League of Extraordinary Icrontians

Comments

• fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited November 2010
    I just ignore the hat trade shit.

Showed my dominance with a 100 point round, even with the old shitty weapons I still own face muahahahahahaha
  • MyrmidonMyrmidon Baron von Puttenham California Icrontian
    edited November 2010
    BobbyDigi wrote:
    They were trolls Doc (Formerly Beartato) and I figured out they were on each others friends list...

You said "Doc" and I got excited - I thought you meant the REAL Doc. BUT IT IS AN IMPOSTOR.
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    edited November 2010
    Heh, I don't think the League is disbanded, and true the game has changed, but I still love it. (I usually tell the trade-whores to go to a trade server when they start to piss me off.) We just need people to show up. Sorry about missing tonight, got distracted watching youtube with my brother and before I knew it it was 11:30 and no one was on.
  • ScratchScratch Florida, USA
    edited November 2010
    The Mann-conomy update has played out just like any of the 7 class updates we've seen so far. Players want to use the new content, so the game gets annoying for a couple weeks and then it drops off dramatically as they get their fill.

The trading chat hardly exists anymore. The newness of the trading system has worn off and people who want to invest the time to trade their way up from a football helmet to an unusual modest pile with sunbeams have realized that marketing to a server of 24 is pointless when websites allow you to reach several thousand.

In the last couple weeks, the most hat chat I've encountered is the odd "Does anyone want to trade?" in text chat.
    I'll be perfectly honest, Bobby; since TF2 became [Class] Fortress 2, it's lost some appeal to me; I swear, people play differently now because of the [new weapons] and crap.
    I don't mean to be snarky, but I want to illustrate my point. This is (almost verbatim) what has filled SPUF after each major update.

If you're still being badgered about your medal, try contacting DrunkenF00l. His website hosts the list of medal owners and he is pretty reasonable. I'm sure he will remove your name if you ask.
  • PreacherPreacher Potomac, MD Icrontian
    edited November 2010
    Great to see fatcat back even if it includes hysterical laughing/taunting and crit-fire on my ass. It would be even nicer to feel backstabs or ride teles from prime as well. Although prime, I don't remember you playing much even before the hat madness. You and the little prime spawn are missed. It's been great to see the old and the new IC TF2ers coming back over the last couple weeks. It'd be great if we could entice more back over to the dark side.

I like the hats actually as it reinvigorates the game, changes/updates stale content, and gets new people into the mix. Of course, there is a cost and that is people more focused on the style than the substance. The substance though has continued to improve. People play differently, because of the changed items and stats. While annoying, hat madness has gotten better and people are learning "hat etiquette."
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited November 2010
    I've got a backstab for you.

(the backstab is a rocket)
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited November 2010
    I stopped playing right around the time of the Engineer update (ironic, I know.)

I tried playing again during the beginnings of the hat madness, and that was the nail in the coffin.

I'm sure I'll play again, I have over five hundred hours invested into the game, it's a part of my life at this point. To be honest, other than PvZ and re-playing Chrono Trigger on my DS, I haven't been gaming at all.
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited November 2010
    Mmmm... Chrono Trigger on the DS.... I need to finish that still =/
  • ScratchScratch Florida, USA
    edited November 2010
    I tried playing again during the beginnings of the hat madness, and that was the nail in the coffin.
    You realize that this was a terrible mistake, right? Its like assuming the game will forever be 100% pyros, based on the week following the pyro update.

Speaking of pyros, this past LEOI was the first time I've played with fatcat. I have never had so much trouble with a backburner pyro. Guy comes out of NOWHERE.
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited November 2010
    Beartato wrote:
    Speaking of pyros, this past LEOI was the first time I've played with fatcat. I have never had so much trouble with a backburner pyro. Guy comes out of NOWHERE.

