If geeks love it, we’re on it

Howdy, Stranger!

You found the friendliest gaming & tech geeks around. Say hello!

Introduce yourself!

Comments

• AlidraAlidra Metro Detroit Icrontian
    edited Nov 2010
    Welcome P0rkCh0p! So glad I finally got you to sign up!! Now that you're here, just play nice!! <3
  • edited Dec 2010
    I'm new! Am deployed to Afghanistan and my laptop decided to act up. Found an Army computer and was surfing for advice and found this site. I think I'll be perusing your great subjects for some time now! Thanks for a great site!

Oh- I'm about as tech savvy as your average Afghan poppy grower. Have a Dell, but that is about all I know. I think I was running Windows XP. Only used it for email, to watch movies, do excel spreadsheets with, manage my ipod, and play the Total War series on.
  • _vRz__vRz_ Toronto
    edited Dec 2010
    Welcome to IC Community gmartin!
  • MalpercioMalpercio Greater St. Louis Area
    edited Jan 2011
    Hello! I came over here primarily because I was looking for a Minecraft server, but this community seems like a pretty nice place! (To be honest, I really like it, wish I could put something together like this, but alas, I never have the time or patience.)

I'm a freshmen at college studying Computer Information Systems, and I run a community of my own that I've been maintaining for several years now. (As the Light Fades, for those interested. We recently lost everything and moved to a new server, so there's still a lot of improvements to be done. But hey, I'm a "busy" college student, haha.)

Other than that, not much more to know about me. I'm a geek or nerd or whatever word you want to use and enjoy it, recently built a computer, er... Yeah, that's about it.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! SoCal Icrontian
    edited Jan 2011
    Welcome to Icrontic Malpercio! I enjoy your proper grammar and punctuation. Also you are our first Intro post of 2011, Woot. See ya on the Minecraft server.

-Digi
  • primesuspectprimesuspect HumanGarbageDisposal Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited Jan 2011
    Welcome to it :)
  • QCHQCH Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited Jan 2011
    Welcome to my second home! This IS the best place on the net!
  • JordanMcKellum84JordanMcKellum84 Dallas, GA
    edited Jan 2011
    Name's Jordan, and I love to jump off of tall buildings and play with fire :rarr:
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Dallas Icrontian
    edited Jan 2011
    That sounds lovely. Do you ever combine the two activities? Pics or it didn't happen.
    edited Jan 2011
    JordanMcKellum84 said:
    Name's Jordan, and I love to jump off of tall buildings and play with fire :rarr:
    Awesome, Welcome!

-Digi
  • ConstanceyConstancey West Virginia
    edited Feb 2011
    Just want to say hi since I'm new here. I'm happy to be a member of this community . Hope for the best.:)
  • UPSHitmanUPSHitman The Big Nasty Indianapolis, Indiana Icrontian
    edited Feb 2011
    Welcome to icrontic!!!! We are glad you are here!!!!
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited Feb 2011
    This isn't like any other community. Distinct lack of trolls and internet superheroes (which is a good thing!). Welcome! :D
    edited Feb 2011
    Welcome Constancey!

Hope you stick around for a while. You are bound to get hooked on something here :-P

....and we have trolls, but they are fun Trolls like the dolls with big hair, not ass trolls like Carrot Top.

-Digi
  • CannonFodderCannonFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited Feb 2011
    ... or Epic Trolls... ahem... Bobby.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect HumanGarbageDisposal Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited Feb 2011
    Merged into the "Introduce Yourself" thread.

Welcome, Constancey :)
    edited Feb 2011
    Welcome to my second home, Constancey!

:celebrate
  • jcblattjcblatt Ohio
    edited Mar 2011
    Hello all of Icrontic, I heard about this site a while ago, just now joined, my great friend Quadwhore showed me this site, I looked at it and i became interested, hope i will have a great time on the site.
  • QuadWhoreQuadWhore Toledo, Ohio, U.S. Member
    edited Mar 2011
    jcblatt said:
    Hello all of Icrontic, I heard about this site a while ago, just now joined, my great friend Quadwhore showed me this site, I looked at it and i became interested, hope i will have a great time on the site.
    That's right I deed
  • jcblattjcblatt Ohio
    edited Mar 2011
    QuadWhore said:
    That's right I deed
    indeed
    edited Mar 2011
    Welcome, jcblatt!!!
    edited Mar 2011
    Welcome jcblatt. You're gunna love it. You owe QuadWhore a beer now. ;)

-Digi
  • jcblattjcblatt Ohio
    edited Mar 2011
    more like a monster.
    edited Mar 2011
    Ohhh, Fellow energy drink fans? Just make sure its a 4 banger (4 servings) I believe Monster calls it a BFC.

Rockstar / Redbull fan myself, I love me a good Caffeine rush.

-Digi
  • ardichokeardichoke Buttes Master B Lansing, MI Icrontian
    edited Mar 2011
    Pssh... it's all about coffee: natures energy drink.
  • jcblattjcblatt Ohio
    edited Mar 2011
    grew up with monster, and ill see what i can get
  • TattedUpGirlie19TattedUpGirlie19 Sterling Heights, MI Member
    edited Mar 2011
    I figured I should probably come and introduce myself since, not everyone here at icrontic knows me. I'm Jess, I don't know much about computers and games but I am learning from my boyfriend Steven, who you all may know, Zenm0de. I think it's amazing the friendships you all have with eachother, and I can't wait to be a part of that. I can't wait to get to know you all more.

If you ever need any tips on hair, make-up, or tattoos I am your girl, I am a licnesed cosmetologist with lots of tattoos. I also know a lot about animals as I am a certified veterinary assistant also. I couldn't decide what I wanted to be when I grow up, shit I still don't know, I am starting school yet again in April to get licensed as a cosmetologist educator. But I do feel hair is my passion and where I belong, but we will see where I end up.

