The madness of Valve marketing: An explanation for non-gamers

2»

Comments

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited April 2011
    Koreish wrote:
    I don't mind having games and music in a digital format. But nothing will ever replace the feeling of having a good book in your hands. I could never imagine reading a newspaper or a book from a screen. And I will probably feel that way until long after print media stops being published.
    To echo this sentiment, I love having my Nook Color and have read technical manuals and the Millennium series / Ender's Game etc. on there ... but I like my growing bookshelf of actual books. It just feels right to loan one out.
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited April 2011
    Koreish wrote:
    I don't mind having games and music in a digital format. But nothing will ever replace the feeling of having a good book in your hands. I could never imagine reading a newspaper or a book from a screen. And I will probably feel that way until long after print media stops being published.

I used to say the same thing, until I got my nook. Now, while I still buy certain books (because I like to get a nice hardcover edition) in physical media, a lot of my reading is done on nook.
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited April 2011
    OMG, what is this steam thing? I haven't logged on in months.
  • drasnordrasnor Starship Operator Hawthorne, CA Icrontian
    edited April 2011
    GUiyGGdyAqhysbro1BkufV4zo1_500.gif