Official Icrontic Minecraft Server

Comments

• CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    Bobby's comments in the koth thread make it sound like it came back to the same state it went down in, but K's comment makes it sound like things were lost.

I'm trying to log in to see for myself, but it's timing out.

Edit: Got in, nothing seems to have been lost. I was right where I was when the server crashed last night. Although it meant I started to drown...
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    Well, that's good to know. From the logs it looked like it had saved properly during restart but _k_ made me worry.

/me shakes fist at k
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    I believe _K_ was referring to the logs burning out now instead of burning forever causing his time loss. I do not know what project he is referring to that it took 8 hours to do and 5 more to redo.

-Digi
    edited February 2011
    Ah... I see. Yeah, the logs burning out annoyed me as well. Though it did have the nice side effect of clearing all the floating logs near my keep that were on fire. There's apparently a bug report filed with the bukkit team about it. In the future, I'll be doing more testing on the test server before deploying on the official server. I just wanted to get this update out because there was a show-stopper bug in the old version.
    edited February 2011
    So are logs that were burning before the update gone / not burning now?

If so, that changes the look of PvP Island a lot and we will need to figure out another way of marking its boarders.

-Digi
    edited February 2011
    Yes, unfortunately, they burnt out (were consumed) within minutes of restarting the server with the newer build. Since I didn't have any burning logs on the test server, I wasn't aware that would happen based on my 15 minute test run there.
  • the_technocratthe_technocrat IC-MotY1 Indy Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    I think K wanted to cover an entire lake with burning logs 3-4 blocks above the surface. Now the logs are gone, and the lake is restored. Looks better now IMO :P
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    .......................now things spawn at night in the water. i have to go back over it with cobble and torches
  • ErrorNullTurnipErrorNullTurnip Illinois Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    ....Mobs don't spawn in water...
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    then they must be spawning in the light, they do spawn in water of a certain depth.
    edited February 2011
    Bad news guys, logs burning out is not a bug, rather it's a bug fix.

http://bugs.bukkit.org/issues/356#note-1

Apparently logs were never supposed to burn infinitely. Bukkit just happened to fix the bug before the official minecraft did.
  • MechfoxMechfox Texas
    edited February 2011
    ardichoke wrote:
    Bad news guys, logs burning out is not a bug, rather it's a bug fix.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
    edited February 2011
    ardichoke wrote:
    Apparently logs were never supposed to burn infinitely

Yup, hence the introduction of Netherrack, a replacement.

-Digi
    edited February 2011
    Pity there's no way to GET netherrack in SMP at this point.... you know since you can't port to hellworld and all.
  • BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    ardichoke wrote:
    Pity there's no way to GET netherrack in SMP at this point.... you know since you can't port to hellworld and all.

Unless, of course, a very generous moderator finds it in their heart to give everyone a small but useful allowance of Netherrack to hold us over till portals are added to SMP. Say, 10-15 blocks each. Hahaha :D
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    I saw that somebody built a pair of portals in Turnip Castle when I logged on today - you mean they don't do anything?
    edited February 2011
    ardichoke wrote:

Hence why Mojang hasn't officially fixed to yet :-P

Bukkit has put us in quite the predicament.
    Snarkasm wrote:
    I saw that somebody built a pair of portals in Turnip Castle when I logged on today - you mean they don't do anything?

In SMP, correct. Nothing but make noise and look cool.

-Digi
    edited February 2011
    Snarkasm wrote:

That is correct. I also built one into the wall in DickKeep. Just looks pretty and makes noise at this point.

Yes, bukkit has made things interesting there... IMO it's a small price to pay for having plugins and a whitelist again though. Hopefully SMP hellworld won't be far behind.
    edited February 2011
    ardichoke wrote:
    That is correct. I also built one into the wall in DickKeep. Just looks pretty and makes noise at this point.

Yes, bukkit has made things interesting there... IMO it's a small price to pay for having plugins and a whitelist again though. Hopefully SMP hellworld won't be far behind.

SMP Nether is coming as confirmed by Notch. Though the way the game is coded last he mentioned it there will need to be two servers. One regular world and one Nether and the portals would transfer you between the two. He states there are more issues there because of inventory control. To throw another wrench in the gears he has also mentioned adding a 3rd dimension being the opposite of the Hellish Nether.

Edit: There are a few major "bugs" that have been exploited enough to become the norm. Notch has mentioned leaving these in the game until he can implement a replacement. The next big one is mine cart "boosters", not a feature, a physics glitch that Notch has said he will get rid of, but again will implement a replacement for.

-Digi
    edited February 2011
    noon is one of the hardest times to log on to MC due to MC.net unavailability. Maybe noon isn't the best time to reset everyone's connections to the IC MC server?
    edited February 2011
    in other news, can connect to MC.net but not to our server since noon.
    edited February 2011
    I can't connect to minecraft.net, but from what I can see, MC is still running (not hung) on the server. :(
    edited February 2011
    And now I can jump in, but I get a 503 response from minecraft.net when connecting. Methinks it's not our server that's the issue.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    The 503 error is related to authentication on the minecraft server end, so you're correct Snark. The odd thing is that the minecraft servers were supposedly upgraded to eliminate such problems. You'd think with the pile of cash that notch has made so far, we'd see some more improvements to the experience.
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    I've noticed there's no /help for bukkit. Where can the command list be found?
    edited February 2011
    I updated the first post in this thread with the current commands available from the plugins we have installed.
    edited February 2011
    noon is one of the hardest times to log on to MC due to MC.net unavailability. Maybe noon isn't the best time to reset everyone's connections to the IC MC server?

I'm open to doing the backups and whatnot at a different time. Feel free to open a thread and we can try to work out a time that works better for the most people. I chose noon because I figured it would be the time that the least amount of people would want to be playing.
  • MechfoxMechfox Texas
    edited February 2011
    Snarkasm wrote:
    And now I can jump in, but I get a 503 response from minecraft.net when connecting. Methinks it's not our server that's the issue.

Same here. I can reach the title screen, but trying to get on the server is futile.
    edited February 2011
    Latest addition to the Official server, I'm setting it up to generate an updated isometric map each day after backups are taken. Once the map is generated, the old one will be overwritten. Fair warning, from my test renders, it looks like the maps are pretty big (around 45MB). I wouldn't recommend opening them in your browser.

URL: http://dump.ardichoke.info/minecraft/Icrontinent.png
  • ErrorNullTurnipErrorNullTurnip Illinois Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    Can we remove the cave mode flag? Also, what renderer are you using?
This discussion has been closed.