How to get the Duke Nukem Forever demo

BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
edited June 2011 in Gaming

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    Silly me for buying the regular Borderlands last Christmas, instead of waiting 3 months for the GOTY edition at the same price. FML.

Note to self: wait for the GOTY edition on any game I want.
  • vinsanity0723vinsanity0723 Troy, NY
    edited June 2011
    I bought Borderlands day 1 from retail...

These publishers need to re-evaluate which customers are worthy of receiving a Duke demo.
  • BasilBasil Nubcaek England Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    Didn't work with my uninstalled copy of Borderlands (no option to view CD key).

Starting the download was enough to get the key though, 65% to getting DNF demo. :)
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    Thrax wrote:
    Silly me for buying the regular Borderlands last Christmas, instead of waiting 3 months for the GOTY edition at the same price. FML.

Note to self: wait for the GOTY edition on any game I want.

Turns out I have a first access code and I do not care. You want it?
    edited June 2011
    I would love it. :>
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    PM sent
    edited June 2011
    Oh man oh man oh man oh man.

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3
  • vinsanity0723vinsanity0723 Troy, NY
    edited June 2011
    From one of my friends who LOVED DN3D: "I'd rather play daikatana than DNF after that demo."
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    lol, I'm in :D
  • TurboPenguinTurboPenguin Orangevale, CA
    edited June 2011
    I thought the demo wasn't good. I remember LANing with friends on the original duke nukem. I seriously think the game is really only 60% finished and someone should have taken the idea and just started new rather than trying to finish someone else's project. i canceled my pre-order for DNF...
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    Duke Nukem Forever looks like it runs on the Doom III engine. Hello 2004.

The demo told me one important thing: I will not pay full price for this game.

When it's down to $14.99 or $9.99 on a Steam sale, I'm in. It'll be good for the lulz. But as for a big commercial splash? It ain't gonna happen with this game.
  • BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    Basil wrote:
    Didn't work with my uninstalled copy of Borderlands (no option to view CD key).

Starting the download was enough to get the key though, 65% to getting DNF demo. :)

Didn't know that. I figured the CD keys were viewable at all times, but didn't think to test it. Thanks for the tip, Basil! :D
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    If anyone wants to go in on a Borderlands GOTY 4 Pack to get the Demo, I'd definitely be interested...
  • edited June 2011
    anyone have a first access code for the demo they aren't gonna use? I'd love to have one!