AMD Phenom II x6 1100T review

mertesnmertesn I am Bobby MillerYukon, OK Icrontian
edited December 2010 in Science & Tech

Comments

• shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    Seems like a nice upgrade if you have an AM3 system that could use a better processor. Don't know if I'd take it over the now cheaper 1090T, though.
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    If I had to choose, I'd take the 1090T and bump the multiplier. You'd save about $35 and could easily achieve the 1100T's performance.
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    I've heard the 1100T's are better overclockers than the previous batches of chips. If that's the case, there might be reason to go with the newer chip... you know... if you're into that sort of thing.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    Maybe. They're the same E0 stepping as all Thubans, but they're probably from a better bin, given their clockspeed.
  • Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    I just upgraded to the 1055t purchased in an OEM package delivering 95W TDP. I'm really interested in balance these days, I want performance, but I will sacrifice a little for gained efficiency and system reliability.

That chip delivers, BIG TIME! Six core performance, and no matter how hard I try, Prime 95, Overdrive torture tests, 3D mark loops, you name it, I can not load the cores past 29 Centigrade on a cheap Cooler Master TX3 (and I idle right around room temp). I'm just starting to play with over-clocks, not so much because I need the extra performance, but just because I can. When I get a chance to get something stable I'll let everyone know, but as far as efficiency and thermals go, the 1055t rated for 95W TDP is pure magic if you can sacrifice a tiny bit of performance.