Goomba Stomp - Interest Gauge

Comments

• CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    ardichoke wrote:
    I love when Thrax waxes intellectual, pointing out the flaws in someones argument.... as long as its not mine, cuz then he's just a dickbag.

It's certainly more effective than how I try to prove a point.

600pxnosignsvg.png
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    The way you try and prove a point makes me LUL a lot more though.
  • edited December 2010
    Why don't we actually give it a try rather than just basing it off of text that Scratch wrote or videos we may have watched on YouTube? It's a lot more fun than you might think, and it's a lot less impacting on the end-game than you're making it sound. You all keep asking "What if?" and we can't give you specific answers because you'll (probably) just assume we're saying it to sweet talk you into accepting Goomba Stomping.

Scratch, Candle, and I play on 2fort2furious (which has goomba stomping) and it's a complete blast. Even if you die to a goomba stomp, it's not some infuriating situation, it's always something to laugh about. Judging from playing in Icrontic quite a bit, it seems like that's more what the server is about. If there are serious players, who are really raging behind their computers whenever they die, don't enable it. Whenever I play, I don't care who on my team dies... the more people that die, the less people there are to take kills from me. :)
  • SirCandleSirCandle New Haven
    edited December 2010
    Thrax wrote:
    I don't play TF2 at all
    Good point.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    SirCandle wrote:
    Good point.

Better point.
  • ScratchScratch Florida, USA
    edited December 2010
    SirCandle wrote:
    Good point.
    Not cool, man.
    edited December 2010
    BEST POINT
    knife.gif
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    I do play, and I agree with Lynx and Thraxy.
  • SirCandleSirCandle New Haven
    edited December 2010
    edited December 2010
    ardichoke wrote:
    BEST POINT
    knife.gif
    lbr5d.jpg

Alright, I get it.
    Its removed, never to be seen again~
  • edited December 2010
    Scratch wrote:
    Alright, I get it.
    Its removed, never to be seen again~
    That's unfortunate that a few people who don't even play much (or at least not on the IC server when I've been on) manage to ruin something that could have potentially been enjoyable...without ever having played it. :(
    edited December 2010
    It's unfortunate that someone who has posted once to the forums thinks their opinion is more important than the regulars who actually help pay for the server. There's plenty of other servers out there that have the mod installed if you want to play with it on.
    /neckbeardrage
  • edited December 2010
    I don't know where you read that I said my opinion is more than regulars, so thanks for trying to put words in my mouth. I also never said anything about me having to play on a server with it, I more just wanted to make a point that those who didn't approve of it didn't even give it a shot.

My point was simply that, without even trying it on the server, you declined it. And those who really made it their point to show their disinterest aren't really on the server all that often. Here I always assumed that, if you were paying for a server, you'd want to try some new things now and then to maybe make it popular and get your money's worth. It's not as if giving it a shot would have hurt your player base. A couple hours to test out what Scratch put many more hours of work into wouldn't have done any harm... Declining it after that test would have been completely understandable. Those who approved or disapproved after trying it, I have no problem with that.
  • edited December 2010
    ardichoke wrote:
    It's unfortunate that someone who has posted once to the forums thinks their opinion is more important than the regulars who actually help pay for the server. There's plenty of other servers out there that have the mod installed if you want to play with it on.
    /neckbeardrage
    Oh, and Scratch donated on behalf of both of us a few weeks ago, so....
  • BasilBasil Nubcaek England Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    i-like-where-this-thread-is-going.jpg

:shakehead
    edited December 2010
    umad.jpg?1260037695
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    I'm sensing the ignorance level escalating.
    edited December 2010
    ardichoke wrote:
    /neckbeardrage

It's also unfortunate that I am a regular who pays and who was interested in using this mod and it is now gone for good. Ardi, sorry to say this, but you don't play that much tf2, so I hardly see how your opinion is relevant in the case of the IC tf2 server.
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    Everybody needs to calm down. Internet dickfights are for jerks, not Icrontians.