Alright enough of my rambling :)
    edited Mar 2011
    Welcome Jess! I'm sure Zen has already shown you how Icrontic is far superior to other online communities, but stick around and find out for yourself.

Do you give Tattoos? or just have many? Cuz I know a few people that may need some certain stylized "i"s tattooed near the end of June ;)

-Digi
    edited Mar 2011
    You want to put a dick with a hat on yourself permanently? :bigggrin:
  • TattedUpGirlie19TattedUpGirlie19 Sterling Heights, MI Member
    edited Mar 2011
    BobbyDigi said:
    Welcome Jess! I'm sure Zen has already shown you how Icrontic is far superior to other online communities, but stick around and find out for yourself.

Do you give Tattoos? or just have many? Cuz I know a few people that may need some certain stylized "i"s tattooed near the end of June ;)

-Digi
    Im not a tattoo artist, but I have drawn up some things for people and I know two amazing artists that would be happy for some new business. I have 19 tattoos myself and most of them have came from my own drawings. And yes, Steve has shown me and I do plan on sticking around and finding out for myself :)
  • SharShar Los Angeles
    edited Apr 2011
    Hi there! My boyfriend pointed me at this site because he saw the tweet about you guys needing new writers. I decided to check out the site and I'm loving the friendly tone! My last major foray into forums in an active way was being a DM on the Wizards of the Coast forums a couple of years ago, but my players dwindled into monster grinders after a while and I lost interest.

I also love well-written technical instructions because of my recent stint as a technical writer in the web hosting industry.

All that to say - this place looks cool and I'm looking forward to checking it out (and probably checking out that writing gig aspect, too).
    edited Apr 2011
    Glad to have you here and hope you enjoy the stay!
    edited Apr 2011
    Welcome to Icrontic Shar

-Digi
  • SharShar Los Angeles
    edited Apr 2011
    Tushon said:
    Glad to have you here and hope you enjoy the stay!
    Thanks!
    edited Apr 2011
    Welcome to my home... :)
  • MarthaplMarthapl United States
    edited Apr 2011
    Hello! Just stumbled across this site today...already love it!
    edited Apr 2011
    Well hello Marthapl, Welcome to Icrontic.

-Digi
    edited Apr 2011
    Marthapl, welcome to our home!
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Not as tall as Bobby Tallbeer. Twilight Sparkle is overrated. Meechigan Icrontian
    edited Apr 2011
    QCH said:
    welcome home!
    FTFY
  • LazarusXeroLazarusXero Illinois Member
    edited Apr 2011
    Hey everyone,

Still working my way around the threads and found this nifty little introduction area. As shown by the number of posts, I'm slightly new here, but what I've seen so far I like. You all seem like a bunch of nice folks (but then again, so did Dave Koresh and Jim Jones)...

I live in the midwest where I've known QCH for about 20 years now and have spent my daytime breaking things, blowing things up, and lighting fires for a living. Recently though, my company has decided I'm so well versed in mass destruction that they gave me a cube (not the companion-type cube), a computer and took away the outlet for my arsonistic tendencies. GRRRRR...

Beyond that, I sort of like a little bit of everything from computers, electronics, music, beer, exercise, XBox, board games, wine, books, movies, Big Bang Theory (the only TV show I allow myself to watch), guitars, LOTRO, my opinions, and anything with shiny surfaces or sharp edges to attract my attention.

That's about it for now... I'll see you all around (and hope to meet many of you at the Expo this year!)

- LazXero
    edited Apr 2011
    But an indestructible companion cube would be so useful in your environment
    edited Apr 2011
    Welcome to where I spend my online time... Glad I've introduced yet another friend to my other friends. You'll fit just fine here!
  • vinsanity0723vinsanity0723 Troy, NY
    edited Apr 2011
    Oh hey there people of Icronic. I followed primesuspect for the longest time on twitter after winning something that required following him. I finally decided to check out this website he's been spamming my feed with and thought that there weren't enough gaming articles. I plan to (hopefully) fix that.
    edited Apr 2011
    Welcome to the crazy house!!!:crazy:
    edited Apr 2011
    Welcome Vinsanity0723! Somethin for everyone at Icrontic!

-Digi
  • ChemriofChemriof Soviet Scotland
    edited Apr 2011
    Yo, I don't think I've actually introduced myself on here. I'm Chemriof, and I am the really Fishhead McKenzie(at least when I play TF2). When I'm not busy in Soviet Scotland; hugging weresheep to death(in a manly way) and being awesome, I live in Minnesota, go to college, and procrastinate a lot. My hobbies include video games, playing music, and doing martial arts.
    edited Apr 2011
    Welcome to IC!!!
  • ThraxThrax Professional Shill, Pokémaster, Watch Slut Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited Apr 2011
    In Soviet Scotland, martial arts do you.
  • KemicaKemica B.C Canada
    edited May 2011
    Another newbie here, I found you guys a while back while looking up Minecraft and random other stuff. I've spent enough time in a semi-vegetative state reading threads here, that I thought it was high time I joined.

I guess I'll tell a bit about myself. My name is Darla. I'm 28, Canadian married to a Dane, spend too much time on video games and am an aspiring Roller Derby player (currently out on injury). I am also fond of run-on sentences.

Also looking forward to possibly gaming with you lot, as you seem like my kind of crowd.
  • ChemriofChemriof Soviet Scotland
    edited May 2011
    Welcome! Roller derby is cool, I've even seen Canadians derby, too bad they got rocked by our good old Minnesotan girls :P