Official Icrontic Minecraft Server

ThraxThrax 🐌Austin, TX Icrontian
edited May 2011 in Minecraft
WHAT THE HELL IS MINECRAFT?:

SERVER LOCATION:
minecraft.ardichoke.info:25565
PLEASE NOTE: The server goes down for backup at noon EST every day. It is usually available otherwise
World file backups: http://minecraft.ardichoke.info/backups
Backups are retained for a period of 10 days.

SERVER RULES:
  1. DO NOT DAMAGE, MODIFY OR OTHERWISE ALTER OTHER PEOPLE'S CREATIONS WITHOUT PERMISSION. THEY TAKE HOURS AND DAYS TO BUILD.
  2. Please be conscientious of the direction you are tunneling (use the /compass command) and be sure that you are not inadvertently tunneling into someone's subterranean creation (SEE RULE 1).
  3. Read the list of Qualifications and Consequences BEFORE requesting to be added

USEFUL COMMANDS (PRESS "T" TO OPEN CHAT):

/list & /who (currently out of commission due to plugin badness, will return eventually)
/sethome (sets your home point)
/home (warp to your home point)
/lwc (allows you to protect/unprotect your chests, furnaces, etc.)

THINGS TO DO BEFORE JOINING (AKA, OMFG WTF AM I DOING HALP):
  1. Beginner's Guide to Minecraft
  2. How To Craft Items
  3. Types of Items In Minecraft

THINGS TO DO AFTER JOINING:
  1. MAKE THE GAME LESS UGLY: Doku's RPG Texture Pack or Painterly Texture Pack
  2. Visit the Skindex and change your player model in the Minecraft.net preferences panel.

OPs and Admins:
The following people have OPs in game. They can whitelist people, ban people, roll back griefers using logblock, etc.
  1. CB
  2. Snarkasm

The following have admin access to the server to do updates, restart the server, etc.
  1. Snarkasm

In the event of an emergency, if the above are not available, try contacting ardichoke. This should be a last resort as he's a dick. :P

KNOWN ISSUES WITH THE SERVER:

Comments

• pragtasticpragtastic Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    Sabotage! :( You know who you are.
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    If you mess with Pragland, you mess with me. Bring it, suckahs.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    The floating gardens are almost finished. All I have yet to do is figure out if there is any way to transplant reeds (so far, I don't think there is), and add some non-plant decorative items.
  • PacifistoPacifisto Turnip Extraordinaire Michigan Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    If by transplant reeds you simply mean put them down somewhere, you can do it. They have to be next to water though.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    pragtastic wrote:
    Sabotage! :( You know who you are.

What happened to Pragland? :(

I wish we could build security cameras in this game.

Can we impose a new rule? How about not spawning millions of blocks of TNT, letting all players get their hands on the stuff, and then said players nuking the crap out of my front yard.

inb4 stop whining about this already. No.

I don't care if TNT is being spawned and used. We need it for mining, after all. However, players need to stop being reckless with it "just for the sake of experimenting". There is ENDLESS WORLD out there for you to nuke. Don't use the mainland as an area to create craters everywhere. That crap is inconsiderate and it totally sucks. The landscape looks awful now.
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    UPSLynx wrote:

Dear President Truman,

There is ENDLESS WORLD out there for you to nuke. Don't use the mainland as an area to create craters everywhere. That crap is inconsiderate and it totally sucks. The landscape looks awful now.

Love,
    Emperor Hirohito

Plagiarism is a crime Bobby :shakehead.
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    Pragland really needs a warp :)
    edited October 2010
    Distaster strikes 11:46 Central time on Icrontic Minecraft server.

Hometree has burned to the ground.

We are sad.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    Thrax says "WHAT A DICK"
  • MyrmidonMyrmidon Baron von Puttenham California Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    Distaster strikes 11:46 Central time on Icrontic Minecraft server.

Hometree has burned to the ground.

We are sad.

WUT

I didn't even get to see it. :(
    edited October 2010
    Colosseum ala CannonFodder
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    Canti wrote:
    Plagiarism is a crime Bobby :shakehead.
    Laughed until I coughed.
    edited October 2010
    Saturday night was long. Very long.

