2010
    If that is the wish of the team. Tourney rules are a bit different. Would put us needing people dedicating two days out of the week once the tourney starts.

http://etf2l.org/ladder/ You guys take a look and let me know what you think.

-Digi
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    edited September 2010
    As long as games aren't on Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday I can climb the ladder all day if you need me to.
  • PacifistoPacifisto Turnip Extraordinaire Michigan Icrontian
    edited September 2010
    Error and I are in if it's 9PM Central. If it's 9PM Pacific no dice.
    edited September 2010
    Sorry for any confusion, trying to get a response from other leaders is turning into a chore. I'm hoping the scrimmage will be tonight 9pm CST (10 EST, 7 PST)

If the other team shows up on time it should be no longer then an hour.

If I can not get a team, we'll try to fill the server with pubs and see if we can pull off a couple rounds.

I'll keep the thread here posted.

Also new topic: Profile pics. I've been watching some tournament play vids and other then these guys being ridiculously good I noticed that they look pretty slick with all of their profile pics set to the same image. So I call to our artfully talented team members (or forum members); can you make us a sweet LOEI avatar for us to wear during games?

-Digi