edited November 2009
    Yet another reason to game on PC.
  • lordbeanlordbean Ontario, Canada
    edited November 2009
    I game on a modified PC, yo.

... oh wait.
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian
    edited November 2009
    This will only work until the Modders figure out how to update their mods so they don't leave a signature on the network.

It's a constant arms race.
  • edited November 2009
    PWNED.
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    edited November 2009
    I see nothing wrong with this. It's in the terms of XBox Live that everyone signing up for the service agrees to... If you chose to ignore the rules then you get the banhammer...
  • BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    edited November 2009
    Hopefully people that have modded their 360's have had the foresight to know something like this would happen. I'd hate to lose access to my LIVE Arcade collection.

But then again, my 360 isn't modded. Gooooo team "plain vanilla"!
  • edited November 2009
    My 360 is modded, but I haven't connected to xbl in a couple months... I think this may cause that hiatus to go a bit longer.
  • edited November 2009
    I my friends have a brain, I have had my xbox modded for years and play on xbox live everynight. Ive downloaded and copied over 70 games, laugh in microsofts face everyday. People get banned because they dont understand how it works and quite frankly they are total Idiots.

How am i so successful, because i dont give a flying f**k

Add me online : gamertag - ScottMclean1990

Thats just how confident I f**kin am.

Have fun playing outside.
  • edited November 2009
    Just to clarifiy:

You won't lose access to anything that you've purchased on LIVE.

Microsoft only bans your console, I.E. it's specific ID. You can always buy a new one and transfer your existing LIVE account to it.
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    edited November 2009
    Thank you for the clarification, RandomGuy. I've heard that this is true as well.

I did also hear though that some people may have had problems with recovering all of their data from Xbox Live, which is why I held off on confirming whether or not the account was safe.
  • edited November 2009
    Be legit you cheap asses xbox live is the future offering so much to gamers for £40 a year its a bargain
  • photodudephotodude Salt Lake, Utah Member
    edited November 2009
    wow a flood of $40 linux boxes ;-) and who knows maybe someday microsoft will soften up on this....
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    edited November 2009
    photodude wrote:
    wow a flood of $40 linux boxes ;-) and who knows maybe someday microsoft will soften up on this....

There are some sites online that are claiming that there's a way that you can unban your Xbox, involving some shenanigans and access to an unbanned box. I thought about posting an article about it, but I figure Microsoft is in the right here, so I haven't. I sympathize with those that had their consoles banned, but they did break the rules.
  • edited November 2010
    Dear Sir

my modified 360 does not start playing some DVD games and when i put the DVD,It shows xbox logo.While i play some other games.
    Is that a region code problem?
    Is there any update to enable it playing?
    Recently I bought two DVD of Black Ops of free and NTSC but none of them doesnot play and after i push A button,It shows the logo.
    Please help me.I'm confused.
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited November 2010
    So am I.
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    edited November 2010
    How am i so successful, because i dont give a flying f**k

So by not caring your XBox remains undetected.

Cool story.
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    edited November 2010
    Ryan wrote:
    Be legit you cheap asses xbox live is the future offering so much to gamers for £40 a year its a bargain

Steam for PCs is free, and for almost all PC games there is free use of the internet... PC ftw.