Seed screenshots

the_technocratthe_technocrat IC-MotY1Indy Icrontian
edited June 2011 in Minecraft
So minecraft single-player (or server, for that matter) allows you to specify a "seed" now. The entire world is based on this seed. Previously, the seed was the current computer time (aka "random")

So if people use the same seed, you'll see the exact same world over and over again. Default spawn will also be in generally the same area as well.

So here's the result of some testing I did, and a few seeds I found online:

Seeds

icrontic (boring, flat)

Icrontic (North Pole - snow on low hills and iced ocean as far as you can see

geeklimit (forest, boring)

Geeklimit (rolling hills next to a massive ocean)

the_technocrat (rolling hills, tons of flowers)

technocrat (random islands, not a huge deal)

boner (squid spawn near spawn, otherwise meh)

8675309 (medium-sized seaside hills, squid spawn)

314159265 (pi) (medium mountain coast)

found online:

Glacier (extreme terrain and tremendous overhangs, it's ridiculously mountainous terrain)

derpysheep (large mountains with natural arches)

404 (boring world with a crazy cave system under the gravel patch at spawn)

6849903145766763736 (Pretty good seaside mountains)

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    Try Heaven or Hell.
  • the_technocratthe_technocrat IC-MotY1 Indy Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    "Heaven or Hell" and "Heaven" have some pretty cool island worlds. "Hell" is pretty plain.

"Try Heaven or Hell" are some kind of odd snowy beach forest hills.
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    do "cola"
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    nou
    edited February 2011
    Aight, here's some Minecraft seeds I tried:

"cola" Mountains of sand as far as the eye can see

"Tundra" Pothole lakes with hills in-between

"{IC}" Valley, pumpkin spawn nearby, pretty cool overhangs

"America" cool spawn, looks almost exactly like a dream I had once till I explored. Lava pool close to where I spawned.

"The Orient" Kinda boring, sand and dirt hills, no special geography

"Nifelheim" Plenty of biomes within walking distance of spawn, pretty cool place

"The Devil Down Below" Cool place, spawned near an almost sheer cliff, walked along and found some badass caveture here too, definitely recommend this one.

"It's the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fine" Relatively flat, kinda boring but I'm getting the vibe that there's some caves here under all this gravel O.o

"Flogging Molly" Spawned in front of a lake with a mountain behind me, mountain has caves up the wazoo

"Myrmidon" This one was pretty sweet as well, mountains, huge mountains along the horizon, it seems that this is the theme as I'm walking around more, big mountains with valleys in-between. I'd recommend this one too, it's awesome.

"Gnome Queen" I'm officially stopping my seeding tests here, nothing can compare to this landscape, it is truly amazing. You spawn with a small lake in front of you, and an amazing system of mountains behind you. I...I...I don't know what to say, there are floating islands, crazy overhangs, ridiculous land bridges, and the mountains are all up in the clouds. If you try any of the seeds I tried, I'd recommend this one the most.
  • Gate28Gate28 Orlando, Florida Icrontian
    edited March 2011
    I tried doing "vaginas". You get a hilly desert with water and forest oases.
  • Gate28Gate28 Orlando, Florida Icrontian
    edited March 2011
    Experimenting some more, I found these:

"Israel": Spawned on a beach on a massive lake, the are is hilly and full of trees, and there's a huge sheer cliff near the spawn and a few natural arches. This is a cool one to check out.

"dog tail": Spawned on a small flat desert, but I did some walking and saw a hulking mountian in the distance off on another island, i swam to it and found it to be one of the most strange things I'd ever seen in this game, there was a big waterfall and a nearly floating, perfectly flat platform up in the clouds. Check this one out.

"love": Spawned on another beach. There's a few tall cliffs and some squid, but nothing really spectacular. Except there's a big dirt cross on the beach near the spawn o.0

"glass passenger": Started on another beach. This world is pretty plain, except there's a tall desert off in the distance.

"Gate28": Starts you off on yet another beach, but this time you have a snowy side and a green side, both are tall and jagged and pretty cool. This is a neat one.

"volcano": It's hilly and green with lots of trees, there's a mountain near the spawn that has a waterfall and an absolutely wicked overhang worth checking out.

"Jizz In My Pants": Snow, tall strange looking trees and hills. This one is interesting.

"iridium": A river valley that's tall on both sides, like the grand canyon but green. This one is unique.
    edited March 2011
    "penis" fairly interesting, icy lakes and such

"Nintendo" Cool place, sand obelisks, kickass overhang

"rage" I like this place, crazy cave system if you travel a bit

"tomato" kinda generic

"Antarctica" Wow, another amazing spawn and map geography, try this if you want to find a map that has overhangs, random pits that fall about 50 blocks straight down, natural lavafalls on the surface, and crazy mountains with land bridges and giant dark caves. I'ma use this one as my new single player map :3
    edited March 2011
    Note that seed text is case-sensitive.
    edited March 2011
    tis what I've been doing
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited March 2011
    "BobbyDigital" Epic! This is my new single player.

"BobbyDigi" Spawn on a flat desert island. Nothing special in site.
    edited March 2011
    BobbyDigi wrote:
    "BobbyDigital" Epic! This is my new single player.

what's it look like?
    edited March 2011
    Lots of tall cliffs, forest and dessert at spawn. Big clay deposit, all three types of trees. Giant dome arch thing within seeing distance from where I spawned.
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited March 2011
    ardichoke - kinda boring, rolling hills, trees, etc.

Hak.5 - Spawn is in a lagoon with an arched entryway and steep walls on all sides with pumpkins and trees. Didn't explore much but the spawn is really neat.
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    edited March 2011
    Seed screenshots

no screenshots

?
    edited March 2011
    Canti wrote:
    Seed screenshots

no screenshots

?

Profit