Dungeon Defenders creates a whole new genre of multiplayer gaming

primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI Icrontian
edited December 2011 in Gaming

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    Big patch went out last night
    • Steam persona names with non-ASCII characters can now connect to TrendyNet. (Korean names, etc)
    • Fixed special characters "\", "/", "<" creating unjoinable online games
    • Fixed "Start Wave" not updating to display the current Wave number of the match
    • Fixed potential losing-mission-unlock issue
    • Added option to toggle chase camera offset between left, right, and centered
    • Added option to disable "automatic step towards melee target" behavior
    • Made UI Scale keep the edge-alignment of the UI elements, so they stay at their corner even as they get smaller
    • Console key now changed from Tilde to F1
    • Apprentice: increased Tower attack rate ramp
    • Squire: lowered Tower DPS ramp
    • Increased maximum number of dropped items on the ground in missions
    • Made "L" key quickly log/unlock the highlighted item in your Item Box
    • Added -dowritelog commandline option to output log data & better error reporting method
    • Reworked TrendyNet keep-alive logic to minimize disconnects and reduce load

So they nerfed the Squire a bit, but those blade towers are still insane.

I see a bunch of you playing; how's everybody enjoying the game?
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    Methinks we have an event this weekend and link up for some 4 player action.
  • TiberiusLazarusTiberiusLazarus Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    As someone who plays Squire as main, I am okay with the nerf.

Perhaps we should get together and do some INSANE levels? Items and experience galore.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    I'm running this on a Android 3.2 on a Motorola Xoom and the camera changes from last week (Wave 2) were annoying... it kept moving the camera and I'd have the camera looking at the wall when I'm firing the other direction. I want the option to lock the camera to follow. The "not step toward enemy" might be nice too.

The question is, what platforms are you all using?
    edited October 2011
    PC
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    hmmmm
  • cherplunkacherplunka Sunnyvale, CA Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    I need to play this so bad....
    edited October 2011
    Play!
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    IC Event slated for Wednesday at 9PM EST/6PM PST! Come play with us!
    edited October 2011
    The difficulty ramp on this game is insane. Waves 1-6 no big deal WAVE 7 HOLY SHIT
    edited October 2011
    If you're a Steam achievement whore, I just found out tonight that you can only earn Steam achievements by playing online on Trendynet Ranked servers. You can still earn them in-game on Local and Open Multiplayer servers (and collect the trophies for your Tavern), but to get the real Steam achievements, Ranked Online only.

The crappy part is: You have to start new characters for ranked. Blergh.
  • TiberiusLazarusTiberiusLazarus Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    Is it still possible to play with specific people when playing on ranked servers? Could we form an 'achievement get' group?
    edited October 2011
    Not sure. Want to try today?
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    Did they fix the bug that causes the game to reset the player's custom controls when going into ranked servers?
  • MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    If this ever goes on sale I'll be all over it.
    edited October 2011
    CB: I don't know. I didn't have any problems with custom controls.

You can go into a ranked server, make it a private match, and still play with your friends (or solo). Not sure why they allow anything other THAN ranked, really... Unless people like to screw around with cheats or mods THAT much.

Anyways, new Apprentice created. Gothmog!

