124»

Comments

• AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    \e looks at last post data
    \e isn't mad...just disappointed
  • ZenModeZenMode Royal Oak, Mi Icrontian
    edited March 2011
    I shall return! I have an appointment with a PT to finish checking out my back on the 8th of April, if everything goes well I'll find out from them when I can return to the gym.

God I can't wait to get back to the gym - I can't even begin to explain the night/day difference in everything from energy level to stress management when I'm not regularly exercising.

I've slid backwards some, but I'm not concerned - when I return to my regimen and exercise the results will come with consistency.
    edited April 2011
    I start Physical Therapy this week (hopefully) - my doctor prescribed 4 weeks of it to treat my S-I joint (which he thinks is what I injured).

I'm getting closer - I can't wait to be back at the gym.
  • LazarusXeroLazarusXero Illinois Icrontian
    edited April 2011
    I know what you mean about wanting to get back to working out. I recently started having issues with my shoulder and the doc said it was minor tendonitis. I asked him what I could do about it and he said, "give your shoulder a rest." Easier said than done when you're doing P90X everyday. Almost every exercise routine, including yoga, uses the shoulders in one way or another... So lately I've been on a modified scheduled of mostly legs, plyometrics, core work, and light yoga... After 8 months straight of doing this every morning, missing even two days of working out makes me feel terrible.

I think the big thing is to modify as much as you can to avoid using the injured joint, while trying to maintain some type of exercise regimine, just to keep active. It was hard enough to get into a workout routine (I just started working out for the first time in my life last August) and now I don't want to stop!

So, good luck to you! Keep it up!
    edited July 2011
    Great news!

I had my first physical therapy appointment this past Friday, and the therapist said that he'd expect me to be back in the gym lifting light weights in about 5-6 weeks.

Until then, I'm starting tabata training and doing core strengthening to prepare.
    edited July 2011
    My first full working therapy session yesterday was fantastic, the PT manipulated my spine to open up the space between the vertebrae prior to exercise and assisted me with some hip stretches.

We followed up with some core work to start establishing a solid base for other exercises - I'll be doing some homework tonight that he gave me, and heading back tomorrow for another session.

Feels good man.
    edited July 2011
    Started back at the gym last Thursday, I'm doing 1/4th of the weight I was doing for most muscle groups - and I can't do certain free weight exercises, but I'm increasing the intensity by slowing all my reps down by about 80%.

Feels good man.

PT again tonight, my core is really coming along strengthwise - I can't wait till I'm ready to go back full-force.
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited July 2011
    ZenMode wrote:
    Started back at the gym last Thursday, I'm doing 1/4th of the weight I was doing for most muscle groups - and I can't do certain free weight exercises, but I'm increasing the intensity by slowing all my reps down by about 80%.

Feels good man.

PT again tonight, my core is really coming along strengthwise - I can't wait till I'm ready to go back full-force.

Get 'um dude.

When I hurt my shoulders snowboarding this past winter I had to start my bench press back at the bar, and I am only back up to 135x5 + 145x5. Sucks to step back but necessary sometimes.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited July 2011
    Yep, and I dropped from 325 deads/250 squat/225 bench to 180/180/180. Sucks, but you gotta do what you gotta do.
  • WagsFTWWagsFTW Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
    edited July 2011
    You guys sound like a bunch of old men. ;)
  • WagsFTWWagsFTW Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
    edited July 2011
    But aside from that, I'm glad you're able to get back in the gym, and look forward to hearing about the progress, Steve!
    edited July 2011
    Thanks guys :) Once I'm back to normalcy I'll start posting my regular updates again, I want to be at my goal body fat % 12 months from now.
    edited August 2011
    PT is going well, though it looks like it'll be a few more visits before I'm 100%. My PT said we'd give it another 3 weeks or so, but he encouraged me to give freeweights a try again this coming week - so I'll be going back at roughly 1/4th my last recorded weights for a selection of my routine.

Here goes nothing!
    edited August 2011
    Hell yeah freeweights!

Did my normal chest/arm routine @ .25 of my last recorded weights without any weirdness in my back!

Once I'm done with PT and back on a schedule, let the updates commence! I've slid backwards a bit, but my body composition is far different now even at a higher weight than it was when I started originally.

The next month or so will be exciting :D

Stay tuned!