State of the TF2nion

Comments

• KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    That was fun :)
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    Double drop week? Time to start idling again!
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    I actually got some kills last night. Not smart of me to walk right into the path of the sentry, though. Also, I have to get a headset. It's just no fun to type and play.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    Alls fun in TF2 and voice taunting.
  • pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    Mr TRiot wrote:
    Also, does anyone want my supply case for something (metal, random weapon, anything?)??

No.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    Cannonfodder and Lincoln. Back in the saddle
    All I could think of is the song... "Save the horse, ride the cowboy" ;D

Oh, and I am SO in.... I'm rebuilding my rig and will get it up for Tuesday/Thursday!
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    CB wrote:
    Also: Bobby, I'll take you up on that offer. If you can get me the Crusader's Crossbow and the Amputator, that would be super sweet. If not, I'll wait until I can craft them. :)

Nevermind. I didn't realize I could just buy them. $10 is more than worth it to get me back into the game.

It still means I've paid less that $.01/hour for the enjoyment I've gotten out of it already. :)

So, I'm a Crusading Medic now. I'm looking forward to trying it out.
  • MrTRiotMrTRiot Northern Ontario Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    pigflipper wrote:
    No.

:banghead:
  • BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    CB wrote:
    Nevermind. I didn't realize I could just buy them. $10 is more than worth it to get me back into the game.

It still means I've paid less that $.01/hour for the enjoyment I've gotten out of it already. :)

You know, that's the most logical argument I've heard for actually buying things in the TF2 store. Of course, this is CB talking here. But it's so refreshing to hear this over "OMG HATZ, YOU MAEK MY WALET CRY!!1"

Bravo, CB. :D
  • pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    I think the ability to acquire items through anything but game play just cheapens the experience for all.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    Or it makes it possible for people who don't play all the time to actually have the cool stuff they want. Depends on your perspective, I guess.

Certainly no worse that one of our friends just giving it to me.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    shwaip wrote:
    Double drop week? Time to start idling again!
    Seriously? I was already astounded at how many drops I was getting the last few nights. Was kinda getting out of hand.
    edited June 2011
    Lincoln wrote:
    Seriously? I was already astounded at how many drops I was getting the last few nights. Was kinda getting out of hand.

Well the double drop rate started back on Friday... so it would make sense if it seemed high the past few nights. :p
    edited June 2011
    My wife is going to Poland for 6 weeks starting in July, so I'll have plenty of time to play.
    edited June 2011
    Bandrik wrote:
    Well the double drop rate started back on Friday... so it would make sense if it seemed high the past few nights. :p
    My calendar was on May. :( Oops.
  • Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    I find that some of the most successful servers as far as maintaining player count keep a consistent theme. I'd vote making the server just rotate a couple predictable stock maps for a single game type when the server is not being used for a planned event. I'd vote for payload stocks, they seem to generate interest amongst the more seasoned players. This way, its predictable, and people that like that game type will keep coming back to the server. Then, when you hold a special event you just set it to play whatever your in the mood to. Otherwise, if the server is bouncing around all different game types and variations, it gets confusing to possible newcomers that want to play a set game type for a while. There are a few servers I hit regularly that are only payload stocks, one is only KOTH, and they seem to constantly hold a good game with at least seven or eight players per team, and they often are loaded at 24. Clan tags are all over the spectrum and people just hop in. They are on allot of guys favorites lists because they are predictable, you always know what kind of game your going to get on that server.
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    put reddit.com in the server name. Insta-filled.
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    I think I fixed the problem of only playing to two rounds per map, testing it out now.
    edited June 2011
    Did you fix team scrambling? Cause that shit aint fun. People hit F1 for any ol' reason.
    edited June 2011
    I don't know how :( I'll see what I can do.
    edited June 2011
    cola wrote:
    I don't know how :( I'll see what I can do.
    The very last one

I'm not saying that scrambling doesn't have an appropriate place, but we scrambled multiple times for no reason while I was playing and that is largely flawed playing. It's basically a scramble every time you switch maps anyways, so ... meh. The really annoying part was the round reset anyways, not necessarily the scramble.
    edited June 2011
    Yea, our old scramble plug-in was better, I'll turn off the awful map-resetting one for now.
  • PreacherPreacher Potomac, MD Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    Are we dancing tonight?!
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    Aye! Lets tango baby.
    edited June 2011
    Aye laddy! I'm making a Five Guys run and will brt.
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    I think I got killed with a fish.
  • RootWyrmRootWyrm Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    Gargoyle wrote:
    I think I got killed with a fish.

Actually, I got killed with the fish. You got killed by my corpse. Which is fish-like.
    edited June 2011
    Last night was fun. I've never tore things up with a Heavy like that before. Glad IC.TF2 is making such a strong comeback. The server was often completely full!
    edited June 2011
    Damn 13.5 hrs work day yesterday... I missed out. I WILL be there on Thursday!
    edited June 2011
    I'm jumping in, where are you? THAT is the question... ;)