So here's the deal. I finally built a home for myself. After helping with Fort Fazran and Castle Icrontic, I decided I needed something better than the UPSLynx Pwnymid to hang my hat. I scoped the land, and I found a nice little peninsula West of Castle Icrontic and South of Kingpin's land.

I began to build.

As I built, I noticed on a very small island just a handful of meters off the edge of my peninsula, there was a tree. Oh, it was a grand tree, brilliant in majesty, enormous in size. For lulz, I named it Home Tree, after you-know-what.

Myrmidon discovered that we could grow trees on top of trees. We grew Home Tree to epic proportions. It pierced the clouds, and almost connected my home to our new skynetwork travel system. The entire tree was climbable. It was grand, it was beautiful, it was doomed.

LynxHouseandtree.jpg

That is my home on the left, and the massive tree, growing its sixth layer, on the right.

I spent three real-world days building this tree. Last night at 11:46 CST, while attempting to place a torch to illuminate my workspace, I pulled out my flint and steel by accident, and lit Home Tree on fire from the top.

The moment I saw flame emerge on a leaf, I knew that was the end. One flame block turned into three, and three turned into 12. I jumped off, mouth hanging open. Nearly everyone on the server could see the thing, it was a massive torch, quickly burning to the ground. Here's how the scene looked:

<object height="385" width="480">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/91tthlJzg5I?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="385" width="480"></object>

I ragequit. I drove away. I couldn't take it, I was so flustered. I bought a 40 at 7 Eleven because it made me LOL, and I felt a little better. About 20 minutes later, I came back and rejoined to find that the players on the server helped kill all the lingering flames and re-plant some of the saplings. I was humbled by the help and concern. It's truly a great meaning of community.

Reconstruction is underway. It's going to take awhile, but man. What a fail.

And it was 100% my fault.
  • pragtasticpragtastic Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    Such a sad, sad moment bobby. I swear the whole server stopped in its tracks and watched in disbelief.
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    Let this be a lesson to all of ye, there is nothing permanent. The gods of minecraft giveth and they taketh away. Mere mortals cannot sway their omniscient minds.
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    edited October 2010
    My project for the day:

Build a map of Skynet.

edit: Up is South.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    Someone pls post dynamite fraps.
    edited October 2010
    I'll get it uploading.
    edited October 2010
    <object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zSklLAwn2ZQ?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zSklLAwn2ZQ?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
  • BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    Fantastic! Loving the game so far. Oh, Lynx, what have you gotten me into?

Also, thanks Thrax for the whitelist, and everything else you've done to get Minecraft going for us.
  • the_technocratthe_technocrat IC-MotY1 Indy Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    My project for the day:

Build a map of Skynet.

edit: Up is South.

Oh, I'm not as far out as I thought... nice. Or not to scale?
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    I am the "tower?"
  • the_technocratthe_technocrat IC-MotY1 Indy Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    I'm the "Enterprise"? That's a natural rock outcropping :)
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    Im on the server as Aconradwc3, FYI.
    edited October 2010
    Yes we all know, we saw you dickin' around.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    shwaip wrote:
    That was lulzy. I didn't even need audio to laugh at his futile attempt to water the fire then beat it with a destruco-hammer.

I got it today, same name. Will dick around later. If you would like, I could install it on my server (that has nearly 100% uptime) and make whoever admins.
    edited October 2010
    I made some large chest at my base community prop., they are marked what is in them and community underneath. There is currently one marked private, you get the idea with my signs. Currently there is only dirt and gravel, more will be coming shortly so if you aren't sure what I have ask and I will look for you. Please for the love of Christ(Thrax) don't stick junk in my trunks.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    The floating garden / greenhouse is almost complete. I need some help to overcome the lack of buckets. I need a water feature up there, but without a working bucket, I need it to be spawned for me, so next time Thrax and I are on the server at the same time, the garden will get its finishing touches.

Also, I just noted that anyone with with the skin that makes the glass look like cross hatched wood, will likely not find the garden to be as attractive.

Also note that, other than the water I need Thrax to spawn for me, all of my materials and display items were gathered and/or manufactured without material spawn cheats. :D
  • TiberiusLazarusTiberiusLazarus Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    Good to know CB. I'm glad there is somewhere on the server that was built only from self mined materials. Too bad there isn't anything else like that around. People these days are so lazy. Glad we have a shining star to follow.
This discussion has been closed.