Sapphire Radeon HD 6790 review

mertesnmertesn I am Bobby MillerYukon, OK Icrontian
edited May 2011 in Science & Tech

Comments

• TimTim Southwest PA Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    The 6670 seemed like a good deal for about a week there. I probably won't ever get a 6790, but if I did, I wouldn't feel good knowing it was a higher end part that FAILED QC checks, then it was modified a bit and sold anyhow.
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    Tim wrote:
    The 6670 seemed like a good deal for about a week there. I probably won't ever get a 6790, but if I did, I wouldn't feel good knowing it was a higher end part that FAILED QC checks, then it was modified a bit and sold anyhow.
    I promise you've purchased parts like that. You know that CPU you're using? Know why it's clocked where it is? Because its batch likely FAILED QC at a higher clock speed.
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    tim only buys the highest end parts. how else will he know his computer will satisfactorily run WoW and create the next viral video without a hiccup?
  • TimTim Southwest PA Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    I don't play WoW much anymore, I play Starcraft 2 a lot more these days. Ever since the SC2 Beta last April. I was getting tired of all the BS (and the gear score mod) in WoW.
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    Gear Score Mod? must still be playing on a non legal server :)
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    Plenty of gear score mods still function just fine on live.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    This card would be significantly improved if it was part of the GPU series named after tubular meats. Brats FTW.
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    Mike wrote:
    Wow this Radeon is even twice faster than old one, but still it consumes soo much energy... they should do something to reduce it.
    The problem is that it comes from the 6800 family and still has its power requirements. Other 6700 series cards (6750 and 6770) should have a much lower requirement.