edited February 2011
    Wow, look at that motion capture!
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    Want. Spectacular mocap.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    Fantastic trailer.

The storytelling is astounding. It's been awhile since a video game elicited that kind of raw emotion from me, and I certainly don't recall a trailer being effective in such a way. The music, the expressions, the revelation... it is Hollywood level stuff.

The worst part about this trailer? Where's the GAME? There is no way that the actual game can meet the sheer astonishment and emotion set forth by this trailer. Please prove me wrong, Dead Island.

I am a bit burned out on zombie anything by now, so I don't expect that I'll really care about this game once it's released, unfortunately. It needs to bring something new to the table - and if the game conjures that kind of emotion and storytelling for players in real-time, then consider me sold.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    Yeah, I have this acute fear that the game will actually be mundane or just plain suck. I read that the trailer was produced by an independent video company, not even Deep Silver or the developers...

This will probably be a case of "WOW AMAZING TRAILER wow shitty game."
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    Game trailer crap. No game footage, not that compelling or story driven(have family and in under 2 minutes kill them all), doesn't leave me wanting more simply wondering why I should play another game where there is a never ending population of zombies.
  • edited February 2011
    The trailer is amazing. I ended up watching it a few times. Like _k_ and primesuspect, when the trailer is THAT good it makes me wonder how bad the game will be.
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    It's true. It's unfortunate that this will probably end up being another "Doesn't live up to the hype" releases.

But dang if that isn't one of the best trailers (game, movie, TV, or otherwise) I've seen in a long time.
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited February 2011
    Meh. I'm not burned out on Zombies. Just burned out on that type of Zombie game. I'm really looking forward to the other Zombie game coming out who's name I've just forgotten. But it's an RPG game based in a Zombie Infected land. Where you are there to survive, round up other survivors and exist in the setting. The zombies are more the set dressing and less of the constant target.
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    Taking the trailer at face value, this looks sweet. Great directing on this ad. Without any game footage there cannot be an opinion of the game itself, but I love zombie games so I'm optimistic.
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    A game trailer made me cry. In the middle of the day. At work.

Fucking win.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    Anne doesn't cry. It was just raining on her face.
  • BasilBasil Nubcaek England Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    Pretty advert, but I know nothing more about the game having watched it.
  • pragtasticpragtastic Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    Basil wrote:
    Pretty advert, but I know nothing more about the game having watched it.

I think it might have zombies.
  • BasilBasil Nubcaek England Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    pragtastic wrote:
    I think it might have zombies.
    Guessed that from the title. :p