jbqJxJMIeYLxPq.jpg
    edited October 2011
    I just double-checked for you, CB. I logged back in and all my controls were fine, so I'd say yes.
  • Bad-NeighborBad-Neighbor Columbus, OH
    edited October 2011
    Picked this up and have leveled a dude to 21 on open. I guess I'll need to do a ranked character, too. Butts.
    edited October 2011
    7.05 Patch Notes:
    * Added "Halloween Spooktacular Event" Content! Tons of New Costumes, New Mission, New Items & Weapons!
    * Raised Mana Bank limit to 30 million
    * Added VSync and One-Threaded-Renderer Options to the Configuration Tool
    * Fixed 50% of all reported crash types
    * Improved Apprentice Defense Attack Rate ramp further, now you gain major Attack Rate DPS benefits well into the 100's of Attack Rate points
    * Chat-box now won't auto-close when opened if bound to 'Enter'
    * Items that are locked in your Item Box now stay locked when equipped to your hero
    * Fixed minor potential exploits
    * Chat History ("Console") Key can now be set in the Configuration Tool
    * Animus projectile now is piercing, and has better damage ramp.
    * "Heal-Self" Spell now takes more time proportionate to what your Maximum Health is.
    * Made "Enrage Aura" have a longer lifespan, more effective, and cost 1 less DU
    * Reduced Bloodrage Speed benefit, and Increased Bloodrage Mana cost-over-time
    * Fixed Magic Blockades not properly stealing the Element of Archers or Wyverns
    * Push-To-Talk option no longer disables itself between games
    * Map Loot icons now appear during the Combat Phase, not just the Build Phase
    * Equipment rating calculation now factors in potential upgrade levels (i.e. lower-end equipment with sufficient upgrade levels is compared evenly with upgraded equipment)
    * Added 60 more Item Box spaces
    * Console (Chat History) keybinding can now be set in the Configuration Tool
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    Just a note, the new Halloween stuff is a DLC on Steam that is currently free, but you still have to install it like any other DLC.
  • Bad-NeighborBad-Neighbor Columbus, OH
    edited October 2011
    7.06 Update
    Bug fixes / Feature Additions:
    * Rebalanced/redesigned Spooktacular spawns and added Leaderboard & Stats collection - Thanks Tsuda!
    * Made Spooktacular skins unlockable by beating Spooktacular on hard (per hero class), though second set of weapons remain Insane-only
    * Fixed various Spooktacular mission bugs
    * Fixed chatbox getting stuck during level transitions THANK GOODNESS!
    * Make costume unlock requirements clear in the costume selection
    * Allowed mission unlocking/downloads at the mission selection screen
    * Reduced self-heal mana cost ramp (cheaper to heal at high HP's now)
    * Added "Drop All Mana" key, default "M" key, and keybinding added to configuration tool
    * Fixed problem with Familiar attack rate being effectively capped (there was indeed a bug with this), and renamed the Familiar Attack Rate stat to "Attack Speed Bonus". Now high-Attack-Rate familars are way, way, way more effective.
    * Made practice dummies average DPS over 5 seconds for a more accurate reading
    * Fixed potential double-upgrade bug with superfast mouseclicks
    * Moved bonus-item crates back into the main section of the Halloween Tavern, out from the Secret Room
    * Added Pause menu option to "Hide Game", which delists the game and prevents anyone else from joining it. Useful for turning public match into a private match, or making a private match totally unjoinable even by your friends.
    * Fixed bug in algorithm to determine gear stat allocations, that was making high-end gear less likely to have Defense Damage and Defense AoE stats.
    * Removed Non-Infinite Build Time Option for Easy, Medium, Hard
    * Fixed bug where Squire would turn around when entering block in Chase Cam
    * Pets will now attack one of the Practice Dummies in the Tavern so you can check your Pet DPS
    * Added button (Default "G") to remote-activate your Eternia Crystal so you can begin the Combat phase from wherever you are

Balancing Changes:
    * Made Genie pet's "Grant Mana Bonus" upgradeable, and made him grant more Mana proportionate to how much its "Grant Mana Bonus" is upgraded
    * Nerfed Spooktacular "Van Wolfstein" weapon about 40%, and Huntress Ability 'Piercing Shot' about 30%
    * Increased speed of Apprentice Staff "knockback" animation by 40%, and increased its maximum (fully charged) damage output by 50%
    * Nerfed Bowling Ball & Harpoon Turrets a bit more: bowling ball & harpoon damages reduced by about 33%, attack rate reduced by about 25%, bowling ball projectiles now limited to 6 hits before breaking, harpoon projectiles now limited to 12 hits before breaking.
    * Slice and Dice Tower no longer has such a vertical sweep to be effective against enemies above it
    * Reduced Energy Drain rates on Electric and Ensnare Monk Auras
    * Increased Insane/Post-Insane Kobold Damage by 20% and Kobold Explosion Damage radius by 20%
    * 20% increase to Spike Blockade HP & its exponential HP ramp
    * 30% better exponential damage ramp on Squire Circular Slice
    * 40% reduction on Imp/Engy repair costs
    edited October 2011
    Woo!
    Added button (Default "G") to remote-activate your Eternia Crystal so you can begin the Combat phase from wherever you are
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    * Added button (Default "G") to remote-activate your Eternia Crystal so you can begin the Combat phase from wherever you are

My group has been wishing for this from day one. I knew it was only a matter of time.
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    I have lvl 10 squire right now. Spec'd for straight dmg/health with a little speed. Rolling with a pony too yo.
  • pragtasticpragtastic Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    A lot of patch balances and fixes/features in the last couple days. Loving how attentive and caring the Trendy devs are for this title right now. And some free DLC to boot? Hell yes.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Bought this after Spencer convinced me. Seems well worth the $15 just for replay value
  • pragtasticpragtastic Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Tushon wrote:
    Bought this after Spencer convinced me. Seems well worth the $15 just for replay value

Owned DD for about a week and easily gotten my $15 worth out of it already.
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    I feel kind of sad though. Played over 2 hours and only got through 4 games, the first two maps on easy and normal. This is not a fast game for the most part.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    I think spencer and I got through three maps on Medium with me being brand new and having only played a couple tower defense games before. I need to look at the meta a little bit and figure out how I want to build my guy so I don't just keep throwing points at him. We almost cleared the fourth map, but couldn't hold off the hordes long enough. Still trying to figure out best tower placement on that map.
    edited November 2011
    Played with some pubs last night and plowed through the second zone and faced the second boss. Sweeeet.