Join the 'Icrontimondo' team on Endomondo!

Comments

• the_technocratthe_technocrat IC-MotY1 Indy Icrontian
    edited August 2010
    :D
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited August 2010
    When I first started to run and get in shape, I was only able to do it because I had a group of 5 or 6 friends that would go with me to the gym every night. I would have never made it on my own. The competition and camaraderie made all the difference.

It is difficult for me to do that now being so far removed from all of my friends. Fortunately, working out is something I do by habit and out of fun these days. But using Endomondo while I run reminds me of what it was like in those early days. Knowing that a friend is also pushing themselves physically and seeing them dish out a little smack talk or a ^5 on the web gets me pumped up and makes me want to work harder.

So I'm hoping everyone that struggles to work out by themselves finds solace in working out with Icrontic over the web. This could be an excellent opportunity for all of us.

Good to have so many aboard! (again, I promise I'll be back on the train when I go back to Orange to fetch my running gear from Ghoosdum's place)
  • WagsFTWWagsFTW Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
    edited August 2010
    Oh no! I just went running/walking 4 miles and can't update because Endomondo is down temporarily.... NO!!!
    edited August 2010
    You broke it! (your workout will upload when they come back up)
    edited August 2010
    site's back, the queued workouts on my iPhone just uploaded automatically :)

Apparently you can manually send the workouts in on BB, and switch between manual and automatic on Droid
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited August 2010
    Oh man, I should have joined a couple weeks ago. I've been going on epic mountain biking trips and hikes, but now I'm going to be a lazy tourist for a couple weeks.
  • RexxarRexxar Maryland Icrontian
    edited August 2010
    Does Cross Country practice count in all of this? (:
    edited August 2010
    Rexxar wrote:
    Does Cross Country practice count in all of this? (:

sure, why not?
  • edited September 2010
    stupid software didn't record the distance for the first 5 minutes of my run this morning... kind of agrivating...good run though.
    edited September 2010
    skryking wrote:
    stupid software didn't record the distance for the first 5 minutes of my run this morning... kind of agrivating...good run though.

suuuuuuure... ;)

You can always trace your route and input your time if that happens, and if the data is important to you. I've never had it happen, but who knows.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited September 2010
    Just now saw this and joined up. I've been looking for a good workout tracker, and having friends on it is a sweet bonus.

It seems pretty focused on 'distance' sports, though, especially in the smart-phone app. It doesn't even let you pick a workout that isn't travel oriented. The website has a few for manual entry, but doesn't have my sport listed (it has handball and squash, but no racquetball), so you'll proly see me doing a lot of "other" workouts.

It would be sweet if it was compatible with my heart-rate monitor, but mine is RF, not bluetooth, so it can't interact with my phone.
    edited September 2010
    CB wrote:
    Just now saw this and joined up. I've been looking for a good workout tracker, and having friends on it is a sweet bonus.

It seems pretty focused on 'distance' sports, though, especially in the smart-phone app. It doesn't even let you pick a workout that isn't travel oriented. The website has a few for manual entry, but doesn't have my sport listed (it has handball and squash, but no racquetball), so you'll proly see me doing a lot of "other" workouts.

It would be sweet if it was compatible with my heart-rate monitor, but mine is RF, not bluetooth, so it can't interact with my phone.

I have a friend that uses a Garmin watch, he just uploads the data file afterwards.
    edited October 2010
    In. I ride my bike to school all the time to balance out my numerous vices. I might as well get to quantifyin'
    edited October 2010
    BTW, you all may want to check your privacy settings for the option on who can see your map data. The default setting lets the whole Internet see where you live (assuming you start workouts from your house, natch).
    edited October 2010
    Garg,

Thanks for pointing out the privacy settings! :)
    edited October 2010
    Yup! Gotta be careful of those GPS coords
    edited November 2010
    endomondo website has been updated. A lot. Looks pretty good, if not a little cluttered.
    edited November 2010
    I dig the charts on the left side bar, but the rest looks a bit naked. Not sure why there's an empty white bar next to the workout feed. We'll probably see some more tweaks in the future, though.

Workout maps are nicer now, but they still lack one feature that the visualization geek in me would totally dig: the bottom chart shows speed over time, but it'd be awesome if I could link a click in the chart and see the corresponding place in time on the map (and vice-versa).
    edited November 2010
    Attention! New Icrontimondo workout for November!

<iframe src="http://www.endomondo.com/embed/challenge?c=ovGgMuIrjx8&user=359277&width=500&height=500&quot; width="500" height="500" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited November 2010
    Man, the new site interface is terrible.
    edited November 2010
    I'm not too much of a fan, either.
    edited November 2010
    tumblrkycms0dnmc1qzpwi0o1500.png
    edited November 2010
    I am (humbly) destroying you all in the latest challenge because getting to campus 5 days a week involves a "workout" each way. Out of curiosity, how many of you all live close enough to work that you could walk or ride a bike (or do so in combination with public transit)?
    edited November 2010
    Sadly, being unemployed and going to school online, there is no commute. I guess I could jumprope between assignments ;)
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited November 2010
    Unfortunately my suburb has no connection to public transit. Cincinnati is a pretty bad city for public transit anyway. When I was living in Milford, and going to school downtown, I figured out that I could take the bus, but it would include a half-hour walk followed by a 4 hour series of bus transfers.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited November 2010
    I'm a six minute drive to work. I could take the bus, but it's easier and more cost effective to drive that distance.

I'd ride my bike to work, but in California, you have to get a license for your bike o.O

We all know how well license obtaining is going for me with my truck....
    edited November 2010
    UPSLynx wrote:
    I'd ride my bike to work, but in California, you have to get a license for your bike o.O

That's nuts! I figured CA was the last place that would throw up barriers for switching to biking.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited November 2010
    UPSLynx wrote:

I had no idea you needed a license to ride your bike to work here! Somehow, I doubt there's much enforcement around that. ;)
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited November 2010
    joined. prepare to be destroyed!
    edited November 2010
    :)