Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword trailer at E3 2010

primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI Icrontian
edited April 2011 in Gaming

Comments

• edited June 2010
    Looks ok but to me the graphics seem worse then the last game. I really enjoyed twilight princess and was hoping for a similar game.
  • edited June 2010
    is that the hero of time link?
    btw graphics look awful
  • edited June 2010
    @Katie Sorry if I sound rude, but it seriously sets me off when someone says a cel-shaded game doesn't look as good just because it's cel-shaded. This game's graphics are obviously of much higher caliber than TP. A game not having the 'realism' look doesn't make it suddenly worse in the graphics department. Saying that would be like saying Borderlands and Prince of Persia have bad graphics compared to many 360 games, when in fact, they do not.
  • FrylockFrylock Washington St...not DC
    edited June 2010
    It looks like playing a cartoon, that doesn't make it bad. I think Wind Waker was badass and it was cell shaded. I stick with ZeldaFan on the "don't judge because it's cell shaded.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    Oh man, Wind Waker was probably my favorite Zelda of all time. Everybody hated on it (remember, that's when Cel Shading was new—for many people, Wind Waker was the first time they'd seen it), and I remember thinking... I freaking love this. It's insanely awesome.

Skyward Sword looks to keep the tradition going. I think it looks cool.
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    Wind Waker was horribly underrated, however it took ages to get anywhere in the game, which was really my only complaint with it. Skyward Sword seems to take all the one time weapons from the previous ventures: Rope/Whip thing, Fairy Sling Shot, shooting crap out of your sword like a BAMF.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    I'm the weirdo that LIKED Wind Waker, Majora's Mask, and Super Mario Sunshine—the black sheep of the traditional franchises. :D
    edited June 2010
    Sunshine was my favorite till Galaxy came out Majora's Mask has always been just behind OoT, and Wind Waker is just the poor middle child of the Zelda franchise.
  • edited June 2010
    I don't give a poo about cell shading..but it's supposed to be a sequel to Twilight.. WW already had it's sequel. This looks dumbed down not because of cell shading..but because it looks like Twilight without all the lighting effects that made it atmospheric...kiddish monsters...and etc. etc.. if they want to cell shade it go all the way. It worked for Windwaker.. the whole thing was cartoonie in a good way with cell shading.. this is missing the point of cell shading by going for cartoonish/realism so it falls short on both levels.

In short: WW=Excellent "Cartoony" adaption. TP=Excellent realistic adaptation for the Gamecube era. This goes backward to the gamecube era and fails at BOTH styles in one.
  • wahaywahay Cincinnati, OH Member
    edited June 2010
    Good NIGHT, why the poor graphic change?

Who thought that saturating a Twilight Princess model like it was a Windwaker model was a good idea? :(
    edited June 2010
    I'd like to mention that Twilight Princess was cell shaded with the same technology that went into Wind Waker.
  • edited June 2010
    I agree with bilo, i liked windwaker and twilight princess but i think its a bad idea to combine the realism of TP with the cartoonish abstraction of WW. hopefully the gameplay will be awesome. and also thank you Koreish a very valid point you have
  • edited June 2010
    i'm fine with cartoony graphics and realistic graphics, but what bothers me most is how the environment looks because link pretty much looks like updated Ocarina of time link (which is good). but the environment don't feel very detailed like twilight princess or as prominent as wind wakers environment
  • edited September 2010
    I think that it's actually great that they changed it up. Sure I would love to have a more realistic style, but Zelda never disappointed me, so I'm curious to see what they come up with.
  • edited January 2011
    A.have eny of you plad it
    B.don't juge the game by the traler
    C.play the game if you want to judge it.
  • JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    D. Learn some basic grammar and spelling.
  • edited April 2011
    @bilo Firstly, the game looks great, truely beautiful graphics. Second, no, it's not a seaqual to Twilight Princess, it's a prequal to OoT.
  • Southern-OtakuSouthern-Otaku South Fulton, TN
    edited April 2011
    from what i heard there were too many complaints about windwaker's cell shadin bein too ''childish'' when miyamoto did this to make him more like Nintendo's other light hearted heroes(kirby, Mario) And after TP's release there were complaints of it bein too ''dark'' so they tried to go in the middle with this new addition to the series. Personally, i think it looks amazing. The only thing that worries me is that it may rely too heavily on motion controls. I don't know if it does or not.
This discussion has been closed.