How to get out of Bronze and Silver league in StarCraft II

13»

Comments

• WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    You can't argue with this man's expertise.

2W1H2.gif
  • Jan
    edited January 2011
    @Jack

Biggest pile of bullcrap I've ever read.
  • edited January 2011
    MOVE BY HOLDING THE MIDDLE CLICK AND DRAGGING OR MOVIONG YOUR MOUSE TO THE EDGE
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    So it's been 5 months since Tim made the comment that our guests keep discussing. I wonder if any of them have stopped and asked "I wonder if that guy has gotten better?" rather than just vomiting words.
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    Idk, all I know is... I'm gonna be stuck in silver league for quite some time, I need to increase my point count by at least 1500 to move to the top of my current division, and I currently have about 1000 points. ;(
  • edited March 2011
    As long as you can have an APM of about 150 you can win someone with a higher APM as long as your decision making and responses are better than your opponent
  • edited March 2011
    Why do you say you'll never be sky? There's a finite limit to what a human is physically and mentally capable of processing and there is really no difference between him and you. Nothing he is doing there that isn't redundant is faster than around 300apm which isn't hard to hit as terran or zerg. if you spent the time you'd eventually beat him.
  • edited April 2011
    Tim, thats why the
    "You should also be mapping all your unit-producing structures to some of the number shortcuts (CTRL + # to create a group, SHIFT + # to add to a group). This will allow you to create new units without having to look at the structure—simply press the number key you’ve assigned to the building, then use the hot keys that you’ve learned for unit creation."
    Say your barrack is on 1, and your at your expention building things (as a terran for this example), Take 2-3 scvs, bind them to 2 ( or any comfortable number that you're not already using ) press 1-a-2 and continue doing your turrets or whatever... it takes a quarter of a second man. your whole paragraph did not make any point.
  • edited August 2011
    I'm an about top 27 bronze protoss. I would say my macro is not so bad and my forcefields quite good. I still find it hard to leave bronze. In this article you're talking about hotkeys, controllgroups and camera movement ??!!!?? That should be appropriate to get to top 70 in bronze.

Has the skill-level in the lower leagues changed or am a lacking in some other area?
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    edited August 2011
    The skill level has gone up as people have learned how to play the game. Have you tried watching replays to see when you start to falter in various aspects of the game. For example I noticed that for the longest time I would always stop producing workers around 30 food. I had to train myself to keep up worker production and now I cease production around 100 food unless I've lost SCVs to harass.

You can find out a lot about what you're doing good or not so good by simply watching replays with APM, Production, and Income tabs open.
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited August 2011
    Anviking, if you post a replay, i'd be happy to give you a little feedback about what you could do to get out of bronze.
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    edited August 2011
    Or you could do what I did and DT rush your way to plat XD
  • edited August 2011
    @Tim, your bad at wow if your clicking icons, use the mouse to move the screen but u can also keybind specfic areas on the map to the F keys (f2, f3, etc) also if you have ur production buildings keybound then there shouldnt be a reason to que more then 1 unit at a time. lastly building 5 marines in one rax spending all that money at once to only have 1 unit at a time come out is exactly why ur in mid to low bronze league play. trying to build a 3rd or fourth rax u spend to much at once, and ur units are coming out way to slow for the amount of $ spent on them
  • NoX
    edited September 2011
    Tim, if you are using the arrow keys or wasd keys to move around the you aren't using that hand to use hotkeys which are necessary, believe me. Unless of course you want to be below gold league for the rest of your starcraft experience. This coming from a high diamond league player. Or you can go back to WoW, a dying game that requires zero skill only large chunks of time
  • NoX
    edited September 2011
    and pros don't average 300 you dumb asses, unless theyre spamming like crazy. They average around 200 I'd say
  • edited October 2011
    The only reason I use the arrowkeys is cuz I play left handed :P
    edited November 2011
    Blizzard released some information about approximately how many points you'll need to change leagues:

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/3947374/Climbing_the_Ladder_How_to_Earn_a_League_Promotion-11_15_2011
  • TO PEOPLE SAYING CLICKING IS OK IN WOW

You play PvE, and probably not even at the highest level. But in PvP you will fail horribly. The problem is NOT speed, really the GCD 1.5 sec is long enough that sure you can click all your spells. The problem is that you CAN'T turn AND click at the same time! This is terrible since in PvP you constantly need to reposition and turn yourself while using your abilities. Check swifty's video to understand. Although I disagree on using a mouse like that, the mouse should be just for turning.

TLDR: WoW PvP requires turning and using spells at the same time which is why clickers fail.
    It's well established that Tim is a bad. Don't worry about it.
  • My keyboard won't hotkeys the buildings. i press ctrl, then #, then 1, and nothing happens. I'm so depressed. :(
    at least I'm not #99 bronze....
    My keyboard won't hotkeys the buildings. i press ctrl, then #, then 1, and nothing happens. I'm so depressed. :(
    at least I'm not #99 bronze....
    don't hit '#' in the middle. Just hit ctrl + 1 when you have it selected.