This comes from years of working in the postal service ;D
  • BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    edited November 2010
    The weird thing is, I often times play without a hat equipped. Granted I don't have a lot so maybe I prefer default headwear because it looks better than any in my motly collection... but a lot ofthe characters look "off" to me in any other hat. Especially Scout, who if I remember correctly loses his headset when he wears a hat. The headset makes the guy. Without it, he's just another douchebag character who fights with a bat.
  • SpencerForHireSpencerForHire Clawson, MI
    edited November 2010
    Bandrik wrote:
    The weird thing is, I often times play without a hat equipped. Granted I don't have a lot so maybe I prefer default headwear because it looks better than any in my motly collection... but a lot ofthe characters look "off" to me in any other hat. Especially Scout, who if I remember correctly loses his headset when he wears a hat. The headset makes the guy. Without it, he's just another douchebag character who fights with a bat.

Hey, it was really hard to find a headset that matched and was affordable. You jerk.
    edited December 2010
    30 minute reminder. Let's get some people in TF2 tonight! :D
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    I did mention on Minecraft next week that I was in for LoEI no matter what this week. I am, however, still without internet in the new apartment. I -might- have it hooked up tomorrow, I might not. It's up to Comcast and whether or not they feel like giving me the service I'm paying for. If I have it hooked up, I'm in.

Anyone who played Minecraft with me briefly Monday night knows how crappy and unreliable my *ahem* borrowed connection is. I won't even be able to bother with TF2 on it.
    edited December 2010
    UPSLynx wrote:
    I did mention on Minecraft next week that I was in for LoEI no matter what this week. I am, however, still without internet in the new apartment.

You have a laptop, right? I remember you acquired it because of your job, but if you have the rights to install games on it, why not take the laptop to a local place that has free wi-fi? I mean, let's get real, you're in technoland, there should be hipster lounges and cafes everywhere with that stuff.

If you aren't allowed to install games (and you can't write them off as "testing, screenshot, and benchmarking purposes"), then.... weaksauce.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    Gentlemen...
    edited December 2010
    All right chums, let's do this! TF2 PARTY!!
    edited December 2010
    Tried for about 30 min. Got 4 peeps inc me. Minecraft.

-Digi
    edited December 2010
    Yeah... LoEI was a bit of a bust today. Just 4 of us, pretty lonely. I hope we get more people next week, but interest in TF2 is waning drastically. At it's not fully Minecraft's fault either, there was only a few people in MC tonight that played TF2 often.
  • PacifistoPacifisto Turnip Extraordinaire Michigan Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    I know Error and I were watching a movie. Missed it completely :(
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    Sorry, got home and crashed, nothin personal, just wiped from finals.
  • SirCandleSirCandle New Haven
    edited December 2010
    I was heavily invested in a game of Civ IV. I'll make it next week for sure.
  • _vRz__vRz_ Toronto
    edited December 2010
    Bahahha Civ 5 is addicting eh? I think i'm addicted to Killing Floor. Oh noes.

I didn't see anyone on last night? Did people show?
  • SirCandleSirCandle New Haven
    edited December 2010
    Civ IV
  • _vRz__vRz_ Toronto
    edited December 2010
    Oooooops! Fayul. *sigh*
  • PreacherPreacher Potomac, MD Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    I am combined fail, disappoint, saddened, and remiss....I have missed LoEI. Wed nights are tough for me though. I much prefer weekends.
  • _vRz__vRz_ Toronto
    edited December 2010
    FAYUL! TROLLING PREACHER! lol Yeah we should vote on a preferred night! That way every is on! Objections?
    edited December 2010
    A time change eh? The original idea of LOEI was to simply set a time to play. If you can make it, great. If not, maybe next time. Any given night there will be some people that simply can not make it. It seems now that the majority can not make Wednesday nights. Maybe a vote for a new night is in order. I would only propose that we ait on the vote until after the new year as everyone is going to have stuff to do the next 4ish weekends.

-Digi
  • _vRz__vRz_ Toronto
    edited December 2010
    Great suggestion! I agree. Orrrrrrrrrrrr we can set it every day!

It'll be like the sequel to SirCandle's Winter of Regret except - Icrontic....The Winter of Regret 2: The Neverending Sequel * DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNNN*
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    I think the issue is time and interest, so I fail to see how everyday play time would help people show up. I'm not trying to rain on your parade, but I imagine Digi's plan will have better fruits, or something like that