Thermaltake Level 10 GT review

mertesnmertesn I am Bobby MillerYukon, OK Icrontian
edited October 2011 in Science & Tech

Comments

• TimTim Southwest PA Icrontian
    edited September 2011
    I was going to comment on this case, but I changed my mind.
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    edited September 2011
    This thing is sick, great review.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited September 2011
    There are better cases for cheaper, but it's a nice piece of engineering, and a novel aesthetic concept.
  • edited September 2011
    Its not the first time BMW has been in the sack with a PC manufacturer. We have been using HP cases from BMW for some time now. They are your standard HP Workstation box.
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    edited September 2011
    Revelation wrote:
    Its not the first time BMW has been in the sack with a PC manufacturer. We have been using HP cases from BMW for some time now. They are your standard HP Workstation box.
    True, but it still looks like a standard workstation case, inside and out. Those aren't built for showing off. They're made to hold a workstation's guts in one place and stay out of sight. Not so with the Level 10 series. They were designed as showpieces.
  • Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited September 2011
    I love the white with the black trim. I'd build using that in a New York minute.
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited September 2011
    The original Level 10 oozed quality, but the GT has simplified-out all of the interesting aesthetic design (but I don't dispute the case's utility). If we're going to mention the connection to automotive design, the GT is the Kia Amanti to the original Level 10's Benz. They had the two side-by-side at Microcenter, and it's night and day.

If there was never an original, I probably would think more of the GT, but this much money for that much steel and plastic still wouldn't be my style.

Sidenote: who needs 4 5.25" bays these days? Maybe just for a reservoir, or convert it for another fan port. I think it's savvy to offer one with a res built into two of the bays, but I'm looking forward to post-optical drive case design.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited September 2011
    Thrax wrote:
    There are better cases for cheaper, but it's a nice piece of engineering, and a novel aesthetic concept.
    Gargoyle wrote:
    The original Level 10 oozed quality, but the GT has simplified-out all of the interesting aesthetic design (but I don't dispute the case's utility)
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    The price has dropped to $199.99
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    Have the snow edition. Have one of my dual socket machines in there and all of the trays filled, need to bump mine kind of hard to get them to seat all the way. I have not been able to engineer a good way to secure the SATA cables any better and it is slightly annoying if I want to transport it.