Official Icrontic Minecraft Server

Comments

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    I came home today to my 6 y/o "Daddy, Daddy EEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Guess what!?!?!?!"

Me "What?"

"I found Squid!"

She had found a group of about 7 of them in a lake by her spawn. It made her day.

-Digi
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    <iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/va1-JK3pu2o&quot; frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>
    edited January 2011
    ktm6464 wrote:
    can i be included in the white lists i am very good friends with fish my accounts 64ktm64

Read this and then come back and indicate you understand it. Point Fish also to that thread for him to read and understand and if he accepts the consequences then he should then come here and vouch for you. You can then be submitted to The Ardi for adding to the whitelist.

General Note: I don't believe that Age is a black/white : yes/no factor in being allowed on the server. I know 6 y/o I would trust on the server and 30 y/o I would not.

-Digi
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    Sever down?
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    Nope, server is up and running, according to the logs:
    2011-01-28 20:27:27 [INFO] CrazyJoe0813 [/:52682] lost connection
    2011-01-28 20:27:35 [INFO] CrazyJoe0813 [/:52687] lost connection
    2011-01-28 20:27:41 [INFO] Disconnecting CrazyJoe0813 [/:52682]: Failed to verify username!

try it again... otherwise there's something going on with the minecraft login servers.

EDIT: Login problems with the test server as well... suggests problems with Minecraft authentication servers again.
    edited January 2011
    I'm not able to log into Minecraft at all. Looks like Auth issues on Minecraft's side.

Edit: And now able to get all the way in

-Digi
    edited January 2011
    BobbyDigi wrote:

Edit: And now able to get all the way in

-Digi

That's what she said?
    edited February 2011
    Hokay, I just went through and moved all the whitelist requests to a separate thread. Henceforth, please do all your whitelist requesting here: http://icrontic.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91810
  • the_technocratthe_technocrat IC-MotY1 Indy Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    plugins and whitelist are back - please disable check to minecraft.net
  • MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    plugins and whitelist are back - please disable check to minecraft.net

You do realize that opens us up to hack attempts right? It's pretty easy to spoof a name in minecraft.
    edited February 2011
    Test server is 100% but can not connect to official server. I was on and it froze, timed out and not can not reconnect getting timeout errors.

-Digi
  • TonyRockyHorrorTonyRockyHorror Alexandria, VA
    edited February 2011
    mf.jpg

Project I started last night. :)

Bet you can guess what this will be. it's about 50 blocks wide and about 70 blocks long, which is roughly twice as big as what it would be at 1:1 scale. I need the space to be able to decorate it better.
    edited February 2011
    Sweet, when done I bet it will hit the Kessel Run in less than twelve parsecs ;-)

-Digi
  • edited February 2011
    Is the official server still down? I lost connection around the same time Bobby did last time, cannot log in right now.

Edit: It's working now
    edited February 2011
    BobbyDigi wrote:
    Sweet, when done I bet it will hit the Kessel Run in less than twelve parsecs ;-)

-Digi

She won't look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid!
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    Parsec is a measure of distance 0|
    edited February 2011
    Sorry about that guys. Looks like craftbukkit threw a java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException at around 1am last night. The automatic backup at noon restarted the server and restored functionality. I've been off the grid since I left work last night (g/f doesn't have internet O_O). Dunno what snarkasm's excuse is :P
    edited February 2011
    you think your gf nothing have a net connection is an excuse, put your smart phone in your hand and she has internet access.
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    I checked the server when somebody mentioned it to me in IRC, and it was running. Apologies for not checking earlier - was busy this morning.
    edited February 2011
    Snarkasm wrote:
    I checked the server when somebody mentioned it to me in IRC, and it was running. Apologies for not checking earlier - was busy this morning.

It just went down again :-P

-Digi
  • UPSHitmanUPSHitman The Big Nasty Indianapolis, Indiana Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    server just died again
    edited February 2011
    Restarting the server now. Same error. Must be a bug in the version of bukkit that we're running. I'll start testing some newer builds to make sure that they work with the plugins.

Also, I was just teasing you snarkasm ;)
    edited February 2011
    I'm more than happy to restart act as admin, if needed. I'm pretty much available from about 9 a.m. to midnight eastern U.S. time. Even when I'm not gaming, I've still got net access pretty much everywhere.
    edited February 2011
    Just finished testing a new build of bukkit and updating the official server. Hopefully that will take care of the random server crashes. An interesting side effect of the upgrade which I noticed after logging back into the new server: wood blocks no longer burn forever when lit on top, they now burn out quite quickly in fact. This makes me quite sad as I used that for decoration and lighting in DickKeep, now I just have empty fireplaces ;_;
  • the_technocratthe_technocrat IC-MotY1 Indy Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    server just died again

Of course - I started grinding at 10pm. :rolleyes:
    edited February 2011
    Ya, this undid about 8 hours of work and made at min. another 5.
    edited February 2011
    Well, hopefully the newer build of bukkit that has been deployed will take care of the crashes. Sorry for the inconvenience, but Minecraft is beta for a reason (and bukkit ever moreso).
  • MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    ardichoke wrote:
    Well, hopefully the newer build of bukkit that has been deployed will take care of the crashes. Sorry for the inconvenience, but Minecraft is beta for a reason (and bukkit ever moreso).

I think some of the inconvenience of this is over-riden by the fact there is a white list again.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    Wait... What state did we roll back to? Are our construction projects from Thursday evening lost?
    edited February 2011
    We didn't actually roll back, the server threw an error which apparently caused anything built since the previous backup to not be saved at restart. Or at least that's what I'm gathering from the above posts. I haven't confirmed any of this.
This discussion has been closed.