Why grown-ass men love My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic so much

Comments

• DavidReinoldDavidReinold Minnesota
    edited October 2011
    But it doesn't have that. When I go to the subcategories all it has is "View site" and "Dashboard". That's why I'm wondering if I don't need extra permissions to access it.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    Hi, EIC here. I'll fix your permissions in a minute. Thanks for finding that old article; that needs to come down as the process has changed :D
  • ketoketo Occupied. Or is it preoccupied? Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    I pounded a thousand goddamned nails in my lifetime, nobody's ever called me a carpenter. You watch ONE episode of My Little Pony, and...

Ayup. I still ain't buying. (Yes, I read the article.) To each their own, but don't mind me while I :shakehead
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    keto wrote:
    Ayup. I still ain't buying. (Yes, I read the article.) To each their own, but don't mind me while I :shakehead

fluttershy%20haters%20gonna%20hate.gif
  • PirateNinjaPirateNinja Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    keto wrote:

tumblr_llbdevfUQm1qzuq54o1_500.png
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    To any and all of the new bronies on Icrontic - you are officially invited:

http://icrontic.com/forum/showpost.php?p=805994&postcount=1079
  • edited October 2011
    Hey lynx I read ur article and it makes perfect sense. I'm a Brony. At first when I hurd the idea from my friend being addicted to my little pony I was like "geez who would get caught dead watching this crap" but as he talked about it more an more I got cerious and watched 3 episodes and I was hook-line-and sinker to this Show. I was even surprising my self that I watch it. But I have also been doing my homework on the show and I got to admit they have a great fan base and that really surprised me. Cuz in my school its the same situation with people criticizing other people for what they watch. But i could care
    Less cuz before I was a closet Brony for the first 12 episodes but after that I was very open about the whole show. Thanks for this awesome article.
  • TheAlertHuskyTheAlertHusky Victoria BC Member
    edited October 2011
    I pounded a thousand goddamned nails in my lifetime, nobody's ever called me a carpenter. You watch ONE episode of My Little Pony, and...

I completely agree with you and I even worked as a carpenters apprentice! Cripes.
  • Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    6264019287_fdc4b4da21_z.jpg
  • BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    Yesterday, woot.com had Hasbro Littlest Pet Shop Figures, which some people likened to Hasbro's other more superior series featuring colorful animals. Someone then asked "I've read through all the comments, and I STILL don't know wth a Brony is!!!?!!"

I simply had to oblige them an answer that points to this article. :D

On similar topic, woot has historically snuck in a few pony-related things. Like for a while, typing "OMG" was filtered and turned into "WOO, PONIES!"
    edited October 2011
    Bandrik wrote:
    Yesterday, woot.com had Hasbro Littlest Pet Shop Figures, which some people likened to Hasbro's other more superior series featuring colorful animals. Someone then asked "I've read through all the comments, and I STILL don't know wth a Brony is!!!?!!"

I simply had to oblige them an answer that points to this article. :D

On similar topic, woot has historically snuck in a few pony-related things. Like for a while, typing "OMG" was filtered and turned into "WOO, PONIES!"

That was a pretty answer to them dude. Props!
  • edited October 2011
    Wow, reading the comments was just as fun as the article lol.
  • edited October 2011
    I'm going to be joining this site JUST because of this article. I've fallen in LOVE with My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. I saw a few people talking about it on World of Warcraft and I looked it up...I'm HOOKED. 10 Episodes watched counting. "Winter Wrap Up" Is the BEST song I've ever heard. I've listened to it non-stop 62 times so far, right now. My GOD This article is PONY-GOD.
    edited October 2011
    Matthew wrote:
    I'm going to be joining this site JUST because of this article. I've fallen in LOVE with My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. I saw a few people talking about it on World of Warcraft and I looked it up...I'm HOOKED. 10 Episodes watched counting. "Winter Wrap Up" Is the BEST song I've ever heard. I've listened to it non-stop 62 times so far, right now. My GOD This article is PONY-GOD.

Bro bro bro, if you want the best mlp song, you gotta look outside the series.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/hIPOeXQ793Q&quot; frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

there you go
  • edited November 2011
    Well I'm a brony too, just found this. Read a comment about fanfics, so whoever (upslynx?) wanted good romance fics without sex scenes should check out some of my work. "Flutterheart" and others available on http://www.fimfiction.net/story/926/Flutterheart just in case you care. Probably won't get on this thread again, but good job with the article.
  • edited November 2011
    Fluttershy is best pony ...duh
  • StarmanStarman Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    I have now linked this article to pony-haters twice. :D
    edited November 2011
    Starman wrote:
    I have now linked this article to pony-haters twice. :D

I've gotten four people to turn brony personally. But nice, must be getting a lot of flak eh?:(
  • edited November 2011
    Man, bronies are just a bunch of pedophiles. I warn you not to let them near children.
  • BHHammyBHHammy Somewhere in Hell Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Man, bronies are just a bunch of kelpophiles. I warn you not to let them near kelp.
    Kelp? I don't even like seaweed!
  • edited November 2011
    How do you become pony?
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Man, bronies are just a bunch of pedophiles. I warn you not to let them near children.

Whatadick
    edited November 2011
    Awww too bad. I've let several bronies around my children. I guess I'm a bad father.
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    In psychology, I believe this is called projection.

http://www.wikicedia.net/wiki/Richard_Halpert
    edited November 2011
    Sdaerf wrote:
    How do you become pony?

GET OUT THIS IS NO 4CHAN THREAD!!! JK but seriously.:range:
  • edited November 2011
    primesuspect, yes you are a bad parent, those bronies most likely molested your kids.
    edited November 2011
    Whew!
  • BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    edited November 2011

But... but what if the children are in turn also bronies? Are infants now at risk of devious brony children? Or does it reverse over the generation timeline and put the elderly at risk?

I also secretly fear that my cat is a brony and will paw at me... unappropritly... in my sleep. This sickens me.

Mr. Halpert... I don't know what to do. Halp!
  • edited November 2011
    Children cannot be bronies, only 20+ year old men with an obsession over a little girls show can be. Also cats cannot be bronies because cats have good taste in TV shows.
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-brony-quite-frankly.jpg

I'm honored that you have come to enlighten us Mr. Halpert.