Malware, Virus has taken over

edited October 2011 in Science & Tech
I think I have a malware or virus on my computer. Can anybody help me get it off. A box is coming up with system restore and a list of errors and wants me to click on FIX ERRORS. I wanted to try system restore but if I click on Start it shows none of my programs and icons and then if I click on all programs it says empty.

Comments

• Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    You will likely need to boot into safemode to remove. This sounds like a common type of rouge application (anti virus spoof designed to sell you a junk tool, or worse, steal your credit card number). These rouge apps often preload instructions on the normal boot to keep you from installing removal tools, the way around this is to install them in safe mode. You may need to boot into safe mode with networking to install malwarebytes and update it fully. Then run a full scan from safemode, more often than not that tool will allow you to remove that type of application without too much fuss. Let us know if your still having trouble after that.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    Follow the instructions I have written out here and report back in this thread.