Shall we put up a public poll and say for it/indifferent vs against? Ultimately, democracy always leaves somebody unhappy, but meh.
    edited December 2010
    Nope.avi

I deleted the plugin and the work I've done on it. When I said its never to be seen again, I meant exactly that.
  • PreacherPreacher Potomac, MD Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    Good call, Sir Snark, Deflowerer of Eastern Bloc Beauties. This is turning into a "dickfight." I vote for Goomba stomp.

A couple points...
    1. Kryptic AND Doc Scratch/Beartato may have just registered on the forums, but they have contributed monetarily to the servers and have played IC TF2 for months. They play regularly and are excellent players and overall great guys.
    2. As Cliff said, it's only a game AND the mod is an opt-in option. Nothing more democratic then that. Why not try for a month and then if it's bad delete it?
    3. Most of the original Icrontians have moved away from TF2 onto other things (which saddens me :(). However, there is a whole crew of great peeps (i.e. cola, the Turnips, Duck, Null, Doc Scratch, Kryptic, etc) that have joined and play often. In fact, Doc Scratch spent hours fixing the server when it died out of the goodness of his heart.

Icrontic means debate to me, but it doesn't mean erroneously questioning someone's opinion because they just registered nor does it mean telling good players to go elsewhere...especially when that person has actually proven to be a solid dude and the questioner rarely plays TF2.

Shall we put up a poll?!
    edited December 2010
    Consider me sad, Scratch and Kryptic. Thanks for your work, at least. For what it's worth, I counted 3 or 4 yay or indifferent vs 2 nays (unscientific, going off of memory, apologies for errors).

The drama here and with Minecraft is getting way out of control. They're games, everybody. Open minds, open hearts, try anything once, etc. When both players have to opt-in, I mean... sheez.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    I'm not thrilled with where this whole thing went. Scratch, I apologize on behalf of the IC community for telling you to create this thread. I didn't know it would turn into such a cluster.

People who don't play TF2, kindly bow out of offering your unsolicited opinions. Scratch represents the new guard of TF2 who have helped keep our server running for the rest of us, volunteering time and money. Those of us who quit playing months or years ago (I include myself in this group) shouldn't really be getting huffy about this mod.

Scratch, Kryptic, and the like aren't offering their opinions about what people do in WoW or Minecraft, and I think it's best if the opposite doesn't happen either.
    edited December 2010
    I'm sorry for my dickish post.... I am generally a dick though so did anyone expect anything less?

That said, I get a little annoyed when a 3-post wonder comes in and throws a temper tantrum because they didn't get their way. Yes, I don't play TF2 much lately, mostly because I'm not a big fan of dealing with the griefing and herpderpery that goes along with playing most games online. The only reason I play at all is because there is the Icrontic server which is usually more or less a devoid of that. I happen to be a purist who enjoys (in 99% of cases) playing the game as the developer intended, ie without gameplay effecting mods such as the one being discussed here. Were said mod to be installed it would kill what interest I had in playing TF2 on the Icrontic server. Silly? Perhaps.... but it's just how I am. Thus I felt justified voting on the topic, despite the fact that I rarely play.
    edited December 2010
    In talking to Preacher and Cola today, I have decided to re-do my work on the Goomba Stomp plugin.

There are far more regulars who want the plugin than those who don't, so I'm going to go test things out and get it working right now!

Hooray democracy!
    edited December 2010
    XD
    edited December 2010
    Democracy works... and it means I can free up 10GB of data on my laptop and desktop. Have fun jumping on each others heads.
  • edited December 2010
    Sorry.
    edited December 2010
    ardichoke wrote:
    Democracy works... and it means I can free up 10GB of data on my laptop and desktop. Have fun jumping on each others heads.
    Will do! :rockon:
    edited December 2010
    .... is anybody playing tonight?