Map posting thread

2»

Comments

• ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    Actually, he was correct. The update on Monday failed due to a slight change that I made to the backup process (the map is generated off the backup, not the active world folder, this lets me minimize downtime). I have since corrected the issue and manually ran an update of the map. Forgot to post here about it though. Whoops.
    edited July 2011
    I'm making some changes to the way the map renders (and am therefore re-rendering the map currently). Changes include getting rid of the top two zoom levels as they are too far zoomed out to be useful anyway. Also, I am rendering 2 different map modes. Normal, which is the same as the map has been so far and Spawn which is a normal map with an overlay which shows where mob spawning is possible (so that we can light such areas if desired). Depending on the size and how well the map turns out, I may just go back to only rendering normal mode.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited July 2011
    Did the new update restrict the range of the map? I'm noticing a distinct cutoff to the bottom and right edges of the map.
    edited July 2011
    Yes, that was a side effect of me knocking out the top 2 zoom levels it seems. Don't know why it has to render so much blank space. I'll change it back to automatically choosing the zoom levels so everything gets rendered.
    edited October 2011
    Just checked the map and noticed that there's a huge "STRIFE" printed out in the middle of nowhere now. Hmm, wonder who did that.

Anyway, I shouldn't even need to say this, but DON'T WARP OUT INTO THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE AND GEN A BUNCH OF MAP. It wastes disk space on the server, it wastes time doing backups, it wastes time generating the map and it generally pisses me off.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    Going to kill this thread.

Ardi please make a new one once you have made the first render from the new map.

-Digi
This discussion has been closed.