Vote for the winners of the PowerColor Eyefinity desktop wallpaper contest here!

13»

Comments

• InfraRedInfraRed Bulgaria
    edited June 2010
    Thank you very much AMD, Icrontic, PowerColor and people who voted. Really, I didn't expect it :)
  • BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    InfraRed wrote:
    Thank you very much AMD, Icrontic, PowerColor and people who voted. Really, I didn't expect it :)

I'm curious, InfraRed. What software suites did you use to create your "circles" design? I liked your design, and I'd like to know how the circles, blur effects, and color gradient were created.
    edited June 2010
    Photoshop with custom defined brushes and variation in shape, scattering and some other settings (Brush engine). The picture consist from 4 layers. First one from the circles is blurred in some percents (I don't remember how much) and with reduced opacity, second one - the same but with smaller values and the top one has small amount of blur just for antialiasing the edges. All of the layers are in [Multiply] blend mode. The bottom layer is a background with some gradient applied to it - from red to green. After all it's an AMD/ATi :) And the circles..well, the idea was Eye + Infinity (Eyefinity), that's why the bokeh effect.
  • Ivan100sicIvan100sic Serbia, Nis
    edited June 2010
    I know what is this leading to....
    edited June 2010
    Ivan100sic wrote:
    I know what is this leading to....
    It (which one and what) is leading to... what?
  • Ivan100sicIvan100sic Serbia, Nis
    edited June 2010
    Did you buy photoshop?
    edited June 2010
    I have a licensed key for the Creative Web Suite in my office, so do I for Flex Builder 3. Although even if I didn't I still could have used Photoshop as a 30-days trial, right? At least there's a download page on Adobe site https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/tdrc/index.cfm?product=photoshop

I didn't buy it myself, but my employer did it...so much hate and envy in this world :(.
    I'm not for one card, I can afford whatever videocard I want, sorry to disappoint you. It's just the prize and even more the fact that AMD guys chose my entry, I'm some kind proud of it, because I love AMD. All CPU's I've ever owned (and still own) are made by AMD, just see my signature.

So many great CPUs http://hwbot.org/community/user/i.nfrar.ed?tab=submissions :)
  • lersheelershee Keeper of J Sterling Heights, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    I like Mime92_1. It's pretty. :-)
    edited June 2010
    InfraRed wrote:
    Photoshop with custom defined brushes...
    ...that's why the bokeh effect.

Thanks for the rundown! I appreciate it. I thought you were using the multiply blending effect, and it's nice to hear that was indeed what you were using. Very cool. :D
  • mime92mime92 peshawar
    edited June 2010
    lershee wrote:
    I like Mime92_1. It's pretty. :-)

thanks! Lershee
  • lersheelershee Keeper of J Sterling Heights, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    mime92 wrote:
    thanks! Lershee

You're welcome! :-)
  • OptixOptix New Brunswick, Canada
    edited June 2010
    Congrats folks! Well done!
  • edited June 2010
    + vote for" Snarkasm 01"
    i like this
  • edited June 2010
    If you guys hear about this guy who hang himself next to the Lincoln memorial in the upcoming weeks , that would be me
    :C *lost*
    edited July 2010
    I got it. Everything good, I payed only VAT. The card will fit nicely in the other PC :)

Thanks again!
    edited March 2011
    Well, the card is officially dead, after trying to stabilize 1200MHz on the core :( The voltmod of the memory went wrong. Too bad, it was very good card with excellent silent cooler, good job PowerColor. I've always liked PCS+ versions, although it's pity that the brand is not available in Bulgaria.
    The best result I have is from pretesting http://hwbot.org/community/submission/1079192_i.nfrar.ed_3dmark06_radeon_hd_5670_15077_marks
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited March 2011
    You.... killed your prize card trying to OC it?

Nicely done.
  • QuadWhoreQuadWhore Toledo, Ohio, U.S. Icrontian
    edited March 2011
    At least she didn't die in vain.
    edited March 2011
    That sucks, but at least you had several months of usage out of it. :D
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited March 2011
    I admire the spirit and pluck. InfraRed, you're livin the Icrontic life :D

:life:
    edited March 2011
    Wow, what an input, really like it :D
    It died young (didn't use it at all). The only thing I'm sorry about is that it did it before I could actually make use of that core speed in benchmarks. It's not the first hardware part I kill, believe me :D.