Twilight Dragon Killers 2/27

MAGICMAGIC Doot DootFurniture City, Michigan Icrontian
edited February 2011 in Gaming
Hello everyone,

Halfus didn't give us nearly the trouble he did last week.

After someteen wipes, some learning, some adjustments to our strategy, Valiona and Theralion have been defeated. Everyone should be happy with our progress as the 2 or 3 attempts prior to glory were very good (sub 20%).

We even got in a lol attempt at the Ascendent Council.

Grats to Maces and Worgenit on the trinkets, Worgenit on the offhand as well, and Spence & Greg on the shoulders.

For Sunday we should be able to confidently get through Valiona and Theralion in BoT. Then, I would like to head into Blackwing Descent to go after Magmaw and then the Conclave of Wind in the Throne of the Four Winds. These are all doable for us, and should provide a few needed upgrades to move further into some of these dungeons.

For the coming week
1) please read up on the abilities and your roles to the bosses we are going after on 3/6.
2) If you have yet to start cooking/fishing please do so to help us get to our new feast.
3) Continue to work on your gear. If you still have 333 or less items find a way to upgrade them by next raid.
4) oh yeah, and if your first aid isn't 525, I hate you. Bandages saved me a few times last night.

Comments

• pragtasticpragtastic Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    That trinket was actually a pretty sweet upgrade. If I time the proc, it will bump my ability that gives a % dmg boost to dots from 27% up to 42%!

Anyways, good work everyone who participated in the kill last night :)
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    my shoulders glow squeee!!!!!

I think as a group we are really starting to shine. Yes we have RNG, but we are understanding each others mechanics better and respond much quicker.

also, I think spence was still using 318 bracers trollololololol
  • TiberiusLazarusTiberiusLazarus Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    No...that's me...

Also, fuck this wand.

:grumblemumblefuckthisgamemumblegrumble:
  • SpencerForHireSpencerForHire Clawson, MI
    edited February 2011
    No, me too.
  • HydrarHydrar Columbia, MD Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    From a healer perspective, things were super tough for raid heals until the last few attempts when enough people got it.

I don't think this fight is a gear check like Halfus... more of a brain check. I suspect that we'll have many more fights that come down to individuals being able to handle 3+ simultaneous raid mechanics on top of their primary role, and then switching to 3+ more totally different raid mechanics later in the same fight.

Our raid group has the gear and the smarts to do these fights. We just need to work on shortening the learning curve (improving raid direction, individual execution, and dealing with frustration).

Good job last night. I have little doubt V&T will be far easier next week.