Your first WASD game

2»

Comments

• MyrmidonMyrmidon Baron von Puttenham California Icrontian
    edited September 2011
    I still immediately invert my mouse-Y. I cannot play games with an un-inverted Y axis.

I thought I was the only one! YUS!

I can't remember what, but there was some recent game I played that DIDN'T include the option to invert. I had to download a mod. Are there more of us than I think?
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited September 2011
    Myrmidon wrote:
    I thought I was the only one! YUS!

I can't remember what, but there was some recent game I played that DIDN'T include the option to invert. I had to download a mod. Are there more of us than I think?

I've had to do that a couple times. Last time was the first Overlord game.
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    edited September 2011
    UPSLynx wrote:
    I do the same. No clue why you'd do otherwise. CTRL is better for sprint.

I also use shift to crouch but CTRL for sprint is all wrong. Alt sprint master race here.
    I still immediately invert my mouse-Y. I cannot play games with an un-inverted Y axis.

Any time I play a console game (rarely) I have to invert the y-axis but never do it on pc unless it's flying a helicopter in Battlefield. If I don't invert y for helicopters then flying consists of lifting 10 ft. off the ground, flipping over and killing the 5-6 guys riding with me. Hilarity ensues.
  • StarmanStarman Icrontian
    edited September 2011
    I also use alt for sprint, shift for crouch. I also like to bind the mousewheel button to things, like "last disguise" for spy in TF2.
  • JudahTCJudahTC Ballsdeep with Cola Member
    edited September 2011
    First WASD game was definitely Half Life and I distinctly remember sucking at it.

C for crouch all the way I can't stand shift crouching.
  • pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian
    edited September 2011
    I guess I'm the only one that uses mouse2 as jump and space as crouch in WASD layouts?
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited September 2011
    Nope. I ALWAYS remap mouse2 to jump. However, I use space for secondary fire.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited September 2011
    I think Zanthian and Ghoosdum also use Mouse 2 for jump. Which game did that originate with?

Right mouse is always my secondary fire (or 'block' if there is one). Space is my 'use'. I jump and crouch with E and Q respectively.

This means that I usually can't move right while jumping, or left while crouching if it's not a toggle, but I'm used to it after all these years.

The rest of my controls just don't even make sense when looking at a standard keyboard because the Zboard buttons are in a different place.
  • ZanthianZanthian Mitey Worrier Icrontian
    edited September 2011
    I resisted wasd for a very long time, but eventually did switch to it from the arrow keys.
    I do still set right mouse button to jump as well.
    Inverted mouse all the way for me or I am like handi-capable person.
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    edited September 2011
    I like to remap mouse2 to alt fire, and I usually bind c to mele strike for games such as CoD and L4D.
  • JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway Icrontian
    edited September 2011
    I have a friend who, to this day, stil plays with the arrows, and can't play with WASD.