Expo 2011 Beer Tasting

Comments

• lersheelershee Keeper of J Sterling Heights, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    I'm in! Don't care that I'll be as big as a house! Yay beer!
  • RyanMMRyanMM Ferndale, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    Is babbee due before the tasting?
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    Beer builds character. Best start early.
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    RyanMM wrote:
    You're not obligated to join if you don't like the outcome, if Belgian witbiers are chosen and you voted for them it just means you have first shots at sitting at the tasting. If you voted it first and it loses, but your second choice wins, you'd get a spot at the tasting on a second tier basis but you could say no.
    I rated all the styles according to preference, but I'll just state that I'm in no matter what the final outcome is.
    edited June 2011
    The survey is closed! The winner has been chosen! I'll be hammering out all the details such as the time slot and cost and then posting the results here hopefully later today!
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    In.
  • lersheelershee Keeper of J Sterling Heights, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    RyanMM wrote:
    Is babbee due before the tasting?

I'll be at 8.5 months, so here's my plan: I will simply take small samples of a bunch of beers that will *maybe* equal 1 glass. All she's doing now is just getting fatter every day. I can have a little bit of beer. :tongue2:
  • JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    lershee wrote:
    I'll be at 8.5 months, so here's my plan: I will simply take small samples of a bunch of beers that will *maybe* equal 1 glass. All she's doing now is just getting fatter every day. I can have a little bit of beer. :tongue2:

Let that kid have a taste of the good life before birth!
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    lershee wrote:

Science doth agree with thee.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    Pregnant drinking: Only at Icrontic
    RyanMM
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    Not..... exactly. Sugar had a total of 1 drink while prego with TheKid, She came out perfect. She also had a drink while Prego with TheKid2, we're still batting 1.000.

Based on my experience, I encourage ladies to have a drink in their last month.

-Digi
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    True story: a friend of ours went to a bar while in her last month of pregnancy and got some incredibly rude stares while she enjoyed a beer. Turns out that the pregnant stomach is a remarkably effective drink holder.*

*as long as the babby doesn't kick your beer.
    edited June 2011
    I smell a new Yahoo Answers question:

HOW IS BABBY DEFORMED?
  • SpencerForHireSpencerForHire Clawson, MI
    edited June 2011
    Hmm, just be careful on quantity, wouldn't want a beer belly.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    Lol ... to be fair, it has been drilled into our cultural consciousness for a long ass time, but multiple, large studies have shown no effects from very small amounts in most cases. So, 1 beer total = a-okay (unless your baby is hypersensitive to alcohol via some gene ... but you would probably know that already from either you or SO being very sensitive to it)
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    with Jeff being the father, beer is the least of that baby's worries...
  • sharkydartsharkydart KY Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    i'm in
    edited June 2011
    fatcat wrote:
    with Jeff being the father, beer is the least of that baby's worries...

^
    RyanMM
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    lershee wrote:
    I'm in!
    You and Jeff didn't even register for Expo... :wtf:
  • HumerusMegHumerusMeg Something, something medical professional, Fitness bitch, Sexy chef Austin Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    In! :D
    edited June 2011
    Ryan, update?
    edited June 2011
    The winner is SAISONS!

00C7t.png

It was an epic battle. It came very close, with witbiers and old ales putting in a strong showing. I think I know what my prime candidates will be for my next tasting!

I want everyone to know how the order of seating offering will go, so I'm posting this right now. This chart shows what voter number you were, along with which rank you placed Saisons into your preferences.

cKZSF.png

After the voting closed, SharkeyDart and HumerousMeg said 'in' as well, so they're alternates following everyone who'd already voted.

I can seat a minimum of 14 people based on my current glassware count. I'm working out the logistics of the tasting room to figure out if I can squeeze more in there, and if I can I'll just get more glassware.

That means the first 14 people on this list are guaranteed their seats if they want them. That's everyone through GnomeQueen. If there is anyone in on the list that doesn't want in, let me know so I can scratch you off.

Once I have the total number of seats figured out I'll go down the list and everyone will have a chance to join the tasting or skip it.

Gonna try and get things figured out soon, I promise!
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    It may just be my post aponyocalypse state but I don't understand any of that. But it looks like I'm still in so, :D

-Digi
    edited June 2011
    Farmhouse Ale FTW!

IN!
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    Ryan, as previously stated, I'm interested regardless of the winner.
    edited June 2011
    You can give my seat away
    edited June 2011
    I'll place you as an alternate after the rest, Brian.
    edited June 2011
    When will it be? I'm having to shorten my trip and I may have to cancel my spot.
    edited June 2011
    Oh, dur. It's Friday at 10:15pm. How the frak did I forget to post that?
    edited June 2011
    Is it at the cafe or offsite? I'm having to budget my 18 hours at Epic carefully :(

I'll stay a "yes" for now. I anticipate appreciating the medicinal properties of beer that evening.